If it’s a holiday on the beach with family or friends you’re after, Beachside is a large Port Douglas beach house ideally located to explore the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Atherton Tablelands and other parts of Tropical North Queensland (TNQ).
Beachside is a large house and granny flat on 1,100 sqm of private land just a 1 minute walk from the world famous Four Mile Beach and offers an environment in which to relax and enjoy everything that TNQ has to offer.
The superior level of furnishings, fittings and fixtures and generous personal space ensures Beachside is fully set up for your total comfort and enjoyment for either a short stay or an extended holiday, especially for larger groups.
Our very competitive rates, with generous seasonal and length of stay discounts, provide a fantastic yet affordable option for larger families and groups (up to 13) to enjoy one of the world’s best holiday destinations.
Our goal is to make you feel like you are totally at home so you can relax and enjoy the down-time you so richly deserve.
We hope to welcome you to Beachside, Port Douglas very soon.
Christine & Allen
Location & Property
• 1 minute walk to Four Mile Beach
• Close to Port Douglas, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Atherton Tablelands, golf courses, shopping, restaurants and much more
• Private house on 1,100 sqm of land in a quiet cul-de-sac backing onto a creek
• Fully equipped with quality furnishings, fixtures and fittings
• 5 air-conditioned bedrooms (sleeps up to 13) and 3 bathrooms (one en-suite)
• Indoor and outdoor gourmet cooking, dining and entertaining
• Extensive entertainment and communication facilities including two large Plasma TVs, Satellite TV, DVD and wireless broadband internet
• Separate kitchenette, lounge, dining, TV, DVD, radio in the granny flat
• Large grounds include private heated pool, under cover patio & dining, BBQs, lawns and tropical gardens
• Lock up garage and off-street parking
• Best value for money in Port Douglas plus attractive discounts (up to 40%) for low season and / or longer term rentals
Complimentary Services & Facilities
• Transport and tour advice and bookings prior to or during your stay
• Comprehensive suggested itineraries and self-guided tours
• Early and / or late check in and check out (whenever possible)
• Luggage storage before and / or after your check in / out (if required)
• “Meet and Greet” to settle you into your accommodation on arrival
• Bottle of “bubbles”, tropical fruit bowl and fresh flowers on arrival
• All bedding, linen, bath towels and pool / beach towels (changed weekly)
• Power and gas (including for the BBQs)
• Local phone calls
• Wireless broadband internet (1gb download per week)
• Austar Satellite TV (Starter Pack & Sports Pack)
• Extensive library of DVDs, games and books
• Pool / beach toys
• Esky / cooler for picnics / drinks
• Selection of bathroom amenities, tea, coffee (ground and instant), condiments (pepper, salt, olive oil, flour, etc), cleaning powders and liquids and other essential supplies to last your entire stay (not just one or two nights)
Pre-Arrival Shopping Service
We know what its like to come half way around the world, and / or with small children in tow, and arrive at your destination tired and unfamiliar with the local shopping and restaurants. All you want to do is to get fed and get settled (and / or to bed).
Therefore we offer a shopping service so when you arrive you will have all the supplies and fresh ingredients you pre-ordered, ready to cook a quick meal, have a few drinks and nibbles and / or be ready for breakfast the next morning without having to worry about running to the shops or restaurants.
We are fussy about quality and value and know the best places to shop. We charge a nominal fixed fee, plus the cost of the supplies, for this service.
Set on a very private and spacious property in a quiet, safe cul-de-sac encompassing extensive lawns and tropical gardens, Beachside is just a 1 minute walk to the sands of Four Mile Beach and less than 5 minutes drive (or local bus) from the village centre and boating marina.
Also close by (within 10 minutes walk) are 2 championship golf courses, various casual and fine dining restaurants, The Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary and two local shopping complexes (including a supermarket, chemist, medical centre, dentist, video hire, cafes, liquor stores and dine-in and take away food outlets). Click here for location details.
With 1,100 square metres of private indoor and outdoor living areas, Beachside has ample space, peace and privacy. It’s a very comfortable environment for larger families or groups of friends to enjoy beachside tropical living.
Beachside is fully furnished with quality furniture, fittings and fixtures throughout. All bedrooms are air-conditioned. Ceiling fans and glass louvre windows with insect screens throughout allow for total comfort control, no matter what your preference.
Beachside is also child and baby friendly. We provide many DVDs, games and books suitable for children of all ages and provide a port-a-cot and high chair for guest use.
Living Areas (Lounge / Dining)
The main living area is an open plan gourmet kitchen, dining and lounge / entertaining area.
The open lounge has a comfortable lounge setting, coffee tables and entertainment unit. This includes a 108cm (42”) plasma TV, DVD player and a stereo sound system and AM/FM radio. Austar (pay TV) is installed as is wireless (and wired) broadband internet for your enjoyment and convenience (bring your own laptop, there is no PC on-site).
The indoor timber top dining suite seats 8 in comfort overlooking the pool and tropical gardens.
The lounge opens onto a cool covered patio with gas and Weber BBQs, a separate dining / entertaining area (seating 8) and a fantastic setting amongst lawns and lush tropical and native gardens.
The gourmet kitchen includes hotplates with range-hood, electric and microwave ovens, a large 2-door refrigerator with ice and water dispenser, a second full size drinks fridge / freezer, a dishwasher and all appliances, cutlery, crockery and glassware.
There is even a blender to whip up a tropical cocktail, a juice extractor, a toasted sandwich maker and a coffee machine ready to serve a great brew 24 hours a day.
The granny flat also has a kitchenette with microwave oven, kettle, toaster, bar fridge, sink and crockery etc.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The main residence has 3 large bedrooms, one with its own private en-suite bathroom, and a second bathroom (with separate toilet). The bedrooms are disposed as queen, queen and a double king-single (can be made up as two king singles or another king). One of the bedrooms is large enough to easily accommodate an extra single bed and / or port-a-cot. One of the bedrooms has a digital LCD TV (including Austar).
All bedrooms have wardrobes, side tables and reading lamps.
The separate granny flat is two separate rooms and sleeps up to 4-6 (depending on configuration). This can be set up as 2 double bunks, 4 king singles, or 2 kings. There is also a double sofa bed.
One of the rooms is connected to the kitchenette, the other also has a dining table, digital TV, DVD and CD player.
There is also a separate bathroom with shower and toilet in the granny flat.
All bedrooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
Quality bed linen, bath towels and pool towels are provided.
Private Back Yard
The extensive tropical grounds are very private and include an undercover heated swimming pool, undercover outdoor patio / dining area and gas hotplate and Weber BBQs.
The property has extensive lawns for children to play, for sunbaking or just sitting around and enjoying the tropical gardens and birdlife. Large, spectacular paperbarks (over 100 ft high) provide ample shade from the tropical sun. At the right time of the year there are mangoes and lychees aplenty.
A small creek runs through the back yard and is often filled with small fish, turtles and other marine creatures.
Laundry, Powder Room & Garage
The laundry has a washer, dryer and tub if you need to recycle clothes.
There is a lockup (one car) garage with remote control door and two additional parking bays in the driveway.
Airconditioning, Swimming Pool, Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Free Fixed Line Internet
- Beach towels
- Board Games & DVD library
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Early check in or late check out where possible
- Free Fixed Line Internet
- Free WiFi
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Large private lawns & tropical gardens
- Linen Supplied
- Lock up garage
- Pantry, laundry and bathroom supplies for your full stay
- Pay Television
- Quality bathroom amenities and fluffy white towels
- Spa Bath
- Swimming Pool
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Welcoming bubbles, tropical fruit and flowers
- Wheelchair Access
- Wireless internet access
Prices are for up to 6 guests in the main house. Please note, the minimum nightly charge for use of the Granny Flat is equivalent to the nightly charge for 2 extra guests.
Stay before 02 Jun 2013 for 20% off.
Additional discounts apply for stays of 8+ nights.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 9 beds and can sleep a maximum 13 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Beachside Port Douglas
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.