Lachney Cottage is a near new 2 bedroom (+ upstairs loft) house located in the historic village of Dalgety. The home is 1.5km out of town on the sealed Snowy River Way, and is an easy 4.5hr drive from the south of Sydney on excellent roads. Dalgety is located on the banks of the Snowy River, and is a 15 minute drive to Berridale, 30 minutes to Jindabyne, less than 60 minutes to the ski resorts of Perisher and Thredbo and a scenic 90 minute drive to the coast.
The cottage, which is situated on 9 level acres with magnificant views of the snowy mountains, is a peaceful and relaxing home to return to after a hard day on the slopes, avoiding the hustle and bustle of the bigger towns. Watch as kangaroos and the local wildlife go about their business while you're sitting on the verandah sipping a red and soaking in the crisp clean mountain air. Maybe all sitting around the outside fire toasting marshmellows while waiting for the snags to cook, or simply relax and snuggle up in front of the wood heater with a good book. And the star gazing on clear evenings is just stunning.
The village of Dalgety, which has history dating back to the 1800's, has many attractions on offer. Like grabbing a hamburger and having a drink with the locals at the Buckley Crossing pub, enjoying a cappuccino at Iona Cafe, dining at The Gallery or visiting The Snowy Vineyard Estate which includes a Restaurant and Microbrewery. And of course there's the Mighty Snowy River where you can take the river walk, do a spot of fishing, canoe or take a dip during the warmer months.
A little further away is the Kosciuszko National Park, which is not only home to the best Ski resorts in Australia, but has many attractions outside the ski season. Bushwalking, mountain biking, fishing, camping, as well as catching the Express chair at Thredbo for the enjoyable walk to the top of Australia...Mt Kosciuszko.
Jindabyne also has many attractions, including Lake Jindabyne for fishing, water skiing, sailing as well as swimming. Enjoy a movie, dine at the many restaurants, do a spot of shopping, take in the nightlife or simply take a picnic on the picturesque lake edge.
Lachney Cottage is ideal for a romantic getaway, or for the family who like a bit of space, peace and quiet and loads of country charm...All year round.
Main Bedroom = Queen Bed
2nd Bedroom = Single bed
Loft = 2 single beds (plus fold up bed)
Loungeroom = Double sofa bed
* Two flat screen tv's, one in the loungeroom and one in the main bedroom, both with HD digital reception.
* French doors leading directly out onto verandah from main bedroom.
* Plenty of board games, dvd's and books.
* Stereo which includes CD player and IPod dock.
* DVD player.
* Full kitchen.
* A slow combustion wood heater with plenty of wood.
* Electric heaters.
* Beautiful bathroom with a claw foot bath and seperate shower.
* Seperate toilet.
* Open loft overlooking the loungeroom.
* X-Box with games in the loft for the kiddies (big and small).
* 9 acres for children to explore and plenty of space for safely riding push bikes, kite flying or maybe even throwing a boomerang.
* Undercover gas BBQ area including open fire place.
* Laundry with washing machine and dryer. Clothes line.
* 2nd toilet in laundry.
* Clothes rack for drying ski gear.
* No smoking policy.
* Garage parking available.
* Very easy access, no dirt roads or dirt driveway.
* Tariff based on up to 5 guests.
* Long stay discount applies on stays 4 nights and more.
* We accept paypal (credit card payment).
* We can also work out a payment plan to suit your needs.
* Please ask about our loyalty discount.
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Drying facilities
- Electric blanket
- Flat screen TV's
- HD Digital reception
- I-Pod Dock
- Ironing Facilities
- Movies, books, games
- Plenty of firewood
- Washing Machine
- Wood Combustion heater
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 5 adults. Property has 5 beds and can sleep a maximum 5 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.