Mel Vedere Holiday House is a neat & tidy 2/3 bedroom home which comfortably accommodates 6 people (max 4 Adults). The property offers great value for the budget conscious family looking for holiday accommodation in popular Shellharbour.
Property features include :-
- Main bedroom with x1 queen bed
- Second bedroom with x1 double bed
- Open room off loungeroom with x2 single beds
- New Kitchen (Nov 2010) with fridge & microwave
- Tiled dining area off kitchen leading to loungeroom
- Sunny loungeroom with TV, stereo & DVD player
- Enclosed yard
- BBQ area with open fire BBQ & outdoor setting
- Off street parking
* sorry but we are unable to accommodate last minute booking
* bookings must be made & payments must be received 7 days prior to arrival
* guests need to bring their own linen
- Min stay 3 nights $480
- School holiday bookings min stay 7 nights
- School holiday bookings run Saturday to Saturday
- Refer to our rates and 7 night specials at bottom of page
- Rates are based on 2 Adults & 2 children OR 3 Adults
Shellharbour is located on the South Coast of NSW.
GETTING THERE .... by car Shellharbour is approximately 1.5 hours south of Sydney & about 2.5 hours from Canberra. You can also get to there by coach or train. The nearest train station is Dunmore (Shellharbour) or Albion Park Rail.
MEL VEDERE is located in Addison Street which runs through the heart of the local village. This handy location offers a great number of things to see and do on foot.
The property is conveniently located in beautiful Shellharbour Village making the beach, harbour, shops, cafes & restaurants all within walking distance.
Just down the road is the local village.It is lined with trendy cafes, boutique specialty shops, an ice-creamery, general store, bakery, butcher, beauty salon etc. The Village offers a variety of fine dining restaurants with extensive menus from Seafood, Thai, Chinese, Italian & Indian just to name a few. Enjoy the friendly village atmosphere. About a 5 minute walk.
As you stroll along for another 5 minutes you will reach the harbour foreshore. It is one of the main attractions of Shellharbour. There is a picnic area & park along the water front which is a great little spot to have enjoy some fish and chip, have a picnic or relax under a tree. For the kids this area offers hours of fun ... theres a great playground, wharf to fish from, pelican watching, bike riding, swimming at either the beach or one of the two salt water rock pools.
The boat ramp is a 2 minute drive, making it handy for the fishermen or boating enthusiasts.
The local pub sits right at the end of Addison Street. It is a popular place for both locals and visitors. Have a drink and enjoy a meal on the balcony - it offers a fabulous view over the harbour.
Across the road from Mel Vedere is a huge park for the kids to run around, fly a kite or kick a ball. There is even a skateboard ramp. The Golf course which is only a 5 minute walk boasts a challenging round of golf for the golf enthusiasts.
Shellharbour Workers Club is also within walking distance. This is a great place for a night out - dancing, watching a live band or playing the pokies. Approx 5 minute walk.
Attractions & Activities
Here is a list of some of the many attractions to visit and activities to do in and around Shellharbour.
The KIDS will enjoy .....
- ten pin bowling
- bike riding
- a fun filled day at Jamberoo Recreation Park
For the FAMILY there are ......
- a number of picnic grounds and parks with BBQ facilities
- two local beaches
- rock pools within walking distance
For the LADIES, Shellharbour offers great shopping and its also a great place to relax & unwind.......
- visit a local hair salon
- treat yourself to a local Day Spa
- pamper yourself at one of many beauty salons
- Shellharbour Village has a wide selection of stores from crafts to fancy boutiques
- Stockland Shopping Centre is only a 5 minute drive away
For the GUYS, the options are endless ......
- Fishing - on the beach, off the wharf, rock fishing or deep sea fishing
- Surfing in clean, unspoilt beaches stretching along 20km of coastline
- A round of golf at the Links Shellh Cove Golf Course
- Scuba Diving & snorkelling at Bushranger's Bay Marine Aquatic Reserve & Bass Point
BEACHES - there are 2 local beaches , only about a 2 minute drive away. They are a must to visit !!
> South beach - less crowded & also a great place to swim
> North beach - great place for swimming & surfing as the beach is patrolled during the holidays
DAY TRIPS - from Shellharbour take a scenic drive and ....
> Head south to Kiama & visit the popular Blowhole (10 mins)
> Enjoy a day in Gerringong/Gerroa (20-30 min drive)
> Visit historical Berry (30-40mins)
> Visit Lake Illawarra and its many beaches & parks
> Spend a day at Minnamurra Falls
> Spend a day in the town of Kangaroo Valley (1.5 hours)
> Head north to the city of Wollongong (20 min drive)
> Visit the little coast towns of Bulli, Thirroul & Austinmer (40-60min drive)
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Enclosed Yard
- Ironing Facilities
- New kitchen - well equipped
- Off street parking
- Oil heater
- Outdoor table & chairs
- Sunny & spacious loungeroom
JAN 7nights $799 FEB 7nights $690 MAR 7nights $590 Easter Holidays min 7night stay $680 MAY/JUN/JUL/AUG 7nights $570 SEP 7nights $590 OCT 7nights $640 NOV/DEC 7nights $690 XMAS min stay 7 nights $799 Rates based on 2Adults & 2children OR 3 Adults
** 7 NIGHT STAY ** Easter Holidays $680 .... Winter $570 ... Sept $590 ... Oct $640 ... Nov $650 ... Dec 2013 $799 ... Jan$799. Rates based on 2 Adults & 2 children OR 3 Adults. Contact owner for all terms & conditions
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 3 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Mel Vedere Holiday House
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.