Rated by NineMSN as one of the Top 10 Budget Holiday Houses for Summer. Sorry we do not allow pets.
If you are after somewhere to chill out in peace and quiet after a day of exploring Magnetic Island then Ascot Cottage is just what you're looking for. This enchanting cottage has been lovingly restored to its past splendor but with todays modern services. Set within lush tropical private gardens and only a 2 minute stroll to the beautiful Picnic Bay beach, a cold beer at the pub, mouth-watering meals at the restaurants or catching dinner from the jetty. Golfing is also an option and only 5 minutes walk from the cottage.
Unearth the beauty and magic of Magnetic Island while enjoying the serenity of Ascot Cottage.
As soon as you enter Ascot Cottage you will feel at home and the sense of tranquillity will engulf you. You will understand why our guests keep returning.
Ascot Cottage is spacious and tastefully decorated, offering split-level accommodation which is fully air-conditioned. The modern stainless steel fully equipped kitchen has a full size fridge, gas stove, microwave and is situated on the lower level of this charming cottage where you will also find the large comfy lounge, a dining table to seat six, 101 cm flat screen T.V, Austar, DVD player and a stereo with an Ipod docking station. From the lounge a glass sliding door opens onto the private pergola and BBQ area.
Both bedrooms include split-system air-conditioners and offer views to the flourishing surrounds with french doors opening onto the cool and welcoming veranda. The main bedroom has a queen bed with walk-in robe and flat screen TV whiles the second bedroom as a double bed and wardrobe. Both include satin comforters, bedside tables and lamps. The futon is located on the mezzanine level. Cottage windows throughout capture the breeze and create a charming place to enjoy.
With rich vibrant colours to delight in, which attracts endless wildlife; you can count infinite butterflies, listen for the eerie calls of the curlews and enjoy your mornings with a visit from the islands friendly lorikeets.
In the evening watch the antics of our resident possums while unwinding with a glass of wine in the large private BBQ area. The covered BBQ area is well equipped with outdoor setting, cooling fan and modern gas BBQ.
Whether you are after a romantic escape for two or a fun occasion away with family or friends, at Ascot you will unearth the beauty and magic of Magnetic Island.
*Now with Austar*
Location- 200m Picnic Bay
BENEFITS FOR FAMILIES
The island offers many wholesome family activities without spending lots of money and all only 200 metres from Ascot Cottage.
1. Fishing from Picnic Bay Jetty. Picnic Bay jetty is the retired ferry terminal for the island. Abounding with coral and deep enough for pelagic fish to visit, the Picnic Bay jetty is a wonderful place to take the kids fishing.
2. Playground, Stinger Net and Family Restaurants. Picnic Bay has it all, the infrastructure that came with once being the ferry terminal! A mall and childrens playground are within a safe beach side mall environment. Adjacent to the Jetty is the Picnic Bay surf life saving club and during summer, a safe swimming area is provided with a stinger net.
3. Walking Tracks and Nature are very prolific in Picnic Bay. Picnic Bay has an amazing abundance of bird life from Ospreys and Hawks to the friendly and very approachable Lorikeets and the shy and statuesque Curlews. Koalas are in their element on Maggie Island and there are over 28km of well kept walking tracks throughout the 80% of the island which remains national park.
Sailing, sea kayak tours, snorkeling over coral reefs, fishing charters, jetski hire, skydiving, learn to scuba dive, dive Yongala Wreck, golfing, wildlife park, horse riding along the beach, hire a boat and watch the sunset from beautiful Horseshoe Bay, dine at the many restaurants, hire a moke, topless car, scooter or bike, vist the hilarious comedy cabaret dinner shows at The Stage Door or just lay back and relax at one of the many beaches that Maggie has to offer.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- 2 Double Bedroom with beautiful french doors and views to tropical gardens
- 2mins stroll to beach, restaurants, pub, shops, transport and jetty
- Ceiling fans throughout and fully screened
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Fully air-conditioned
- Ironing Facilities
- Large covered private outdoor BBQ area with fan
- Linen Supplied
- Lush tropical private gardens with bridge and ponds
- Mezzanine level with comfortable Futon
- Pay Television
- Picnic Bay has stinger enclosure and patrolled beach during holiday seasons
- Selection of DVD's, books & games
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
Min 2 nights @$165 p/n-($330) 3-6 nights @$145.00 p/n-($434-$870) 7 nights + @$135.00 p/n- from - $945
Stay before 27 Jun 2013 for 10% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 3 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.