This spacious 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom holiday home is suspended in the trees overlooking beautiful Smiths Lake and the Sandbar with expansive views to Cellito Beach and Seal Rocks lighthouse.
Relax and unwind on one of the four outdoor decks, cook up a storm in the gourmet kitchen or cool down with a dip in the pool. Lots of room for families sharing or a few couples getting away from it all. Only metres to the sandy beach on the lakes edge, or a few minutes drive to Cellito, Blueys, Boomerang or Elizabeth beaches.
Akama has open plan living/kitchen areas, polished timber flooring throughout, cross ventilation & ceiling fans ensure comfort in the summer, and a gas fireplace becomes the heart of the house on winter evenings.
The house is very spacious with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and lots of open plan living areas and undercover decks for entertaining.
4 LARGE BEDROOMS AND 3 BATHROOMS
* First Floor bedroom 1 - opens to back deck with pool views. Queen bed, ceiling fan and ensuite bathroom with deep soak bath & shower.
* First Floor bedroom 2 - (The Pavilion) - opens to back deck, overlooks the pool with views to lake. Queen bed, TV & DVD player, ceiling fan, and ensuite bathroom with shower.
* Lower Floor bedroom 3 - opens to lower deck with lake views. Queen bed, ceiling fan, Ipod docking station and ensuite bathroom with shower.
* Lower Floor bedroom 4 - opens to rumpus room. Double bed and single bunk above, also contains a slide out trundle single bed.
* The 2 leather sofas in the lower floor Rumpus room fold out to double beds.
* Fully equiped for babies & toddlers with Baby Bassinett, Bath, Porta Cot, 2 x High Chairs, Fold Up Pram & Safety Gate for internal stairs.
* Plus DVD's, books, puzzles, floor activity mat and toy box.
* Older kids have a choice of books, puzzles and games, and the Rumpus room downstairs has a DVD player & TV for children to have quiet time away from the adults.
* The kitchen is equiped for the most enthusiastic chef with Bosch ceramic cooktop, oven & warming drawer, dishwasher, microwave, wine fridge & 2 x coffee machines and plenty of space to work with 3 metre kitchen island focused around a double undermounted sink
* Stainless steel gourmet Gas BBQ on first floor deck
We love our coffee and Akama has two coffee machines for use.
* We have recently added a Nespresso coffee machine and milk frother. Nespresso coffee capsules can only be ordered online at [nespresso"dot"com] or from one of their shops
* We also have a Gaggia coffee machine and coffee bean grinder available. This takes standard coffee beans in the grinder, or normal filter coffee
* Also a coffee plunger for standard filter coffee
ENTERTAINMENT & RELAXATION
* 2 large indoor living/entertainment areas with TV's etc and a Library with books, puzzles & magazines to browse.
* First floor - Surround sound, large LCD flat screen TV, and CD/DVD home theatre system. Akama is wired for sound, so you can listen to music via outdoor Bose speakers in the pool area, decks, and selected parts of the living area.
* AUSTAR TV with MOVIES & FOX SPORTS
* IPOD docking station connected to home theatre system
* Lower floor - Flat screen TV with local terrestrial channels and DVD player.
* Pavilion bedroom - Wall mounted TV & DVD player
TOYS & SPORTS EQUIPMENT
* Double seater Kayak with wheels for easy access to the lake
* Single seater Kayak - fits on roof racks
* Full sized Table Tennis with bats & balls
* Lots of different sized Boogie boards
All the above stored in the garage
COME ENJOY THE POOL
* 5m x 4m Salt water SOLAR HEATED POOL - chill out after a long day on the beach or lake. The surrounding decking is the perfect place to suntan and entertain in private. Includes outdoor hot water shower to rinse off after a surf or swim. Pool noodles and blow up toys are stored in the garage.
* Full laundry facilities with Washing Machine, Dryer, Sink, Clothes Horse & Washing Line downstairs.
WHAT ABOUT WINTER?
* Real flame gas fireplace makes the house cozy & warm in winter, plus oil heaters in all bedrooms. All bathrooms have heating lights & heated towel rails.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY CAR / BOAT?
* Double Garage and off-street parking for trailers/boats
* All beds are dressed on arrival with pillows & pillow slips, duvets & duvet covers and mattress protectors. You only need to bring sheets and towels (and full bedding for the cot or bassinet if you will be using them). This is included in our standard accommodation price.
* A FULL LINEN service can be supplied at extra cost
Queen and Double packs $50
Single packs $40
Linen Packs include: All bedding, towels, hand towels, bath mat, face washers, tea towels and beds made up ready for your arrival.
A PAYG Telstra 3G USB card is available. Easy to recharge online, via a phone call or from a newsagent.
What a hit!! We were three families sharing, 6 adults & 5 kids. So much space. Loved that the kids could watch a dvd downstairs while the adults had the upstairs living area all to themselves! We dined on the deck every night where the kids loved feeding the kookaburras. Lazy days by the pool, we'll be back
Thanks, Toni (Jan 2011)
Thanks for a great stay. Akama was an excellent choice for our family. My mom had peace & quiet in the pavillion room while our kids ran riot in the main house in the mornings. The baby cot/gear, toys, movies etc were very handy. My partner was incredibly happy with the surf, had Cellitto beach all to ourselves one morning. Doesn't get any better than that
Liz (Dec 2010)
We had a fantastic and very relaxing stay with more than enough activities and space for the kids. Superbly designed and stylish holiday retreat, nestled amongst the tree tops in a quiet street with magnificent views of the lake. Highly recommend for a family holiday
Cheers, Darron and Lindsey (Aug 2010)
Local Area Details
Is a saltwater inlet separated from the ocean by a natural sandbar. Walk 20 metres from the house to a lovely white sand beach on the lake front. The water is calm with no surf and offers swimming, fishing, watersports.
Smith Lake Shops:
A few minutes stroll takes you to the local shops with a supermarket, butcher, baker, liquor store, hair dressers and dine in/takeaway food + internet access from the Lakes cafe.
The Frothy Coffee Boatshed:
A 10-15min walk (2min drive) takes you to the Frothy Coffee on the lakes edge with dine in/takeaway food, a lovely childrens playground, a white sandbar with shallow safe swimming for kids, fishing, boat hire, a boat ramp for water access and lots of opportunity to feed the fish breadcrumbs & lie in shade of the gum trees.
Is a 20min drive and has a large shopping centre, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, boat and fishing cruises etc.
Cellito, Blueys and Boomerang are fantastic surf beaches a 5min drive away. Elizabeth beach is wonderful for kids as it's a small protected bay. Shelley beach is also protected, great for fishing and accessed by a lovely little nature walk.
Other activities include golf, tennis, bushwalking, local markets, 4WD trails and horseriding.
Swimming Pool, Washing Machine
- 2 x COFFEE Machines. Nespresso and Gaggia with Grinder & Milk Frother
- 2 x KAYAKs, TABLE TENNIS, Boogie Boards
- AUSTAR MOVIES & SPORT
- BABY Bassinet, Bath, Porta COT, High Chair x 2, Play Mat & Safety Gate, Fold Up Pram
- CHILDRENS books, DVD's, toy box
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Gas FIREplace
- HUGE Flat Screen TV with Surround Sound
- High chair
- IPOD docking station wired into Stereo
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Library, puzzles and magazines
- Pay Television
- Rumpus room
- Swimming Pool
- Washing Machine
ALL TARIFFS BASED ON UP TO 6 PEOPLE Once off surcharge per extra Adult $100, Child $50 Children under 3 stay FREE Mid week bookings minimum of 3 nights MINIMUM RATE FOR ANY BOOKING IS $800
Stay before 27 Jun 2013 for 10% off.
For Autumn & Winter, Book a wknd & get 1 extra night free OR Book a 7 night stay for 10% discount * Sleeps max 12 people * SOLAR HEATED POOL * TABLE TENNIS, KAYAKS, MOVIES & FOX SPORTS, BOOKS & BOARD GAMES
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 8 beds and can sleep a maximum 12 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.