At Millers Retreat we aim for you to have a stress free holiday, to help keep the kids entertained and the parents relaxed.
Millers Retreat is situated in a very tranquil setting with ever improving landscaping and wonderful views.
We supply hundreds of in house movie's, some Xbox and Wii games and board games for all the family to enjoy.
After a day out in the snow or boating on any of the local dams or exploring Kosciusko National Park, come back to Millers Retreat and relax in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine while hubby cooks up a banquet on the large BBQ on the deck with the kids entertained in the lounge room.
* 2010 state finalist in the Take A Break prestigious accommodation awards.
* Airconditioned - Reverse Cycle. .
* KITCHEN: Brand new fully equipped electric kitchen with microwave, coffee machine etc. Including plates and cutlery etc. Condiments supplied, including - coffee, tea, sugar, milo, salt, pepper, 16 other different spices, bbq, tomato and sweet chilli sauces and mustard. Dish washing liquid supplied.
* DINING ROOM:8 seater solid timber dining suite plus a 6 seater colonial dining suite on the deck.
* LOUNGE ROOM: Very large with combustion wood fire place (fire wood supplied), 2 & 3 seater lounges and 1 x 3 seater fold out sofa bed. Includes 46" Satelite TV/DVD/CD/Video/Xbox/Wii with hundreds of movies and some Xbox, Wii and board games.
* BEDROOM 1: includes 1 queen bed and wardrobe.
* BEDROOM 2: 1 trio bunk (i.e. 1 single & 1 double bed as 1 bunk) and built in wardrobe.
* BEDROOM 3: single bunk beds and built in wardrobe.
* Lounge Room: Fold out double sofa bed.
* Bedding includes pillows, doonas, blankets.
* BYO Bed linen (i.e. sheets & pillow cases) and towels.
* LAUNDRY: washing machine, clothes dryer, iron & ironing board. Washing powder supplied.
* BATHROOM: Includes shower, sink and toilet. Toilet paper supplied and liquid hand soap at the sink.
* PLAYGROUND: Directly across the road.
* BACK DECK: Is 45M2 of covered + 9M2 uncovered outdoor entertaining area with fantastic views, complete with 8 seater heated spa, 7 burner bbq, Outdoor heaters, second fridge and tables and chairs.
* FRONT DECK: 12M2 partially covered deck overlooking pond with waterfall and surrounded by gardens.
Places To Visit and Things To Do
Batlow for apples; Adelong & Kiandra for gold diggings; Yarrangobilly Caves and 27 degrees thermal pool, the Snowy Mountains including Mount Selwyn snowfields, Tumut 3 Power Station, Talbingo Dam, Kosciusko National Park, Bago State Forest, Blue Water Holes, Buddong Falls to name a few.
Fish for rainbow trout, brown trout and redfin on Lakes Talbingo, Blowering or Tantangara or in the numerous creeks and streams running out of the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Murray Cod and other native fish are caught in Blowering Dam. Fishing Rods for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo. Fishing tackle, supplies & bait from either Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Service Station.
Ski and tobogan on Mount Selwyn snow fields. Talbingo is below the snowline although the ski slopes of Mt Selwyn are only 40 minutes away via the Snowy Mountains Highway. Mt Selwyn has 12 ski lifts, Tobogan runs and beginners slopes including a ski school. Some of the best cross country ski tours in Australia are a feature of this area. Check the latest snow report for Mt Selwyn on the net at selwynsnow or from Talbingo Supermarket by 8am every morning during the ski season. Snow Gear for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo and Selwyn Snow & Water at either Mt. Selwyn or Tumut.
WATERSPORTS: Talbingo is surrounded by over 6500 hectres of waterways including, Talbingo Dam, Blowering Dam and Jounama Lake. On Talbingo and Blowering: fishing, water skiing, sailing and swimming during the warmer weather. 5 HP, 4.3 metre motor boats and trailers for hire locally from the tourist park - no licence required. $65.00 full day and $45.00 half day plus PETROL approx. Water sport gear can be hired from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo or Selwyn Snow & Water in Tumut.
SWIMMING: An area near Talbingo Dam has been allocated for swimmers. The views are amazing and the water is nice and clear. This area is just 5-10 minutes from Millers Retreat by car. There are other swimming holes in the local creeks including Jounama Creek.
GOLF & TENNIS: 9 hole golf course ($10 per adult, $4 per 16 year old and under) and two tennis courts for hire available at the Talbingo Country Club - just down the road. Golf & tennis gear can be hired in Talbingo.
BUSHWALKING: Being surrounded by National and State parks there is an abundance of walks available for the avid naturalist.
We have a 4000lt rain water tank that supplies water to the toilet, washing machine and outside back tap. We also use the tank water to refill the spa and the pond. If the tank runs dry the system automatically switches over to the mains water.
Millers Retreat is powered by a 1.5kw solar power system that is connected to the grid and will hopefully supply most of our power needs.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine, Video Games
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Heated Spa (not spa bath)
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Pets allowed
- Slow Combustion Fireplace
- Tennis Courts
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
$40 cleaning fee for stays of only 2 nights applies. NO extra charge to use the spa.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 9 adults. Property has 6 beds and can sleep a maximum 9 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Millers Retreat TALBINGO
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.