Million Dollar Mountain Views await you from this modern designer home located in the historic township of Wandiligong, (5 Mins from Bright) 3.5 hours North East of Melbourne, at the foot of the Victorian Alps and Australia's premier ski resorts. The Evening Star with its decadent design encapsulates the stunning surrounds allowing a view from every room.
This property won the 2009 award for "Best Luxury Accommodation in Victoria".
This stylish retreat boasts views to die for, bucket loads of sunshine, chic glamour and breezy barefoot living that'll wash off the 9-5 in seconds.
This little bit of paradise in the mountains, is a hop skip and a jump to the Regions finest Wineries and Ski Fields, with Devonshire teas, Antiques.
Fishing, bike tracks and historical Walks right at your doorstep.
Sit back on the huge elevated deck and watch the action of the Paragliders & Hang Gliders ton a nearby mountain or take in the serenity and listen to the
Cook up a storm in the gourmet kitchen or indulge in some of the finest food
the region has to offer at nearby award winning restaurants and cafes, such as Simone's Bright, which features in The Age Good Food Guide 2008.
Stargazing at night is a must, you will not be disappointed!
All this and Bright is only a pleasant 5 minute drive away.
The Evening Star provides 1 x king size bed in the master bedroom (boasting magnificent mountain views) and 1 x queen bed in the second bedroom. The property has two modern bathrooms making it ideal for one or two couples.
All towels & Fresh Linen provided.
Check in 3:00pm
Check out 10:00am
Strictly NO CHILDREN UNDER 10
Strictly NO PETS
NO SMOKING indoors
No Parties, Weddings or functions without consent of owners and property manager.
Minimum two night stay
Christmas / New Year 1 week
Long Weekends 3-4 nights
Prices are per couple per night for master bedroom. Use of second bedroom and second bathroom for extra adults is $60 per night.
The Perfect Gift for Someone - Gift Vouchers Now Available
"From the moment we set foot inside we realised the "Million Dollar Mountain Views" was an understatement. This place is truly priceless. An amazing place that provided us with all the essentials to relax, unwind, appreciate wildlife and nature. Just magical!!"
Mark & Suzi.
"Thank you for providing such a magical place. The balcony is ideal for inspiration, thought and perspective. I came here to getaway; to make the world stop. I achieved much more than a holiday. I feel inspired, energised and ready to start anew. The stars were spectacular, the ambience calming. Your home helps to influence all of natures wonder into whoever visits. Thank you."
"Our stay was one of the best experiences in a very long time.
Great location, quiet, immaculate and the owners seemed to think of everything.
We have already recommended The Evening Star to many of our friends even though we would rather keep it a secret. "
"The Evening Star was everything we expected and more, very stylish, warm and every comfort is catered for. The serenity and beautiful views made our two days seem like more. We have been going to Bright for forty years and didnt know this valley existed. Very special house and location! Patricia and Rob, August 07"
Patricia & Robert, SA
"we loved it! Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in a very peaceful & tranquil setting-the decking is terrific".
"Awesome house & wonderful peaceful energy-what a treat!"
Cookie, Brian & Kari, USA
"Thank you for letting my family stay in your beautiful house. We could not have wished for anything more perfect. The city stress melted from our shoulders as we sat on your decking. We loved the house design; we kept wondering how we could have a holiday house just like it!!! We hope we can come again."
"Such a lovely retreat, you have thought of everything. The showerhead is legendary! A great stay to end our honeymoon."
Niki, Melbourne, Vic.
"We had a delightful stay in Wandi. Loved the house, the views, and the stars. Looking forward to our next stay."
Gabrielle and Alistair, Vic
"From opening the front door of The Evening Star I felt instantly at home. The place manages to provide first class, contemporary accommodation with a cosy, welcoming feel. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return some time soon. "
"The house was fantastic, comfortable and clean. You certainly couldn't improve the views, they were amazing.
Thank you for the experience to enjoy your luxurious house and surroundings".
Julie, Feb '07.
"Great house, best equipped self-contained accomodation we have encountered. Thanks for having us."
Bernadette & Nicholas August '06
"The house design is fab, with all our needs catered for. Loved the espresso machine & deck! It's the perfect place for stressed people to relax. Thanks for thinking of everything."
Lynda & Craig
Sydney Nov '06
5 Things that you MUST do while staying here:
1. Visit Mount Buffalo national park. It is a half hour drive, and visually spectacular. You must do a walk, and see what the world looks like from this amazing rock formation. Take a swim in the pure granite swimming holes or hire a canoe on lake Catani.
2. Have a coffee or lunch at the Wandi Maze. It is a 5 minute walk from the house through the historic diggings. This is the largest living hedge maze in Australia, and the gardens surrounding the cafe are sooooooo relaxing. Try a piece of the enormous delicious passionfruit sponge cake!
3. Have dinner at Simone's restaurant in Bright. The restaurant is award winning and is located in a beautiful historic house right in town.
The cuisine is to die for!
Especially the chocolate plate for dessert.
4. At night under a clear starry sky, you simply must stargaze from the deck of The Evening Star. The deck has been designed so that you are immersed beneath a truly spectacular night sky. There are no streetlights that will affect your experience with unwanted light. Once you stand on that deck at night and take in the beauty of the sky up here, you'll want to sleep all day just to have enough energy to do it all again the next night.
5. Go for a day trip to up to Mount Hotham and Dinner Plain. On the way up to Mount Hotham you could stop off and walk across the Razorback to Mount Feathertop. The views and sense of space from up there are truly mind blowing. If you are feeling extravagant after this call in to the Dinner Plain Day Spa for a massage or dip in the Japanese inspired Onsen, or just kick back in the pub and have lunch or an ale. However if you just feel like hanging around Wandi and a massage at The Evening Star would cap off a relaxing day, just call Cherie and she will arrange for a qualified masseur be there.
There is so much to do and see you'll need a whole week!
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- 2 Bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Clothes dryer
- Coffee Pods provided
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Espresso Machine
- Gas Log Fire Place
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- King Size Bed
- Large Plasma TV
- Linen Supplied
- Spa Bath
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
Check for our midweek specials in August and September.
Stay before 01 Jun 2013 for 20% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 2 beds and can sleep a maximum 4 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
The Evening Star
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.