SHORT SUMMARY - (minimum stay is 2 nights)
The 73 square metre apartment has the WOW factor - the breathtaking light, balcony with yukka trees, and views strike you as soon as you open the door. Located a short walk from St Kilda beach and Acland street (the most popular parts of Melbourne), Glenn the manager, welcomes families with babies and provides a port-a-cot. A secure off street carpark is provided a short walk from the apartment.
THE FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS NEW FIRST FLOOR 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT IN A RESIDENTIAL BLOCK against SMALL CROWDED APARTMENTS IN HOTELS ETC IS THAT generally THIS APARTMENT IS MORE SPACIOUS, HAS MORE LIGHT (has to be seen to be believed), IS MORE STYLISH (and you even get superior towels and full size palmolive or lux soap). IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD and GLENN WILL GENERALLY GREET YOU AT THE APARTMENT (unless you don't want this, then a key pick-up is provided) AND EVEN AN AIRPORT PICK UP MAY BE ARRANGED. FOR EUROPEAN GUESTS GLENN SPEAKS FRENCH and ITALIAN.
This apartment has the WOW factor and is one of two Glenn's Serviced Apartments i.e. 'Irwell' (the other one 'St Leonards' is also on the beach in St Kilda, refer www.stayz.com.au/79883). The apartment features include:
- size, it is 55 square metres i.e. 30% larger than many regular size hotel apartments + this apartment has a huge 18 square metre balcony decorated with flowers and yukka trees;
- secure off street car park a short walk away (cost is $9 per night);
- a kitchen with full size fridge, full cooking facilities and northerly views;
- a huge lounge room/dining area with a stylish large new leather couch + chaise, a four seat dining table with designer glossy red chairs, a 42" flat screen TV with Foxtel and a northern wall predominantly of large windows providing superb northern and western views of St Kilda's streets and rooftops;
- a separate bedroom with mirrored built in robes, queen size bed and large windows providing glorious northerly views of St Kilda, the balcony and allowing for sunny afternoon naps;
- a separate large bathroom with a walk-in shower (with door) and superior towels;
- reverse cycle air-conditioner/heater;
- flooring is quality carpet and porcelain tiles;
- front loader washing machine;
- large internal clothes line;
- it is ablaze with light and sunshine;
- all parts of the apartment that are subject to constant touching are wiped with disinfectant as a part of each clean; and
- complimentary start up provisions are provided, these include milk, coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper and cooking oil.
- a comfortable queen size (QS) bed is wrapped in a superior fitted sheet underneath a 100% natural fibre filled doona of above medium warmth. Glenn prefers to provide freshly washed superior doona covers than to provide flat sheets so you have comfort all night long, making the bed in the morning takes approximately 15 seconds and you have comfort in knowing everything your body touches has been freshly washed;
- to suit your individual needs you can add to or replace the warm QS doona with a light QB doona or a SINGLE bed warm doona;
- to suit your individual needs a choice of three types of pillows is provided; and
- ensure the 600 cotton thread striped white linen will be provided by requesting this.
A BARGAIN AND YOU DEAL ONLY WITH GLENN
Rented permanently as a serviced apartment only since December 2011, comparative apartments can be $100 per night more expensive. You deal directly with Glenn (i.e. not a reception, call centre etc) who undertakes to address your request/needs immediatly.
- a secure off street carpark a short walk away is provided at $9 per night if you request it - this is the amount Glenn pays for it;
- a third person can sleep comfortably on the large, wide, leather couch + chaise (see price under 'Rates');
- flexible check-in and check-out times when possible;
- mobile WiFi ($5 per day) if requested;
- HIS and HERS bikes (free) - if requested when you book;
- Foxtel (cable), entertainment and sport channels (free) and you can request in advance for other channels;
- cot and other baby equipement (supplier's moderate fee is passed on to you);
- a Melbourne Airport pick-up/deliver may be arranged ($70); and
- a comprehensive clean can be provided ($70).
WHEN YOU BOOK / DEPOSIT
Generally you only have to pay a deposit of the greater of $200 or 20% of the tariff. You never have to pay more than 50% until you check-in i.e. until you have seen the apartment.
When possible, Glenn will make the apartment available for you or a friend to inspect prior to booking.
Location of apartment in St Kilda - ST KILDA - Glenn
LOCATION OF APARTMENT IN ST KILDA
The apartment is located in a quiet cul-de-sac in a quiet residential building but in the heart of St Kilda. St Kilda is 6 kms from the CBD (central business district) and is the most popular, fashionable area of Melbourne where locals and tourists alike go to relax. St Kilda is for the trendy, not so trendy, young and not so young - it is for everyone! A stay at glenns-serviced-apartments (irwell) means you have the following within short walking distance:
- Public transport to the city (CBD) just 300 metres away;
- The Acland street cafes, restaurants, bars and shopping strip is the most popular and famous in Melbourne;
- St Kilda beach with its cafes, restaurants, grass areas and breathtaking sunset views;
- St Kilda Pier Cafe and it's fairy penguins in the evening;
- Luna Park for the little kids and big kids;
- the famous St Kilda Esplanade Sunday Market;
- St Kilda Sea Baths which includes a gymnasium that caters for tourists;
- Albert Park Lake where the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix is held; and
- Woolworths and Coles supermakets are both within 500 metres.
WHO IS GLENN?
Glenn is a professional person (ex-auditor in superannuation) who is fully self employed and manages 2 serviced apartments and also provides presentations training to corporations. He prides himself in responding promptly and efficiently to all enquiries which includes keeping the calendar meticulously up to date. He appreciates 'going the extra mile' is good for business but he genuinely enjoys helping and providing an uncomplicated service exceeding expectations - he does not want anything to be hard work for you. For European guests note that Glenn speaks FRENCH and ITALIAN.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- Airport pick-up (generally)
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Euro electricity adaptor
- HIS & HERS bikes
- High chair
- Internal clothes line
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- No cleaning fee
- Off street secure parking
- Pay Television
- Premium linen/towels
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Wifi-affordable & mobile
- A 5% discount for all bookings made more than 6 months in advance; and - A 10% discount for all JUNE, JULY and AUGUST bookings made more than 2 months in advance. - The tariffs will generally be higher on public holidays, public holiday weekends and major event periods.
$240 for Wed & Thurs 15 & 16 May Stay 1 month for $900 per week
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 1 beds and can sleep a maximum 3 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
The best 1-bedroom on St Kilda beach
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.