Set in the middle of the Yarra Valley, our house is located in beautiful Warburton, a stone's throw from the Yarra River and Warburton's cafes, restaurants, shops and pub (all are a 5 minute walk away across the swing-bridge into town).
Recently we were very fortunate to be featured in Melbourne's Broadsheet magazine. Thanks guys!
The House - Inside
We have spent the last 2 years renovating our house - so you should find that most things are sorted and where they should be. Throughout the house we have also installed European wall heating resulting in a seriously warm house for those winter nights as Warburton can get cold. Inside you will find:
The lounge is bright, roomy and has great views of the Warburton mountain range; furnishings include:
- Beautiful vintage Danish leather 3-seater lounge, 2 x single vintage Danish leather chairs, cow-hide foot stools
- Open fire to keep you super warm
- Vintage record player (with a great collection of vinyl), DVD player (lots of movies), LED TV, Apple TV, radio, and iPad (with internet access, lots of movies)
- Drinks trolley complete with basic spirits, soda-water etc. - simply use the honesty box for what you drink.
- Board games and lots of books to keep even the most fussiest amused!
- Beautiful views of the Warburton mountain range.
We love cooking and have equipped our kitchen accordingly. Features include:
- A walk-in pantry with all of the basic cooking condiments including locally produced olive oil, salt/pepper, spices, herbs, flour, sugar, tea, coffee etc.
- New electric oven and stove top
- Vintage 1950s Kelvinator fridge
- Coffee machine, bread-maker, slow-cooker, Le Creuset pots/pans.
Completely renovated featuring:
- Claw-foot bath, perfect for a soak after a day's activities
- Separate shower (great water pressure) and pedestal sink
- Aesop toiletries.
Our house has three large bedrooms and can comfortably sleep 7. Quality pillows, duvets with all linen is provided for all beds - so you can just arrive and relax. Bedrooms feature:
- Large master bedroom with large built-ins, a beautiful view of the valley and mountain range
- Large sunny second bedroom at the rear of the house with garden views and built-ins
- Good sized third bedroom with double bed / single bunk, 2 seater leather lounge and garden views.
Functional laundry with access to the rear garden courtyard. Most laundry items suitable for longer stays are included:
- Washer / dryer with washing powder provided
- Original vintage laundry dual-sink
- Large vintage Kelvinator drinks fridge
- Ironing board, iron, clothes horse.
Outside the House
There is plenty of room to move outside - our house is located on approximately 3/4 acre and features:
- Large front balcony overlooking the river and mountains, with family sized BBQ
- Rear stone courtyard with herb garden (help-yourself)
- Large rear garden in natural setting
- Outdoor fire pit with rustic seating with a great mountain view (winter only).
Why is our house unique?
In addition to staying at our lovely house, we also provide the following so you can really enjoy your stay:
- Drinks trolley - help yourself and leave some change in the honesty box
- All linen including nice fluffy towels
- An iPad 3 with 3G internet connection, loaded with music, movies and games
- Apple TV so you can bring your own movies and watch on the big screen.
Local Activities and Attractions
Warburton itself is located just over an hour from Melbourne (72km) and sits right in the heart of the Yarra Valley.
Wineries, micro-breweries, restaurants, shops and country living are all at your door step. There are approximately 16 wineries within a 30 minute drive of Warburton.
The start of the popular Warburton Trail is also nearby - about 10mins walk to be exact. Other sporting activities include:
- Golf at the Warburton Golf Club (10 min walk)
- Tennis (5 min walk, courts rented from the Warburton Pantry)
- Fishing on the Yarra (2 min walk) - both trout and black fish can be caught
- Cycling / running
- Walking (the Tourist Information office in town has walking trail maps).
- Golfing weekends away. Warburton Golf Course is an great 18 hole course (grass greens) in beautiful surrounds.
- Girls weekend away. Yoga, walking trails, tennis, wine and great food awaits.
- Lads weekend away. Gold, fishing, tennis, beer and food all within walking distance.
- 3G iPad
- Claw-foot bath
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Free WiFi
- Honesty drinks trolley
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Modern kitchen
- Open Fireplace
- Open fire place
- Outdoor fire-pit
- Towels Supplied
- Vintage record player
- Washing Machine
Stay 3 nights for the price of two (including non-public holiday weekends)!
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 7 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 7 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Vintage Escape in the Yarra Valley
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.