RATES - based on 6 Guests, minimum 3 nights available
Winter from $450 per night, $3150 per week, 3 nights $1350
Autumn & Spring from $475 per night, $3325 per week, 3 nights $1425
Summer from $500 per night, $3500 per week, 3 nights $1500
Christmas & New Year $5600, minimum 7 nights
Easter $3000, minimum 5 nights
For personal service please contact David Neilsen Your Choice Holidays Byron Bay
The epitome of privacy and seclusion, Aquila is ideal for couples or small groups, looking to relax and rejuvenate in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
This exquisite mountain retreat sits atop a ridge at the eastern end of the Koonyum Ranges in the Byron Bay Hinterland, ~10 mins drive from Mullumbimby, and commands spectacular 270 degree panoramic views from the Boogarem Falls in the North West, to Mount Chincogan in the North, to the Pacific Ocean and Cape Byron Lighthouse in the East, and the Goonengerry National Park in the South.
Privacy is guaranteed as the house is situated on 30 acres of mountain ridge, and 100 acres of pristine rainforest sloping to the valley floor. You’ll only have to share it with the Wedge-tailed Eagles (Aquila audax) that nest on the property!
The design of the residence draws on Frank Lloyd-Wright’s ‘organic architecture’ ideals to deliver a meticulously crafted, character-filled, mountain retreat for all seasons. A contemporary minimalist approach has been used to style the furnishings throughout.
The lower floor of the main residence has open-plan living, dining, and kitchen areas, an open fire place, grotto-style bathroom, and two covered outdoor dining/entertaining areas.
The upper floor of the main residence consists of a master queen-sized bedroom with Swiss chalet-style ensuite and private balcony that offers incredible panoramic views. Romantics will not be disappointed.
A separate guest wing houses two queen-sized bedrooms, each with its own ensuite, as well as a spa room that overlooks the 12 m salt water lap pool. A covered timber decking faces the views to Byron Bay lighthouse.
The house comes equipped with all the first class items you would expect:
· LCD flat screen televisions with DVD players in each of the three bedrooms and selection of DVDs
· Bose portable i-pod docking station and CD player
· Fully equipped gourmet kitchen including fresh coffee for the espresso machine as well as a selection of fine herbal teas
· Quality linen & bedding
· Fleecy robes for colder nights and soft flowing wraps for the warmer days
· Fully equipped laundry
· 12 metre lap pool
· Outdoor gas BBQ and dining setting
· Large spa room
Relax and unwind in the beautiful surrounds:
· Watch the sunrise over Australia’s most easterly point, as the morning mist hugs the valley floor.
· Enjoy an espresso, or some yoga, in the 'conversation pit' and take in the spectacular Boogarem escarpment with its water falls
· Rock on the swing-seat and be mesmerised by the Wedge-tail Eagles (Aquila audax) as they soar on the thermals over hinterland valleys.
· Walk the private 400m ‘razorback’ track at your door to the Eagle’s Eyrie lookout and take in the stunning panoramic coastal views.
· Watch the emerald butterflies dance around the native wildflowers, copper-tailed skinks scatter on the rock walls, green tree frogs hiding on the plants, and the local wallabies that visit the residence.
· Pamper yourself with some aromatherapy and a spa bath, a massage on the terrace, and revive with a swim in the 12m salt water lap pool.
· Take a book and sit in solitude on the jetty overlooking the dam.
· And as night falls, relax into the leather lounges beside the open fire place, listen to deafening silence of nature and watch the blinking of the Cape Byron lighthouse in the distance.
Where is the property?
Aquila is ~10 mins drive from the vibrant township of Mullumbimby, ~30 mins to Byron Bay and its beautiful beaches, and ~45 mins from Gold Coast Airport.
How do we get there?
Please view map at the top of this page under the photo gallery.
Is it safe for children?
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Swimming Pool, Washing Machine
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Heated Spa (not spa bath)
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Spa Bath
- Swimming Pool
- Washing Machine
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 3 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.