PLEASE SCROLL RIGHT DOWN FOR FULL DETAILED RATES
THERE IS NO CHARGE PER HEAD!
Owner / Manager/s: David & Hilary Harris
Check out our other properties at:
Cessnock, NSW (Gateway to Hunter Valley Vineyards) - Coal d' Vine Cottage - www.stayz.com.au/16898
Salamander Bay, NSW (Port Stephens / Nelson Bay) - Condo 105 @ Horizons Golf Resort - www.stayz.com.au/65646
TALBINGO HOLIDAY COTTAGE - Our aim is to be the most FAMILY-PET FRIENDLY & COLOURFUL COTTAGE in TALBINGO
SNOW HIRE 2013 PACKAGES available from Talbingo goPLAYoutside: www.goPlayOutside.com.au. This can be arranged as a PACKAGE in conjunction with your holiday accommodation at Pether Cottage - TALBINGO.
ADVANTAGES OF STAYING AT PETHER COTTAGE OVER OTHER FORMS OF ACCOMMODATION
1. You get a whole self-contained house without restrictions e.g. cooking (not a small confined accommodation)
2. THERE IS NO CHARGE PER HEAD!
3. Apart from linen hire (BYO Linen) there are no hidden extra charges i.e. washing machine & BBQ are included in tariff etc.
4. Home away from home
5. Privacy i.e. not sharing facilities with others
6. PETS ARE WELCOME
7. You can invite other friends & family for no extra charge
8. Colourful Stay
9. P&Q and R&R
10. Hill and Water Views
* Centre of the mighty Snowy Mountain Scheme (one of the greatest engineering feats of the world). Tumut 3 Power Station (TALBINGO) is the largest power station in the Snowy Mountains Scheme and the largest hydro-electric power station in Australia.
* Birthplace of Miles Franklin (author of "My Brilliant Career")
* Ken Warby - The Worlds Fastest Man on Water - The Record 511.11km/h, 8th October 1978, "Spirit of Australia", Blowering Dam (5 - 10 min. from Talbingo)
* Last Saturday in October each year - JOUNAMA CLASSIC - only day in the year where you can go boating in Jounama Pondage to fish
* Sleeps 8 adults max., 10 in family (including kids) max. Comfortably sleeps 6.
* Kid and Pet Friendly. Dogs welcome. Birdwatching at dawn & dusk. Kangaroos in abundance around Talbingo.
* TARIFF RATE: - WE DO NOT CHARGE PER HEAD
***ACCOMMODATION RATE FOR PERIODS OVER 2 WEEKS & Short Stay Accommodation NEGOTIABLE! Snowy Hydro Worker/s & retired / semi-retired person/s enquiries welcome particularly for Off Peak Periods.
* 1 night only stays incur a $45 Cleaning Fee on top of normal tariff
* 50% remaining to be paid between booking and arrival date
* 50% remaining to be paid at least 7 (seven) days prior to commencement of stay unless previous arrangements or negotiations have been made
* 15% DISCOUNT on LAST MINUTE Bookings i.e. within 14 days of booking date. Condition that full tariff be paid in full by electronic transfer to bank account.
* CARPORT & DRIVEWAY: carport to protect car or boat, nice stone driveway
* SIDE VERANDAH: R&R, read a book, have a cuppa or drink, birdwatching, watching king parrots, defrost with sun, admire hill and water views
* KITCHEN: fully equipped electric kitchen - electric stove, microwave etc. Vacuum cleaner stored in cupboard.
* BYO food and drink
* BEDROOM 1: includes 1 Queen bed, built-in wardrobe, dressing table with mirror, 2 alpine bedside units, 2 bed lamps, 1HP S/S R/C Air Conditioner. High chair & stroller stored in wardrobe.
* BEDROOM 2: 2 trio bunks (i.e. 2 single & 2 double beds as 2 bunks), 2 extra single foam mattresses under trio bunks, 3 * 3 chest of drawers, 1 lamp, built-in wardrobe and 1 68 cm analogue TV with digital set-top box, 1HP S/S R/C Air Conditioner.
* Bedding includes pillows, doonas, thin fleecy blankets, thermal cotton blankets
* BYO Bed linen (i.e. sheets & pillow cases) or sleeping bags for kids
* LAUNDRY: 5.5kg washing machine, tub, clothes dryer, basket/pegs, iron & ironing board. Pets are permitted inside in laundry / sunroom area.
* SUNROOM: can be used as 4th bedroom as a last resort, off laundry - includes 3 seater sofa bed (sleeps 2).
* TOILET: 1 sewered (inside) - separate from bathroom. Located in sunroom and laundry area.
* BATHROOM: includes shower and long & deep bath.
* LOUNGEROOM: can be used as a 3rd bedroom. reverse cycle air conditioner, includes digital TV, Blue Ray, DVD/VHS/CD combo, James Chaise corner lounge (seats 4), 3 seater sofa bed (sleeps 2), foot rest, coffee table, small library of books, 85+ DVDs, 50+ in-house VHSs, tourist information folder of local attractions, maps. Freshly painted in April 2006. DVDs can be hired from Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Country Club or BYO.
* HALLWAY: Joseph's Hallway Coat of Many Colours (12 colours). Talking point & totally useless apart from the fact that it leads to 5 key areas of cottage. The only way you get to see the hallway is STAY and be bedazzled with colour.
* BACK PATIO & SIDE VERANDAH: outdoor entertaining - table & chairs, under cover, gas BBQ and smoking area. Extra chairs on side verandah for kitchen or outdoor entertaining as required.
* GROUNDS & GARDENS: fully fenced back yard, lots of room for kids and pets to play, 2 trees to climb, roses, lots of greenery, privacy, seclusion & serenity
OTHER HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION & THINGS TO DO
Batlow for apples; Adelong & Kiandra for gold diggings; Yarrangobilly Caves and 27 degrees thermal pool (all year round); the Snowy Mountains, Tumut 3 Power Station, Talbingo Dam, Kosciusko National Park, Bago State Forest, Blue Water Holes, Buddong Falls and much, much more.
All year for rainbow trout, brown trout and redfin on Lakes Talbingo, Blowering or Tantangara. Or in season in the numerous streams running out of the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Some good Murray Cod and other native fish are caught in Blowering Dam. Jounama Classic - special fishing & boating weekend in Jounama pondage - occurs annually on last Saturday in October every year. Fishing Rods for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo. Fishing tackle, supplies & bait from either Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Service Station.
Ski Mount Selwyn. Although Talbingo is below the snowline, the ski slopes of Mt Selwyn are only 40 minutes away via the Snowy Mountains Highway open all year. Mt Selwyn offers 12 ski lifts, at the lowest prices in the NSW Snowies! Toboggan runs and beginners slopes are provided. Also a ski school. Some of the finest cross country ski tours in Australia are a feature of this area. Check out the latest snow report for Mt Selwyn on the world wide web at selwynsnow or from Talbingo Supermarket by 8am every morning during the ski season. Snow Gear for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo and Selwyn Snow & Water at either Mt. Selwyn or Tumut.
* WATERSPORTS: Talbingo is the centre of immense waterways. Talbingo, Blowering and Jounama Lakes offer 6500 hectares of recreational water for fishing. Information & maps of waterways available in Pether Cottage. On Talbingo and Blowering: water skiing, sailing, canoing and swimming are every day activities during the warmer weather. 5 HP, 4.3 metre motor boats and trailers for hire locally from tourist park - no licence required. $60.00 full day and $40.00 half day plus PETROL approx. Other watersport gear can be hired from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo or Selwyn Snow & Water in Tumut.
* SWIMMING: A magnificent, safe area has been allocated near Talbingo Dam specifically for swimmers. The views are unbelievable and the water as clear as a bell! This area is just 5-10 minutes from Pether Cottage by car. There are many swimming holes in the local creeks including Jounama Creek.
* GOLF & TENNIS: 9 hole golf course ($10 per adult, $4 per 16 year old and under) and two tennis courts for hire available at the Talbingo Country Club - just down the road! Golf & tennis gear can be hired in Talbingo or BYO.
* BUSHWALKING: Specific information in the tourist information folder and maps at Pether Cottage. Choice of walks in the Kosciusko National Park or the largest state forest in Australia for both experienced and dedicated walkers, as well as for those who love to wander in our natural environment. This area is a bushwalker's delight! Hume & Hovell Walking Track, Buddong Falls, Old Mountain Road, Jounama Creek, Mill Creek Falls, Lander's Creek Falls, Big Talbingo Mountain, Warogong Sugarloaf, Red Hill Road, Cliffords Creek, Blowering Cliffs and other beautiful scenery and views.
* Talbingo Country Club (200+m)
* Historic Gold Mining Town of Kiandra and Adelong
* Other Towns to visit: Tumut, Gundagai, Batlow, Cabramurra, Tumbarumba, Adaminaby, Cooma
* Picnics and barbeques
* Great half and full day car trips
* 4WD tracks in National & State Forests (subject to weather & conditions). Snowchains may be required in winter. Some roads & 4WD tracks are closed in winter due to snow.
* Bike Riding and Walks
* Just sit back and relax
DISTANCES & APPROXIMATE TIMES TO OTHER DESTINATIONS FROM TALBINGO
(according to RACQ Road Travel Planner):
* Tours of Tumut 3 Power Station (3 km)
* Yarrangobilly Caves (39 km - 37 min)
* Tumut (43 km - 33 min)
* Kiandra (55 km - 39 min)
* Selwyn Snowfields (57 km - 41 min)
* Adelong (62 km - 50 min)
* Tours of T2 Power Station (70 km)
* Batlow (74 km - 1:04 hr)
* Cabramurra (74 km - 1:01 hr)
* Gundagai (76 km - 1:02 hr)
* Adaminaby (92 km - 1:03 hr)
* Wee Jasper (110 km - 1:47 hr)
* Tumbarumba (111 km - 1:35 hr)
* Khancoban (137 km - 2:18 hr)
* Cooma (143 km - 1:40 hr)
* Wagga Wagga (144 km - 1:53 hr)
* Jindabyne (177 km - 2:14 hr)
* Smiggins Hole (206 km - 2:38 hr)
* Perisher Valley (209 km - 2:41 hr)
* Thredbo (211 km - 2:43 hr)
* Bega (254 km - 3:01 hr)
* Albury (244 km - 3:02 hr)
* Canberra (258 km - 3:10 hr)
* Sydney (446 km - 5:37 hr)
* Melbourne (563 km - 6:10 hr)
FACILITIES IN TALBINGO
TALBINGO COUNTRY CLUB: Licensed club. Visitors welcome. ATM available. DVD video hire. Pool & billiard tables. Dining room with beautiful mountain views. Chinese Restaurant): includes Australian, Thai & Chinese cooking. Open Monday - Sunday lunch and dinner. Bookings essential. All parties catered for. 9 Hole Golf course and tennis courts for hire available.
TALBINGO LODGE MOUNTAIN ESCAPE STEAK HOUSE AND PIZZA RESTAURANT : Menu in tourist information folder at Pether Cottage. Licensed restaurant. Cook your own steak + salad bar, sausages, marinated chicken breast, kids meals, pizzas & desserts. OPEN NOW!!! Under New Management. Open Thursday - Sunday 6pm to late. Call for bookings.
TALBINGO SUPERMARKET: Stocks all provisions for the holidaymaker. Newsagency, souvenirs, take-away, pharmaceutical, groceries and smallgoods, fresh meat to order, hardware, fishing tackle, post office, toboggan hire, VHS & DVD video hire, golf club and tennis racquet hire. Liquor. Computer/printing/internet/faxing, photocopier & laminating service available. Rural Transaction Centre facility includes: Medicare EasyClaim, Centrelink Access Point etc. Open 7 days a week.
TALBINGO SERVICE STATION: All BP products including diesel, fishing tackle and licenses, souvenirs, ice, portagas and SNOW CHAIN hire. Toboggan hire. Laundromat. Open 7 days a week.
goPLAYoutside: Leisure Equipment for hire and sale. Hire prices in brochure at Tourist Information Folder in Pether Cottage. Gear includes: cycling, camping & hiking, kids gear, water sports, destination gear & winter sports.
* All our snow sports gear is brand new for this season and includes the latest designs and models of skis, snowboards, boots and clothing. Why waste your precious holiday time queuing up for hire gear on the slopes when you can arrange everything here and spend more time on the snow!
* Talbingo 4-day weather forecast, snow report and road conditions posted on shop window for perusal each day. HIRE your snow gear here. Personally fit yourself up and/or collect the day before in a cosy shop. Highly recommend.
OTHER SERVICES: Police station, library, medical centre (part-time), post office, preschool, outdoor ski and water hire activities, public phones, Miles Franklin Park, BBQ & toilet facilities, children's playground facilities in Bridle St. & Pether St., Jounama Creek picnic area, boat launch areas, swimming areas, Church: Australia's first interdenominational church etc.
Airconditioning, Washing Machine
- 2 Climbing Trees for Kids
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Doonas & Blankets
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Large Fenced Backyard
- Outdoor Entertaining
- Pets allowed
- Portable Cot
- Smoke Detectors
- Toddler Stroller
- Washing Machine
Tariffs below is for up to 8 guests! Maximum of ten (10) guests. Pets Welcome! Additional guests above 8 is an additional $10 per night per adult or $5 per kid/pet per night
Stay before 06 Jun 2013 for 15% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 8 adults. Property has 9 beds and can sleep a maximum 10 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
Pether Cottage TALBINGO
Online payment available
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.