Located on the Ovens River this very large home is two stories of pure decadent luxury. Features include "two" huge upstairs out door entertainment areas overlooking incredible scenery including the Ovens River, Canyon Walk and Apex Hill. The Master bedroom accesses both outdoor areas.The kitchen is simply grand; a chefs dream come true with a large island bench with a Kashmir gold granite top which is also featured in all four bathrooms. Billiard room, bar with wine fridge, wall to wall wine racks, self contained flat with second kitchen, 105cm plasma TV, DVD and Austar satellite cable, spa bath, gas BBQ, double garage with remote controlled doors, remote controlled awnings,beautiful gardens and much much more.Canyons Bend has a BYO LINEN requirement or alternatively linen can be hired from the Bright Visitors Centre for a nominal fee. Located on "Canyons Walk" this property is discreetly secured to ensure toddlers cannot wander into the river. Step out the back gate,turn right and just twenty steps later you're at the river. Turn left and you are 5 minute walk to the centre of Bright township along the beautiful Canyon Walk. The house is located just off the Back Porepunkah Road, so you have absolute serenity, without car traffic noise. It doesn't get any better. 50 mins. drive to Mt.Hotham and 1 hour to Falls Creek. Perfect central spot for enjoying snow sports, wineries, river fun and adventure activities.
What To Do
What we, the owners, love to do~
1) Long walks along the many trails.
2 On hot days sit "in" the river with a drink or two and watch the kids splash around.
3) On cold days hit the ski slopes or wander into town for a coffee or hot chocolate.
4) Hang glide,trail ride, bike ride, read a book or just read the newspaper from cover to cover.
5) Cook up a storm and have dinner on the deck with nature and laugh with friends or family till late.
6) Light the fire, hit the downstairs bar or pick a bottle from the wine rack and play billiards.
7) Share a spa bath with candles and a glass of bubbly.
8) Lunch at local wineries.
9) Catch up with the latest DVD in front of the fire.
10) Take a scenic drive; in any direction. Visit historic Wandiligong and drop in to the Maze for lunch, or the local pub.
10) Pick one of the many great Bright restaurants for dinner.
11) Idle away the hours fishing (rods provided). In season, of course!
12)Wander up to the local brewery for a local beer for happy hour.
13)Sit on the deck and be amazed at nature's awesome beauty.
Christmas/ New Years – minimum stay of 7 nights.
Australia Day weekend – minimum stay of 3 nights.
Labour Day weekend- minimum stay of 3 nights.
Easter-minimum stay of 5 nights.
Queen’s Birthday weekend- minimum stay of 3 nights.
Melbourne Cup weekend – minimum stay of 4 nights
Airconditioning, Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine
- Amazing Views
- Billiard table
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fireplace
- Out door dining/enetertaining
- Pay Television
- Plasma TV
- Rumpus room
- Self Contained apartment
- Spa Bath
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access
- close to main street
- close to river
- front deck/mountain views - rear deck/river 50mts
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 4 adults. Property has 9 beds and can sleep a maximum 14 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.