Spoil yourself in our brand new self-contained three and one bedroom seaside cottages each with ocean views, surrounded by guaranteed wildlife.
Set on 80 acres bordering one of Kangaroo Islands most beautiful beaches, directly behind the cliffs of Stokes Bay beach with no roads in between.
Waves and wildlife boasts everything you imagine Kangaroo Island to be.
- enjoy swimming in the safe rock pool, surf or body surf in the waves or sun bathe all on one beautiful white sandy beach in front you
- experience the fishing either off the beach or use the boat ramp to launch into the deep waters to go for the big ones or local crayfish
- feel yourself amongst the wild guaranteed abundant kangaroos and wallabies every dusk and morning and occasional dolphin pods, wedge tail eagles, glossy blacks cockatoos, koalas, goannas, echidnas and more
- simply relax in the cottages or take advantage of the huge balcony each cottage has and enjoy the serenity, sunsets, sunrises and ocean breezes
- base yourself comfortably as this is a very central location to all other attractions on the island
Each cottage is fully self contained and features:
- Brand new. Construction completed September 2006
- Kitchen, dining rooms and balcony have sea views and views over the wetland
- Large Cottages have three bedrooms which sleep 6 comfortably (1 Queen, 1 double and 2 x singles)
- Small Cottages have one bedroom (1 x Queen and 1 x fold out single for child is possible)
- Bathroom and toilet
- Gas heating
- Open plan living incorporating the front spacious decking which is complete with outdoor settings
- Kitchen with fridge, oven, hotplate, microwave, crockery, pots and pans etc.
- TV DVD/CD, video, radio and selection of DVD's, CD's, books and games
- Free Satellite TV (Aurora)
- Decorated throughout with new and modern furniture.
- All linen and towels provided (except beach towels)
- Ceiling fans
THE PROPERTY AND SURROUNDS
The cottages are set on 80 acres behind the cliff directly surrounding Stokes Bay Beach with no roads in between
Much of the property remains natural bush land which is home to large mobs of the Kangaroo Island Kangaroo which graze around the cottages every evening.
Behind the cottages there is a wetland to provide a drinking hole for Kangaroos and Wallabies and is a habitat for native duck species
SURROUNDING WAVES AND WILDLIFE
Stokes Bay Beach
Bordering Waves and Wildlife is one of South Australia's best beaches - Stokes Bay beach. This beach is accessed through a rock tunnel. Once you stroll onto this beach you will find immediately a natural rock pool which is safe swimming for children of all ages. The ocean next to the rockpool is ideal for surfing, body surfing and fishing.
Lathami National Park
The neighbouring Lathami National Park is a breeding ground for the rare Glossy Black Cockatoo.
- Stokes Restaurant, approx 1km up the hill offers fine dining featuring local produce, (bookings only)
- Rockpool Cafe at Stokes Bay Beach has a menu of fish, chips, salads and pastas, fully licensed (seasonal opening times)
Other things to do close to Stokes Bay with 5 minute drive:
- Pauls Place
- Stokes Bay Bush Garden photo
- Rare Breeds Farm photo
- Other beautiful beaches including Snelling, Western River, Emu Bay and others
Other Kangaroo Island Attractions:
- Little Sahara
- Seal Bay
- Kelly Hill Caves
- Flinders Chase National Park including?
- Admirals Arch
- Remarkable Rocks photo of one
- Island Pure Sheep Dairy
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Island Beehive
- Cliffords Honey Farm
- A Maze "N"
- Fishing Charters
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Linen Supplied
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Waves and Wildlife Cottages
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.