We have six wonderful properties to offer you. ALL PROPERTIES HAVE KING SIZE BEDS IN THE MAIN BEDROOM and either Queens or King Singles in the other bedrooms. All bedding is less than 2 years old.
All properties other than Tessies Studio have fires as well as being air conditioned. Logs are provided for the fires.
We have properties of all sizes and prices.
1. Tessies Studio - sleeps 2 in a king size bed - $185 per night
2. Tyntynder Lodge - sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms - 4 cottages - $275 per night
3. Tessies House - sleeps up to 6 - 3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms - from $295 per night
4. Abacus (Tessies House & Studio combined) - sleeps up to 8 - 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms -from $480 per night
All tariffs include linen, towels & exclusive toiletries & LOGS FOR THE FIRE (except Tessies Studio which has no fire).
WE OFTEN HAVE SEASONAL SPECIALS which only appear on our own websites. EACH OF OUR PROPERTIES HAS ITS OWN INDIVIDUAL WEBSITE. TO FIND THEM DO A GOOGLE SEARCH ON ANY OF OUR PROPERTIES BY NAME - FOR EXAMPLE TYNTYNDER LODGE.
Our own websites will also give you a better idea of our properties as they show more photos, floorplans and individual availability calendars for each property.
All our properties are unique and have been set up solely with your comfort in mind. They are all located in quiet tree lined streets close to town and the river.
They are all of premium quality and include such items as Italian leather furniture (e.g. Natuzzi brand), log fires with logs provided, full gourmet kitchens incl. German knife blocks, etc and king size beds with quality linen.
Walk easily to the shops, the restaurants and the river.
There is a usually a 2 night minimum stay at all our cottages. At peak times minimum stays are longer.
HOWEVER - WE DO TAKE ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS AT OUR DISCRETION.
One night bookings are subject to a small surcharge. Go to our own websites to email us about the possibility of a one night booking.
Please Note - our tariffs are for 2 guests except for Abacus where rates are for the first 4 guests. Extra guests (including children) are a ONE OFF fee of $50 - stay 2 weeks and still only pay $50.
TYNTYNDER LODGE was RECENTLY written up by THE AGE NEWSPAPER - we received 18 OUT OF 20. This is THE HIGHEST SCORE AWARDED TO A PROPERTY IN BRIGHT.
Up to 4 guests in each cottage - 4 cottages - perfect for couples & families
TYNTYNDER LODGE HAS WON THE AWARD FOR THE AWARD BEST PET FRIENDLY HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION IN VICTORIA FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS IN A ROW. IT IS CURRENTLY AWARDED THE "BEST PET FRIENDLY HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION IN AUSTRALIA"
1. Completely refurbished in the last 12 months
2. Two bedroom cottages sleeping up to 4 guests
3. Linen and towels included in the tariff
4. King size beds in the main bedroom; either queen or two long king singles in the second bedroom
5. All beds are fitted with quality linen (Laura Ashley), doonas (5 blanket equivalent) & cotton blankets
6. Pillow selection - goose down or firm
7. Complementary Molton Brown exclusive toiletries
8. Complete gourmet kitchen with full oven, dishwasher, microwave and large family sized fridge
9. Quality crockery, glassware, pots, knife block, cutlery etc
10. Stylish, comfortable leather couches & lounge chairs of top quality e.g. Natuzzi
11. TV & DVD
12. Dining table with seating for 5
13.Wood fire with LOGS PROVIDED
14. Air conditioned (reverse cycle giving both cooling and heating)
15. Each cottage has its own private fully fenced garden solely for your use
16. On your private back deck is your own BBQ and dining out setting
16. For more photos, floorplans and individual availability calendars do a Google search on Tyntynder Lodge
Tyntynder Lodge is $275 per night other than peak periods when it goes to $355 per night.
This rate is valid until 1 February, 2014.
Tyntynder does not increase its prices for school holidays or weekends.
BONUS - EXTRA GUESTS AFTER THE FIRST 2 ONLY PAY $50 PER STAY - NOT PER NIGHT
MORE THAN 70% OF OUR TYNTYNDER GUESTS ARE RETURN VISITORS AND REFERRALS.
Tessies House sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms/ 2 bathrooms (king with ensuite, queen & 2 long king singles) or up to 8 if Tessies Studio with an extra king size bed & another ensuite is also rented.
PLEASE NOTE - THE PROPERTY IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE AND IS NOT TO BE USED FOR FUNCTIONS, PARTIES, ETC. It is in a quiet residential area and is only to be used by the guests who are registered to stay in the property. The owner lives next door and is vigilant about policing this rule and maintaining a peaceful environment. Immediate eviction will apply. Stay elsewhere is you have come to party.
It is perfect for for groups of families and friends
1. Up to four bedrooms - 2 king size beds (both with ensuites), 1 queen & 2 long king singles and huge family bathroom.
2. Up to three bathrooms - each king size bed has an ensuite and one glorious main bathroom for the queen & 2 long king singles
3. All linen, towels & exclusive Molton Brown toiletries are included
4. Logs for the fire included
5. Full stainless steel gourmet kitchen with Blanco oven, dishwasher, microwave and huge family sized fridge
6. Quality crockery, glassware, pots, cutlery etc
7. Stylish, comfortable leather couches with seating for eight
8. HUGE Wide Screen 155cm TV & DVD
9. Dining table with quality leather seating for 8
10. Air conditioned (reverse cycle giving both cooling and heating)
11. Private fully fenced garden
12. On your private back patio is a BBQ and dining out setting for 8
13. 4 blocks to town the end of a blissfully quiet court and a flat 8 minute walk to town
14. Arboretum (large park) at the end of the street
15. For many more photos, floorplans and individual availability calendars do a Google search on Tessies House
TESSIES IS THE ONLY HOUSE OF THIS SIZE AND QUALITY IN BRIGHT WITH UP TO 4 BEDROOMS and 3 BATHROOMS OF THE HIGHEST STANDARD
2013 Rates - For Tessies House as a 3 bedroom option (suitable for up to 6 guests) are from -
$295 per night Sunday to Thursday FOR FIRST 2 GUESTS
$325 per night for Friday, Saturday, Month of April & School Holidays FOR FIRST 2 GUESTS.
$435 per night Peak times (Long Weekends, etc) FOR FIRST 2 GUESTS
These tariffs are for the first 2 guests in 1 bedroom & ensuite bathroom. BONUS - EXTRA GUESTS AFTER THE FIRST 2 ONLY PAY A ONE OFF TARIFF OF $50 PER STAY - NOT PER NIGHT
Should you need 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms it will be necessary to also take Tessies Studio. THE RATES BELOW ARE FOR 4 GUESTS. ADD $50 PER GUEST ONE OFF FEE FOR GUESTS OVER THE FIRST 4.
Rates for Tessies House & Studio as a 4 bedroom/3 bathroom option (suitable for up to 8 guests) are from -
$480 per night Sunday to Thursday FOR FIRST 4 GUESTS
$520 per night for Friday Saturday & School Holidays FOR FIRST 4 GUESTS
$670 per night Peak (Long Weekends, etc) FOR FIRST 4 GUESTS
THESE TARIFFS ARE FOR THE FIRST 4 GUESTS. BONUS - EXTRA GUESTS AFTER THE FIRST 4 ONLY PAY $50 PER STAY - NOT PER NIGHT.
For many more photos, floorplans and individual availability calendars do a Google search on Tessies Bright
Up to 2 guests in a king size bed . Tessies Studio is the economical alternative
1. Fully self contained and private with delightful ensuite bathroom
2. All linen, towels and exclusive toiletries included in the tariff
3. Kitchenette with microwave, plates, cutlery, toast machine, toaster, jug & bar fridge
4. Leather Couch and armchair in lounge retreat area
5. TV & DVD
6. Dining table with seating for 2
7. Fully air conditioned (reverse cycle giving both cooling and heating)
8. Private fully fenced garden
9. On your private back patio is a BBQ and dining out setting for 2
10. Located at the end of a quiet court - 4 blocks to town on a flat 8 minute walk
11. 2 minutes walk across the Arboretum (large park) to the River
2013 Rate for Tessies Studio is $185 per night - Fridays Saturdays & School Holidays included
Peak times (Long Weekends, etc) - $230 per night.
For more photos, floorplans and individual availability calendars do a Google search on Tessies Studio
In recognition of some of our guests loving to travel with their pets each property has a fully fenced private cottage set aside for those who wish to holiday with their four legged friends. Pets are welcome inside.
As pets are NEVER to be left unattended at our properties we can offer doggy sitting facilities - day and night. Ask us when you book or look for the details in your cottage
TYNTYNDER LODGE HAS WON THE AWARD FOR THE BEST PET FRIENDLY HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION IN AUSTRALIA FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS IN A ROW.
It is the responsibility of pet owners to clean up after their pets. This includes pet hair, dog droppings, toys, etc.
Extra charges will be made up to one nights extra tariff for properties left in an unclean condition
It was recently awarded 18 out of 20 by the Age Newspaper - the equivalent of 2 chefs hats if we were a Restaurant. This is the highest score ever awarded to a Bright property.
Tyntynder Lodge is set in Tyntynder Lane - a quiet country tree lined lane that finishes at the Ovens River. It only contains three houses and has no through traffic. There is a park opposite our cottages.
From the back gate of the cottages it is 50 metres to the start of the riverside walks that are one of the main tourist attractions of Bright. Walk into Bright along one of these flat, beautifully maintained walks or walk the other way into pristine bush with the delightful Ovens River gurgling beside you.
Tessies House and Tessies Studio are at the end of a quiet court off Mountbatten Avenue opposite the Arboretum (large park). It is an easy 8 minute flat walk into town. Alternatively it is less than 2 minutes walk across a park to get to the river.
Bright is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Australia and yet still remains a peaceful haven for nature lovers with its glorious European scenery and atmosphere. It is close to Mt Buffalo, Mt Hotham & Falls Creek for skiing, bush walking etc.
Day trips to historic Beechworth, Mt Buffalo, Milawa, Rutherglen and the ski fields are all possible from this idyllic base
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- All bedding is less than 2 years old
- All main bedrooms have king size beds
- All properties have fires with logs provided
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Each property has own fenced private garden with individual bbq and deck. Peaceful, private quality
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Other bedrooms have either a queen or 2 long king singles
- Pets allowed
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
For Seasonal Specials, more photos and individual availability calendars for each property please visit our own websites by Googling any of our properties by name e.g. Tyntynder Lodge or Tessies Studio or Abacus or Tessies
August-Stay 4 nights pay 3, Stay 7 pay 5 W/ends too. Incl Logs for the fire, linen, towels, Molton Brown toiletries. Subject to availability. Excluding Tessies Studio
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 5 beds and can sleep a maximum 8 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Tyntynder Cottages & Tessies House
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.