RainbowStay is a private & quiet, original 1930s 2-bedroom Art Deco Queenslander farm house with a log fire and large salt-water swimming pool surrounded by verdant valley views providing quality self-contained holiday accommodation in the heart of the Rainbow Region.
And it's exclusively yours with no other holiday-makers or children on this peaceful property ... and the large 13m 80kl salt-water swimming pool and sun deck all to yourselves during the swimming season...
Situated on Tourist Drive 32, the Nimbin Road, RainbowStay is easily found and is very accessible by sealed road. In the hamlet of Coffee Camp, it's handy to Nimbin village 8km further up the road to the north and Lismore City 20km to the south from which Byron Bay can be reached in 40 minutes.
It provides a central base to explore the Rainbow Region of Byron Bay and the Northern Rivers with beach and rainforest and all the markets and villages such as The Channon within easy reach.
* the Master Bedroom has a Queen-size bed (pictured), vanity unit, Deco dressing table with matching bedside tables with bedside lamps, full-size wardrobe with bar fridge, bay window with blanket box & French doors leading onto your private North Veranda (pictured) with fabulous valley views. The rates below are for one or two people in this room;
* the adjoining Black & Gold bedroom (pictured) has twin single beds & can be booked on twin-share basis for the extra person charge. It has a vanity unit, full-size Deco wardrobe with full-length mirror, bedside table and lamps and French doors leading onto the North Veranda which connects with the Master bedroom.
A double sofa bed with an inner spring mattress can sleep an extra one or 2 people in the lounge room for the extra person charge below.
* a full-size bathroom with bath and a separate shower recess and dual flush toilet all using pure rainwater as befits this self-sustaining, rainforest residence;
* lounge (pictured) with double sofa-bed, log fire, recliner, bay window, high definition digital 32" (1366x768) LCD eco-friendly Television with DTV USB recording, USB infoLink & 4 x HDMI receiving all free land to air channels, 5.1 HDMI upscaling DVD player with USB, ceiling fan, a games table, library & local tourist info;
* fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances including dishwasher, microwave, gas hob, electric oven, toaster, jug & cutlery, crockery, pots and pans and has entrances to the dining room and the North Veranda;
* large country-elegant dining room with grandfather clock ;
* verandas on 3 sides of the House including the large North Veranda which is ideal for young children and pets as there is no entrance or exit from it other than the bedrooms or the kitchen. The North Veranda has tables & chairs, a day-bed, exercise bikes with views over the Nimbin Valley;
* large salt-water pebble-dashed pool with steps wide enough to sit upon leading into the pool near the covered sun deck and surrounded by tropical gardens with mountain views exclusively for residents during the swimming season..
Complimentary local morning newspaper.
Wireless Broadband available (fee applies).
RainbowStay is a self-sustaining house leaving a negative carbon footprint (carbon sink) with a Grid Interactive Dual Electricity supply of a 4.75kW solar array on the roof.
RainbowStay is already self-sustaining for all sweet water, waste water treatment & disposal, fuel for winter heating and waste management. A forest is maintained on the property as a carbon sink to compensate for petrol & gas usage. The smallholding is undergoing regeneration by the resident owner from a degraded cattle property and is registered with Land for Wildlife and a member of the Wildlife Land Trust of the Humane Society International.
Trained pets are welcome at RainbowStay with prior notice. Food and water bowls are provided in secure enclosures and pets are welcome indoors. A small tariff is payable for the facilities and for the pest control, extra cleaning, sanitising & deodorising needed for the comfort of our not-so-pet-friendly guests and allergy sufferers.
- Ceiling fan & fans
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Fabulous valley views
- Free WiFi
- Gay friendly
- Ironing Facilities
- Laundry service (extra charge)
- Linen Supplied
- Log fire
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed
- Registered Land for Wildlife property
- Sustainable House
- Swimming Pool
- Towels Supplied
- Wireless Broadband (extra charge)
Rate includes linen, bedding & towels. Complimentary daily local newspaper & complimentary datablock of 24/7 availability of at least 100MB WiFi per booking. Rates below are for 1 or 2 people taking the Master bedroom; the extra person charge applies for a room each.
Stay before 15 Jun 2013 for 5% off.
Free Data Block of 100MB 24/7 Availability Wireless Broadband WiFi with each booking.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 3 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.