Stonewell Cottages, a boutique waterfront vineyard retreat offers peace and privacy, seclusion and space in the heart of the Barossa Valley, just 60 minutes from Adelaide. Enjoy serene water views, still tranquil evenings and stunning vineyard sunsets. Relax by the cosy wood fires and unwind in the luxury candlelit spas.
Stonewell Cottages consists of two retreats and two cottages, all are situated in amongst the vines of Stonewell Vineyards, our 103 acre property overlooking a picturesque, private lake. We can accommodate a total of 10 guests.
Haven Spa Retreats - is one cottage that contains 2 self contained retreats (Haven Spa Retreat 1 & Haven Spa Retreat 2), each with private facilities. Each retreat has 1 x queen bed. Max occupancy is 2 adults in each retreat.
Hideaway Cottage - is a 2 bedroom cottage with 2 x king beds or 1 x king bed + 2 x single beds. Max occupancy is 4 adults
Cupids Cottage - is a 1 bedroom cottage with 1 x king bed. Max occupancy is 2 adults
Just a short drive from Tanunda, our property is a tranquil world away from stress and hectic schedules, the ideal place to escape and rejuvenate. Sleep amid the vines, wake up to a long, lazy breakfast to the serenade of the birds. Unwind in your candlelit spa, de-stress with an indulgent in-room massage. Feed the friendly ducks, take a row to the island gazebo, throw in a fishing line, enjoy a picnic in the summer house, or take a bike ride along the vine lined country roads. Dine alfresco in your private garden courtyard with a gourmet regional food platter delivered to your cottage. Sip a wine made from the vines surrounding your cottage and watch the sunset over the water. The best of the Barossa is on your doorstep with nearby historic wineries, boutique cellar doors, gourmet stores and restaurants, awaiting your discovery.
The retreats and cottages all feature the following:
- vineyard, lake and garden views from all windows
- romantic candlelit 2 person spa
- cosy wood fire with wood supplied
- private garden courtyard with barbeque, sun lounges, outdoor setting
- fluffy white bathrobes and quality toiletries
- lounge room with macro suede lounges, lcd tv, dvd player, ipod dock, selection of dvds, books and magazines
- reverse cycle air-conditioning for heating and cooling
- stylish, well equipped kitchens with granite bench tops, Miele electric cooktop, microwave, full size fridge, dishwasher, coffee machine, all pots and pans and kitchen utensils (oven in Hideaway and Cupids only)
- laundry facilities with washer/dryer (in Hideaway and Cupids only)
Generous continental and cooked breakfast provisions using local Barossa produce are supplied in your cottage for your whole stay, including fresh bakery bread, homemade jams, traditional smoked bacon, free range eggs, tomatoes, cereals, orange juice, milk, butter, vegemite, yoghurts, pancake mix, maple syrup, fruit, selection of teas, herbal teas, Barossa Coffee Roasters coffee, Scullery Made Barossa Breakfast blend tea
Other complimentary inclusions:
- Barossa Decadence chocolates, homemade biscuits, a decanter of Peter Lehmann port
- plus 1 bottle of Barossa wine for stays of 2nts or more
In-room massage, Gourmet food platters, Flowers, Bike hire
You can choose to add any of these extras when making your booking.
- row boats on the lake available for guests use at any time
- fishing rods and yabbie nets available
- gourmet regional food platters available
- bike hire available with bikes delivered to your cottage
- in-room massage or spa treatments available in the privacy of your own cottage
- central location - short drive to nearby wineries, restaurants, gourmet stores, cafes, shops and markets
- 1km from the start of the famous palm lined Seppeltsfield Road, scenic tourist drive with over 10 boutique wineries and cellar doors
- premium dining at Appellation restaurant(1.5km) with further dining options available in Tanunda(3km)
- gourmet produce, tastings and cooking demonstrations at Maggie Beers Farm shop (4km)
- Barossa Farmers Market (every Saturday morning, 8km)
- 3km to Tanunda, with shops, museums, galleries, cafes, restaurants, supermarket.
- 10km to Tanunda Pines Golf course
- 15km to Kaiserstuhl conservation park for hiking, wildlife
CHILDREN POLICY: Our aim is to provide a peaceful escape for couples only. Stonewell Cottages is NOT a family holiday destination. Children & infants strictly not permitted in Haven Spa Retreats & Cupids. By special request at time of booking children can be accommodated in Hideaway only. Infants less that 12mths of age at time of stay charged @ $25/nt (cot provided) Children 12yrs and older at time of stay charged @ full adult rate. (Children older than12mths and younger than 12yrs at the time of stay cannot be accommodated) You must contact us by ph/email to request this prior to proceeding with a booking. Visitors of paying guests are not permitted to bring their children onsite.
EXTRA GUESTS: No extra guests permitted, there are no sofa beds or extra roll-away beds available. Rate for Hideaway is for 1 couple with use of 1 bedroom. A $25/nt surcharge applies for use of both bedrooms for 1 couple or 2 single people. Two, three and four person rates apply for the Hideaway and must be booked accordingly before arrival.
WEEKEND BOOKING POLICY: Saturday night must be booked as a minimum 2 night stay together with either Fri or Sun night; a minimum 3 night stay is required on all long weekends.
CHECK-IN PROCEDURE: The cottages are located 3km out of Tanunda in the regional area of Stone Well. Arrival from 3pm onwards. There is no onsite reception - guests must phone Stonewell Cottages 24 hours prior to arrival to obtain personal door security code to access the cottage. Guests will be required to provide credit card details as security. There are no land-line phones in the cottages. We advise you to bring your mobile/cell phone.
- Bike hire available
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Gourmet regional food platters available
- In room massage available
- Ironing Facilities
- LCD TV, selection of DVDs provided
- Linen Supplied
- Private BBQ facilities, outdoor setting & sunlounges at each cottage
- Spa Bath
- Stereo with ipod dock
- Towels Supplied
- Vineyard lakeside setting, row boats available for guest use
- Washer/dryer Hideaway & Cupids
- Wood combustion fire
Rates displayed in the calendar and rates table are per night rates based on 2 adults staying in the Haven Spa Retreat. Last Min discount does not apply to Fri, Sat & Sun nts. Sat nt must be booked as a min 2nt stay with either Fri or Sun nt. Long weekends require a min 3nt stay.
Stay before 30 May 2013 for 10% off.
MAD MAY! Save 10% on stays in the Haven Spa Retreats during May. Plus free early check-in and free late check-out (subject to availability) You'd be mad to miss this! Valid for direct online bookings. To unlock this deal use Promo Code: MADMAYTAKEOFF10. Discount does not apply to Special Packages.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 5 beds and can sleep a maximum 10 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.