Monkey Place Country House is surrounded by award winning cellar doors, minutes from great restaurants and all the Hunter Valley has to offer.
Monkey Place Country House is a huge, fully self contained sandstone house, nestled on 6 private acres, with a huge wrap around verandah facing out onto the native gardens teeming with birdlife. The surrounds also include large rose and lavender gardens, which fill the air with perfume. Monkey Place is situated next to the Wollombi brook and surrounded by the brokenback mountain ranges and the wonderful vineyards of the Hunter Valley.
The house was built from reclaimed materials. The stone came from varied sources including an old railway hut in Singleton, the footings from the old lyric theatre and even old curb and guttering from original streets. The big pieces of timber came from the old Dunnolly Bridge in Singleton and the huge piece outside the front door was taken from an old Sydney wharf. The internal cedar doors and leadlight windows have had former lives which combine to give the house a rustic charm.
Monkey Place is a unique house that will make you relax. Its the perfect Hunter Valley accommodation for celebrating a special occasion or just to get a group together under the one roof. The house is wrapped by a wide verandah overlooking the extensive gardens. There is also a sprawling pool deck area, complete with a separate outdoor spa. We have airconditioning and ceiling fans for the hotter months and a woodfire for when it gets cooler.
Monkey Place has 4 huge bedrooms with queen size beds, plus 2 wooden king single double bunk beds, and a comfortable queen sofa bed sleeping a total of 12-14 very comfortably. It has two bathrooms and a separate toilet.
All our beds are made up with fresh crisp white linen,with big white fluffy towels and there are plenty of extra blankets and pillows. Enjoy the complimentary chocolate and our local hand made organic soap. Just make sure you eat the right one! Put your feet up, relax and let Monkey Place look after you.
Monkey Place is crafted from stone and massive bridge timbers with lovely old coloured glass, warm wool curtains and Australian Red Cedar doors. Walk in, sense the space and marvel at the beauty. Monkey Place is sensational. Cosy earth colours and natural materials inside, wraparound verandahs outside for viewing the birds, trees, mountain ranges and the spectacular Yellow Rock.
There are 4 bedrooms with beautiful queen sized wrought iron beds made up with white cotton linen, pillows, woolly blankets and quilts. The separate sitting room has 2 KING single double bunk beds, a sofabed and a cot, it is a great space for children. Each bedroom has carpet, wool curtains, old wooden furniture and fluffy white cotton bath towels.
WEEKEND RATES (2 nights) (Thu-Fri or Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun)
* The nightly weekend rate for up to 6 guests is $685 per night (2 night minimum).
* Extra adult guests are charged at $95 per person per night.
* Children are charge $60 per child (2 years to 13 years).
* Infants under 2 are free.
Midweek bookings are available. Please contact us for a quote.
* One night bookings attract a surcharge and are subject to availability.
WEEKLY RATES AND LONGER STAYS
* Discounts are available on stays of 5 nights and over, please contact us for a quote.
* A deposit of 50% of the total rate is required by credit card to secure the booking. A $300 holding deposit can hold the property for 14 days if you need to collect payment from other guests.
* The outstanding balance is due 14 days before your arrival date.
* The guest responsible for the booking must register with Events in the Vines, by phoning the office, at least 24hrs before check in, to provide their credit card details, which may be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to): telephone charges on the house landline, any breakages or damage incurred during your stay, or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
* Weekend Public Holiday, Easter, Christmas and New Year bookings must be for a minimum of 8 or more guests and are a minimum 3 night stay at full weekend rate.
* Concert weekends must be a minimum of 8 or more guest.
Airconditioning, Swimming Pool, Washing Machine
- Clothes dryer
- Conference Facilities
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD library
- DVD player
- Extra fridge
- Free Broadband internet
- Free WiFi
- Heated Spa (not spa bath)
- High chair
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Pay Television
- Spa Bath
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Wood Heater
Weekend rate for up to 6 guests is $685 per night (2 night minimum) Extra adult guests - $95 pp pn. Children- $60 pn (2 to13 years). Infants under 2 free. Weekend Public Holiday, Easter, Christmas, New Year bookings (3 nights only) & Concert Weekends must be for a minimum of 8 or more guests
Stay before 04 Jul 2013 for 10% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 9 beds and can sleep a maximum 14 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Monkey Place Country House
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.