Batlow for apples; Adelong & Kiandra for gold diggings; Yarrangobilly Caves and 27 degrees thermal pool (all year round); the Snowy Mountains, Tumut 3 Power Station, Talbingo Dam, Kosciusko National Park, Bago State Forest, Blue Water Holes, Buddong Falls and much more.
All year for rainbow trout, brown trout and redfin on Lakes Talbingo, Blowering or Tantangara. Or in season in the numerous streams running out of the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Some good Murray Cod and other native fish are caught in Blowering Dam. Jounama Classic - special fishing & boating weekend in Jounama pondage - occurs annually on last Saturday in October every year. Fishing Rods for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo. Fishing tackle, supplies & bait from either Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Service Station.
Ski and tobogan on Mount Selwyn snow fields. Although Talbingo is below the snowline, the ski slopes of Mt Selwyn are only 40 minutes away via the Snowy Mountains Highway open all year. Mt Selwyn offers 12 ski lifts, at the lowest prices in the NSW Snowies! Tobogan runs and beginners slopes are provided. Also a ski school. Some of the finest cross country ski tours in Australia are a feature of this area. Check out the latest snow report for Mt Selwyn on the net at selwynsnow or from Talbingo Supermarket by 8am every morning during the ski season. Snow Gear for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo and Selwyn Snow & Water at either Mt. Selwyn or Tumut.
* WATERSPORTS: Talbingo is the centre of immense waterways. Talbingo, Blowering and Jounama Lakes offer 6500 hectares of recreational water for fishing. On Talbingo and Blowering: water skiing, sailing, canoing and swimming are every day activities during the warmer weather. 5 HP, 4.3 metre motor boats and trailers for hire locally from the tourist park - no licence required. $60.00 full day and $40.00 half day plus PETROL approx. Other watersport gear can be hired from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo or Selwyn Snow & Water in Tumut.
A magnificent, safe area has been allocated near Talbingo Dam specifically for swimmers. The views are unbelievable and the water as clear as a bell! This area is just 5-10 minutes from Jounama Cottage by car. There are many swimming holes in the local creeks including Jounama Creek.
* GOLF & TENNIS: 9 hole golf course ($10 per adult, $4 per 16 year old and under) and two tennis courts for hire available at the Talbingo Country Club - just down the road! Golf & tennis gear can be hired in Talbingo or BYO.
*The Lodge is a great place for a meal and/or a quiet drink. They offer take away pizza or dine in meals. It is a licensed restaurant. Cook your own steak with salad bar, sausages, chicken kiev, kids meals, pizzas & desserts. Open 6pm to late. Call for bookings and the Country Club is open after 4pm or you could stay at Jounama Cottage and cook your own meals in the kitchen or on the BBQ.
* KITCHEN: fully equipped electric kitchen, microwave etc.
* DINING ROOM: 6 seat dining suite.
* LOUNGE ROOM: Gas heating, 3 x 2 seater lounges. Includes TV/DVD/CD.
* LAUNDRY: washing machine, iron & ironing board.
* BATHROOM: Includes bath, shower, sink and toilet. Also has separate second toilet in laundry.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Washing Machine
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.