CALABASH BAY LODGE IS A BOUTIQUE LUXURY RETREAT FOR THE DISCERNING TRAVELLER in a unique and exemplary water-access only location on the Hawkesbury River. Unlike other destinations further afield, Calabash Bay Lodge offers a quintessential experience of the Australian wilderness and absolute waterfront way of life, yet is only a heartbeat away from the bustling national metropolis of Sydney, only 1 hour to the south. Surrounded by 360 degrees of riverfront national park, the pristine eucalypt bush and 200 million year old Hawkesbury sandstone cliffs that ring Calabash Bay Lodge will seduce you.
* Unique Accommodation Gold Winner at the 2012 Greater Sydney Tourism Awards
* Unique Accommodation Finalist in the NSW Tourism Awards 2012
* 4½ star rating by AAA Tourism for Self-Contained Accommodation
* Virgin Australia's Voyeur Magazine rated us as one of the world’s “51 top luxe experiences” on their 2012 Luxe List
* A top luxury pick in Fairfax's 52 Good Weekends Away list of 2011
* The Weekend Australian rated us in the world's "Top Water Beds" in 2009
• Only 45 minutes north of the Sydney CBD, 1 hour from Sydney Airport
• Sleeps up to 8 in four queen bedrooms, two with private ensuite, additional large bathroom
• Indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones over 3 north-facing levels
• Contemporary international and Australian designer furnishings
• Water views from every room
• Fully self-contained with services available as required
• Absolute waterfront with private moorings
• Water-access only, use of boat included
• Michelin trained Private Chef available for in-house gourmet 3 course lunch or dinner, or 5 or 7 course degustation
• Gourmet Catering available for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Nature-based activities - kayaks & fishing equipment provided, direct access to bush walks.
• Family friendly
CALABASH BAY LODGE OFFERS NORTH-FACING FLOOR TO CEILING VIEWS from every room to a 4km sweep of riverfront that ends at the best address in Berowra Waters, Calabash Point. We have four beautifully-styled double bedrooms - all with access to balconies and water views, and 3 bathrooms, 2 being private ensuites. Our interior-designed indoor and outdoor entertaining and lifestyle zones feature the best of Australian and international design from Coco Republic, Hub, Planet, and Cloth Fabric, and essential modern amenities, including high speed wireless broadband, integrated stereo system, games console, and an HD media centre.
BEING WATER-ACCESS ONLY, Calabash Bay Lodge is a very private and exclusive sanctuary for guests to replenish, rejuvenate and recharge in this magical setting. Naturally, your stay with us includes arrival and departure water taxi transfers from the closest road access point at Berowra Waters, use of a boat and kayaks to explore the river from the property, as well as fishing rods and a crab pot to try your luck at catching dinner. You can also venture further afield by water taxi to the water-access only restaurants like Peat's Bite.
IF YOU'RE CELEBRATING A SPECIAL OCCASION or just feel like treating yourself, we also offer an unparalleled in-house dining experience with a Michelin star trained private chef, and gourmet catering packages. Massage and spa pampering options are also available in-house. If you're honeymooning, babymooning or looking for a deluxe hen's weekend away, we can customise a special weekend itinerary of relaxation for you. We also welcome small group retreats - day catering packages and team-building activities are available.
THE LODGE HAS A SUSTAINABILITY FOCUS, running on GreenPower energy, an eco-friendly septic waste system and is cleaned with chemical-free products, to maintain a low footprint on our pristine natural environment. We support local business and preference Australian suppliers.
WHATEVER THE OCCASION, be it a romantic escape, a weekend getaway with friends or a family reunion, Calabash Bay Lodge is a beautiful place to relax, indulge, and celebrate life. We invite you to share the experience with us.
Very Late Check-out... our exclusive special offering
We think you should make every minute of your valuable weekend away count towards the ultimate in relaxation & indulgence.
That's why ALL our weekend rates include our exclusive Very Late Check-out option - that is, we include 3 nights Friday, Saturday AND Saturday for the advertised Fri+Sat price - so guests can arrive on Friday afternoon & check-out Monday morning. Long Weekends offer the public holiday Monday night with our compliments, so you can stay and enjoy the full day of the public holiday also, and check-out Tuesday morning.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine, Free Fixed Line Internet, Video Games
- 5 mins from Berowra Waters Inn
- All linen, duvets & pillows - with 500 count organic cotton bed-linen, 100% Australian wool underlays for extra snugness and warmth, & luxurious oversized bath sheets
- Clothes dryer
- Complimentary boat transfers on arrival and departure
- Conference Facilities
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Free Fixed Line Internet
- Free WiFi
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Kayaks & fishing equipment provided
- Linen Supplied
- Luxury amenities kit from REN
- Michelin star trained private chef in house dining experiences
- Open Fireplace
- Pay Television
- Pets allowed
- Private pontoon with deepwater mooring - bring your own boat
- Runabout boat provided for exclusive use, as we are water-access only
- Towels Supplied
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- complimentary wireless internet access and Apple computer for checking in with the world
Based on 6 guests staying. Min. 2 night stays only. Up to 8 guests are possible - see opt. extras. Weekend bookings include Fri, Sat & Sun nights for the Fri & Sat price. Fri & Sat nights must always be booked together. Long Weekends include Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon nights. Stays cannot start on Sundays.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 8 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Calabash Bay Lodge
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.