Gypsy Cottage was renovated in November 2012 so everything is brand new and freshly painted. The Cottage is located on a quiet street but close to all the attractions of South Fremantle where a 5-minute walk will take you to:
* South beach and the Fremantle Yacht club (Beach towels provided)
* 5 cafes (Fremantle is renown for excellent coffee),
* 5 restaurants (including Indian and Thai cuisine)
* Pub and bottle shop
* Body riches Massage Centre
* The best bakery (Bodhis Bakehouse) in Fremantle which specialises in gluten free and organic products
* Mannas Wholefoods which sells a wide range of organic fruit and vegetable as well as tasty food and beverages made each day on the premises
* The free shuttle (CAT) bus is located within 2-minutes walk and runs every 10 minutes. The bus will take you to the centre of Fremantle and the Fremantle Markets and shopping precinct, train station and bus depot, Maritime Museum, cinemas, art galleries and lots more. You won't need a car to get around.
* The CAT bus will also take you to the Port of Fremantle where you can catch the ferry to visit Rottnest island, our little jewel off the coast of WA or a leisurely cruise down Swan River.
South Fremantle is one of the older suburbs of WA with lots of character , history and attractions. Plus South beach is a fantastic place to unwind and relax.
Gypsy Cottage - a luxurious hideaway
Gypsy Cottage offers short-stay accommodation with all the luxuries of living away from home. Environmentally friendly products are used to clean the Cottage. The kitchen is fully equipped with gas stove, microwave, refrigerator and everything that you would need for home fare. A selection of tea plus plunger-style coffee is available and fresh milk is provided for your convenience on arrival.
The Cottage has a private entrance down the side of the main house where guests can come and go at their leisure. Enjoy relaxing in a private outdoor sitting area or the comfortable indoor living area which is equipped with TV, DVD, internet access, stereo and a 3-seater sofa which can fold down into a large double bed. The bathroom includes a washing machine with your own private clothes line.
Apart from a small step at the entrance of the cottage, the inside of the Cottage is on one level and suitable for elderly people or anyone who doesn't like stairs.
A bond is not required but guests are asked to leave the Cottage in a reasonably clean condition where guests will be responsible for any malicious damage or theft.
Due to the layout of cupboards and furnishings, the Cottage is not suitable for very small children, so preference is for families with children of 7 years or more. If families with very young children would like to stay, the owner has the option of requiring a $50 cleaning bond which will be returned provided the Cottage is left in a reasonable condition.
Gypsy Cottage has been tastefully decorated with Anna Chandler 's range of homewares and art work. Anna is a local Perth artist who uses vibrant colours in her inspiring designs which include textiles, ceramics and other gift ware. (Guests receive 10% discount if they want to buy any of the Anna Chandler range).
Deposits and Cancellation Fees
A deposit of 20% of the total cost of your stay is required to secure your booking. If paying by credit card or bank transfer, the balance will be required a minimum of three weeks before your arrival. Or payment in cash can be made on arrival.
Your deposit will be refunded if you cancel your booking one month prior to your arrival. Cancellation of your booking less than 30 days prior to check-in date will incur a fee, dependent on notification.
You will be notified how to access the cottage a few days prior to your arrival.
Check in time is 2:30pm and check out time is 10:30am
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- 3 minutes walk to free Cat Bus
- 5 minutes walk to Fremantle Sailing Club
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Free WiFi
- Fully equipped kitchen
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Large TV
- Large sofa bed suitable for 2 people
- Linen Supplied
- Outdoor courtyard
- Quiet street with child friendly park at end of street (2 mins walk)
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Within 10 minutes stroll to Fremantle Centre
- Within 5 minutes walk to restaurants, cafes, botleshop/Hotel, organic bakery, healthfood shop and supermarket
For two night stays at Gypsy Cottage, a surplus charge of $50 will apply to cover cleaning costs
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 1 beds and can sleep a maximum 4 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.