Dreamcatcher Lodge is located high on a ridge, with a spectacular outlook over an ever-changing valley, and offers a unique rural bed and breakfast experience.
Purpose built in western red cedar on 7.5 acres, Dreamcatcher Lodge is located on the old Hume Highway between Picton and Tahmoor, less than one hour's drive on the M5 from Sydney Airport. We offer luxury ensuite accommodation in either one of two queen size spa rooms in the Lodge or in the privacy of Blue Wren Cottage, a two bedroom self-contained cottage.
Open fires, birdsong, homemade afternoon tea or supper on arrival, sumptuous breakfasts, port and chocolates before bed, fluffy bathrobes, designer bedlinen, double spas, candles and bubbles.
Sound good? Just what you need to relax and unwind? We look forward to meeting you and sharing our beautiful 'space' with you.
Dreamcatcher Lodge has two luxury B & B ensuite queen rooms and Blue Wren Cottage is a self-contained two bedroom cottage with ensuites and double spas in each bedroom (sleeps 4-6).
Dreamcatcher Lodge quest rooms both have ensuites with double hydrotherapy spas and separate showers and include ceiling fans, TV/DVD/CD players, hair dryers, heated bathroom floors and towel racks, electric blankets, bathrobes and quality toiletries.
The Asian room is luxurious and calming with chocolate, red and gold engendering a sensation of opulence and peace being decorated with an eclectic mix of oriental furniture and artifacts collected on overseas travel.
The Pacific Room is decorated with the Pacific Island artifacts and the golden sand carpet, green pebble bathroom, decadent palm leaf fan and subtle greens and browns provide a cool, relaxing environment to 'chill out' and unwind.
Each room has a balcony with spectacular views and there is a dedicated Guest Lounge with wood fire, coffee, tea, juice, soft drink and home-cooking as well as games, DVDs, CDs, books and magazines. The Lounge opens onto a deck and the garden including a pond with goldfish and waterlilies!
BLUE WREN COTTAGE is an Australiana 2 bedroom self-contained cottage (sleeps 4-6) available as individual rooms or you are welcome to book the whole cottage. Each bedroom has a double spa and ensuite within the room, french doors opening to the balcony, ceiling fan and heated bathroom floors.
The Homestead Room has a queen bed, antique furniture and befits the romance of the era with crystal and lace - our most popular choice for weddings.
The Rustic Room has two singles or a king size bed and harks back to the era of hurricane lanterns, rusty corrugated iron and handcrafted timber. The ensuite and double spa is under a bushy lean to with a billabong-type water feature.
The shared lounge has a double sofa bed, TV, DVD, CD player and dining table for four and has a selection CDs, DVDs, books, magazines and games. French doors open to a large, shady verandah with rocking chair, outdoor setting and a spectacular outlook - you can see the alpacas and goats in the paddock in front or watch the skydivers come to earth in the distance.
The kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, fridge, oven and 4 burner gas stove, microwave and cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment. Your choice of gourmet breakfast is served in The Lodge at a time to suit you and wherever possible local produce is used.
We offer two levels of accomodation, STANDARD & LUXURY.....
Standard: Basic room rate – all rooms include ensuites with double spa, refrigerator, coffee and tea making facilities, quality toiletries, king towels, hair dryer, TV/DVD/CD player, continental breakfast in the Lodge.
Asian & Pacific rooms $200 per night Sun-Thurs $240 Fri & Sat.
The Loft $230 per night Sun-Thurs $260 Fri & Sat.
Blue Wren Cottage in either the Homestead or Rustic rooms $240 per night Sun-Thurs $280 Fri & Sat. Special rate for both rooms if 2 couples travelling together.
Luxury: Luxury rate includes everything in the Standard rate as well as home-made afternoon tea upon arrival, complimentary soft drink and fruit juice in your fridge, chocolates and port before retiring and bathrobes plus a choice of full cooked breakfast at a time of your choice in the Lodge.
Asian & Pacific rooms $240 per night Sun-Thurs $260 Fri & Sat.
The Loft $270 per night Sun-Thurs $290 Fri & Sat.
Blue Wren Cottage in either the Homestead or Rustic rooms $280 per night Sun-Thurs $300 Fri & Sat. Special rate for both rooms if 2 couples travelling together.
Thing to do
Dreamcatcher Lodge is the perfect base for exploring the Macarthur, Camden, Wollondilly and Southern Highlands areas. Only twenty minutes to everywhere and there is just so much to offer ....
While you are here you might enjoy a CHEESE MAKING or HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH BREAD MAKING WORKSHOP. These are conducted in-house for a minimum 2 to maximum 6 people. Full details are available on request.
For the adventurous
* Balloon Aloft - the magic of a hot air balloon ride at Camden, 20 mins away - combine a flight with our Romantic Package.
* Mowbray Park - horse-riding on a country estate, 10 mins away
* Picton Go-karts - only 10 mins away
* Sydney Skydiving - just 10 mins away at Wilton
For the history buffs -
* Belgenny Farm
* Liz Vincent Ghost Tours - a variety of Ghost Tours in Historic Picton
* Thirlmere Rail Heritage Centre - the home of the Southern Aurora and 3801 ... steam train rides on weekends, only 10 mins away
* Wollondilly Heritage Centre - a collection of Wollondilly Shire's history
* The Mushroom Tunnel
* Antique shops in Camden, Berrima Village, Mittagong and Bowral all only 20-30 minutes away ...
For the gourmet
* Cellar door wine-tastings - ask us about a winery tour
* Local Farmgate produce is available from Dreamcatcher Lodge - jams, honey, olives, fruit & vegies, fruit juice, pecans, local organic cheeses, yoghurt and cream etc.
* An historic brewery - sit outside the George IV and enjoy a locally made pilsener
* Excellent restaurants, historic pubs and cafes or ask Kathy & Greg to prepare delicious, fresh local produce for your dinner.
* A multitude of country markets ...
For the nature lover
* Mt Annan Botanical Gardens
* Thirlmere Lakes National Park - lovely lakes and picnic area
* Burragorang State Conservation Area - bushwalking and scenery
* Wirrimbirra Sanctuary - home of the white waratah
* The Dingo Sanctuary
For that special function
* Country Weddings, Anniversaries, Milestone Birthdays, Christenings and Corporate Functions - Wollondilly Shire has a range of function centres offering a wide variety of venues or maybe you would like to consider Dreamcatcher Lodge as a venue for your special occasion.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- Close to Transport
- Clothes dryer
- Conference Facilities
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Farm Animals
- Hair dryer
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Local Produce
- Open Fireplace
- Rural Views
- Spa Bath
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
Standard pricing covers accommodation in a queen bedroom with ensuite & double spa baths, tea & coffee making facilities in the room,TV DVD & CD player, fluffy towels, and continental breakfast. The Loft, Homestead & Rustic rooms are $40 extra due to extra space & privacy
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 8 beds and can sleep a maximum 15 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Dreamcatcher Lodge B & B
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.