Escape to your very own rural sanctuary with this superbly private 10 acre property set amongst sweeping green lawns dotted with mature specimen trees and surrounded by absolute tranquility - only an hour from Melbourne. Tucked away at the end of a winding country lane, it is a hidden haven offering the perfect location for those who want to escape the city and enjoy everything that Red Hill has to offer.
Embraced by neighboring olive groves, vineyards and artisan providores, this is an ideal place to immerse yourself in the good life, Red Hill style. You'll find it easy to unwind with a local wine on the deck with the only sounds local birds and the outlook to the garden and fields beyond.
The house is a Quaker Barn inspired home with 5 bedrooms. Upstairs are two bedrooms including a parents retreat and games room under the traditional vaulted roofline, while the entry level provides a spacious modern lounge with a slow combustion heater, open plan family room and kitchen with stone benches and the dining room, two other bedrooms, a nursery and two bathrooms.
The house is set up to cater for a variety of needs - whether you are seeking a romantic getaway, want to unwind with friends or holiday with young family - this is the ideal place.
Handy to cafes and the famous Red Hill Market, mornington peninsular wineries, a short drive to most wedding venues in the area, easy 10-15 min drive to beaches on Port Phillip or Westernport Bay or the many golf courses, spas, restaurants. Nearby is the Red Hill Caterers cafe and the new Chocolate Shop Cafe - both serve great coffee and are licensed and now serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There is an abundance of toys and books for young children including a climbing frame, cosy coupe, kitchen and playroom. There are also boardgames, cards, DVD, TV.
Early check-in and late check-out offered whenever possible.
Minimum 3 night booking over "long weekends". Minimum 4 night booking over Easter. Minimum 1 week booking over Christmas/New Year Holiday period.
Please Note: there is water (dams) on this property but it is fenced and away from the house.
2 x Queen Beds
1 x Triple Bunk (1 double, 1 single)
2 x Single Beds (plus extra mattress)
2 x Cot, 1 x portacot
Doonas and pillows provided.
Either bring your own linen (fitted sheet, top sheet, pillowcases) and towels or these can be provided (for a fee pp)
Some of the Highlights of the Region:
* The Red Hill Market operates on the first Saturday of the month from September to May. Includes locally grown fruit and vegetables, gourmet products, fresh food to go, arts and crafts.
* Enjoy fine regional food and wine and stunning views at some great restaurants - Montalto, Ten Minutes by Tractor, Port Phillip Estate, Le Petanque, Olive Grove (all have a 2012 Good Food Guide Hat).
* Visit farmgates (seasonal), winemakesrs, artisan producers - all listed in the Mornington Peninsular Gourmet Guide.
* Play a round of golf at any of the fabulous courses - most have wonderful coastal vistas.
* Enjoy a spa treatment at any number of establishments - including the hot springs.
* Pick your own strawberries or enjoy jam, or berry ice cream at Sunnyridge strawberry farm (from November).
* Visit local artists studios - ceramics, glass, painting, homewares, antiques etc
* Take a tour of the historic Cape Schanck lighthouse then stroll the boardwalk to the rockpools and waves.
* Challenge yourself at Ashcombe or Enchanted maze - has many other activities besides the maze.
* Checkout the surf beaches.
* Take the Bushrangers bay walk to a stunning beach.
for more information go to tourist information website
- 1 cot, baby change table and baby bath
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- High chair
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fireplace
- Rumpus room
- Washing Machine
- portacot and pram
- stacks of kids toys/books
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.