Front Door 1
Bed - Victoria Room
Bed - Brittany Room
Bed - Oriental Room
Bed - Oriental Room 2
Bed - Sorensen Room
Bed - Provincial Room
Bed - Macquarie Room
Sitting Room - Macquarie
Covered Deck w/BBQ
Katoomba Three Sisters Look out
Katoomba Three Sisters
Katoomba Look Out
Wentworth Falls Lake
Wentworth Falls Lake
Wentworh falls Shops
Wentworh falls Shops
Black heath Golf Course
Leura Mall Markets
Leura Mall Shops
Wentworh falls Shops
Carrington Hotel Katoomba
Woodford of Leura is a grand residence full of warmth and character. Set in half an acre of tranquil gardens surrounded by towering pines, the garden was created by the celebrated Paul Sorensen who was also responsible for the design and construction of the nearby historic Everglades Gardens.
Woodford has been recently converted into a welcoming holiday house. Located in a quiet street just 10-minute walk from the centre of the delightful village of Leura, Woodford is close to all the major attractions of the upper Blue Mountains - Echo Point, Three Sisters, Scenic World, Wentworth Falls, and Blackheath/Grose Valley - a short drive away.
Woodford is an elegant and spacious home away from home perfect for a large group of friends or extended family to chill out and recharge; also a great place to come back to after your day of sightseeing, shopping, exploration, bush walking, and adventure.
- Double brick house and tastefully decorated with warmth, character, and charm;
- A private photography collection displayed throughout the property;
- Cosy slow combustion wood fire as well as natural gas central heating;
- Large established and picturesque Sorensen gardens sheltered amongst towering pines;
- A civilised dining room, 4 impressive living/lounge/library areas, and two separate outdoor entertaining balconies providing plenty of space for friends catch up and family reunion;
- 6 bedrooms all with ensuite and 5-star linen and bedding, comfortably sleep up to 12 guests;
- Country style kitchen with walk-in pantry, fully equipped with Scanpan cookware, Royal Doulton dinnerware, and Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided), suitable for any catering needs.
Bedding & Floor Layout
Entering into the front foyer, there is a feeling of relaxation, serenity, calm, and history throughout the home. Downstairs boast the gourmet kitchen, dining room with polished floorboards, 4 gorgeous living/TV/library areas, an entertaining deck with BBQ and outdoor setting, and laundry facilities.
Bedroom 1 1 x Double bed with Ensuite;
Bedroom 2 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite;
Bedroom 3 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite and Private Balcony;
Bedroom 4 1 x Queen bed and 1 x Day bed with Private Lounge;
Upstairs is a family retreat perfect for parents travelling with kids.
Bedroom 5 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite and Study Area (Master Bedroom);
Bedroom 6 2 x Single beds.
"Home away from home"
Thank you so much for such a lovely stay in the Blue Mountains! You really made us feel like 'home away from home'. You've made our visit so much more memorable!!! We will sing your praises of Woodford of Leura to all our friends and family State-side.
- Jessica & Edwina, California USA
"Everything you want when staying in the Blue Mountains"
I've stayed in the Blue Mountains four times with my wife and Woodford of Leura has been the best. The host was really nice and welcoming. The room was warm and there was a good selection of movies on DVD included in the accommodation. If you're looking for a place that encapsulates the feel of the Blue Mountains then this place sums it up really well.
- Anthony & Samia, Sydney Australia
"Amazing weekend away"
Thank you for your hospitality! Great rooms! Very clean! Very cosy and home-like atmosphere, and nice garden. Good library and DVD collection. It was nice to stay here, have a glass of red next to a fireplace and read Oscar Wilde. Unfortunately we only stayed there for two nights!
- Sasha & Igor, Sydney Australia
"Beautiful holiday house"
By far the nicest holiday house we stayed at in Australia! Beautiful house in a nice, tranquil location. Very comfortable and welcoming.
- Chrissy & Mark, United Kingdom
Things to Do during your Stay at Woodford of Leura:
- Shopping in the famous Leura Mall & various local markets;
- Leura Garden Festival is the first week of October - that's 1st til 9th this year - book early;
- Blackheath, Leura, Katoomba & Wentworth Falls golf courses are all within a short drive;
- There are many bush walks & numerous spectacular lookouts close by;
- A visit to Jenolan Caves is a good day trip;
- Horse riding along the trails of the Megalong Valley and Hartley Valley;
- Zig Zag railway is around 20 minutes drive away;
- Leura Toy & Railway Museum takes around a 15 minutes walk;
- Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens;
- Norman Lindsay Gallery;
- Echo point and the Three Sisters;
- Scenic Railway & Skyway is less than 10 minutes drive away;
- Wander down to Everglades or any of the other beautiful display gardens - only 5 minutes away;
- The Edge cinema;
- 5 minute drive to Katoomba galleries;
- Take a Trolley Bus tour that passes many of these attractions.
Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- 4 Separate Living/Dining Areas
- 800 m to Leura Mall
- Air conditioning bedroom 5
- Central heating
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- Covered Outdoor Entertainment Area
- DVD player
- Dedicated Library Area
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided)
- Open Fireplace
- Pets allowed
- Towels Supplied
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
All long Weekends are a minimum of 3 nights , all public Holidays are charged at the Weekend Tariff Easter is a min of 4 nights
Last minute deal!
Stay before 28 Oct 2014 for 10% off.
Midweek Sun-Thurs : Stay five nights, pay for four . not valid in School holidays
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 8 beds and can sleep a maximum 12 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field