Omaroo Megalong Valley
Outdoor dining with a view
The drive to the house
Picnic shelter by the dam
Mum & bub
Eastern Grey Kangaroos
QUALITY FURNISHINGS, COMPLIMENTARY FOXTEL & WIFI INTERNET *
Nestled at the base of Mount Elphinstone, Omaroo Megalong Valley comprises over 160 private acres of pristine Blue Mountains wilderness, backing onto thousands of acres of world heritage national parks.
Surrounded by towering cliffs, the main homestead takes in truly epic views of one of the world's most ancient and awe inspiring landscapes from every room in the house.
Spectacular as they are, the views are just one of the fantastic features of this captivating mountain home. Within its boundaries there are kilometres of walking tracks, spectacular scenery, private swimming holes, picnic areas, and bountiful native wildlife.
And although you'll leave the world behind when you enter the gates, you're never too far from civilisation with the renowned Megalong Valley Tea Rooms just minutes down the road, Blackheath's trendy cafes, restaurants and boutique shopping within 15 minutes drive, the famous Three Sisters and Scenic World a just half an hour away, and Blue Mountains' wilderness and attractions in every direction.
Omaroo Megalong Valley has the warmth and charm of a cottage, with all the conveniences of a sumptuous mountain home:
- Leather modular lounge
- Timber bedroom, dining and outdoor furniture
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning/Heating
- Fully equipped kitchen, incl. Dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker
- Gas BBQ + outdoor dining
- Bath & shower with spectacular views
- Complimentary Satellite TV & WiFi Internet*
- Complimentary Firewood*
- 80cm LCD TV
- Media Player with DVD, CD, MP3 AM/FM tuner and iPod/iPhone dock
- Doonas, doona covers & pillows provided
- Bed linen, bath towels/mats, tea towels available*
Then, when you step outside:
- Endless outdoor space
- Klms of walking tracks and stunning scenery throughout the property
- Private picnic areas, swimming holes and caves
- Historic 'Six Foot Walking Track' right at your door
- Famous Megalong Valley Tea Rooms nearby
- Exclusive winery within minutes
- Blue Mountains Equestrian Centre just 2 klms away
- Blackheath cafes, boutiques, renowned Victory Theatre 15 minutes by car
- Pulpit Point, Hat Hill & Evan's Lookout
- Katoomba, Echo Point, the Three Sisters, The Scenic Skyway and Railway just 30 minutes drive
All this within 2 hours of Australia's largest city, Sydney, and all of it's attractions
* For information on internet, firewood and linen, see 'Pricing Details' below.
LAYOUT & CONFIGURATION
Location & Accommodation
Omaroo is situated in the exclusive Blue Mountains enclave of Megalong Valley, approximately 17klms from Blackheath.
A short drive along a enchanting country road leads you to the main gate, with the house set in a clearing approximately 400 metres from the road.
Living Room: Modular 6 Seater, LCD TV, DVD/CD/AM/FM/MP3/IPOD/USB Media Player, Wood Fire, Reverse Cycle Air, Views
Dining: 6 Seat Dining, Views
Kitchen: Dishwasher, Fridge, Oven, Microwave, Nespresso Coffee Machine, Views
Entertaining Deck: 6 Seat Outdoor Setting, BBQ, Views
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed, Balcony, Walk-In Robe, Ensuite, Views
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed, Balcony, Clothes Rack, Views
Bedroom 3: 2 x King Singles (can be joined), Built-in Robe, Views
Bathroom: Bath, Shower, Toilet, Vanity, Views
Laundry: Washing Machine, Dryer, Ironing Set
The great outdoors
Omaroo Megalong valley has just about everything you could want for your Blue Mountains adventure...
Walking Tracks: Klms of walks all within the boundaries of the property, including dams, lookouts, caves and thousands or acres of adjoining national park
Swimming: A large, deepwater dam and a fresh mountain stream with waterhole
Picnics: Dozens of areas to picnic, including a purpose built shelter by the dam
Wildlife: Kangaroos, wallabies, wombats, possums, turtles, birds, goannas, to name but a few.
Our goal is to offer guests affordable luxury and unbeatable value for money.
Weekly tariffs (per night)
7 nights: $165 (low) / $185 (peak)
Mid-Week tariffs (per night):
2 nights: $195 (low) / $225 (peak)
3 nights: $165 (low) / $195 (peak)
4 nights: $145 (low) / $175 (peak)
5 nights: $125 (low) / $155 (peak)
Weekend tariffs (per night):
2 nights: $325 (low) / $375 (peak)
Weekends PLUS (per night):
2+1 nights: $255 (low) / $295 (peak)
2+2 nights: $225 (low) / $255 (peak)
2+3 nights: $195 (low) / $215 (peak)
2+4 nights: $175 (low) / $195 (peak)
Public Holiday Weekends (per night):
3/4 nights: $350
Linen (per stay)
Doonas, doona cover and pillows are provided free. Full linen packs including bed sheets, pillow cases, bath towels, bath mats, hand towels and dish cloths are available for hire:
Couple/Queen Bed: $40
Individual/Single Bed: $20
Firewood (per night)
One night's worth of firewood is provided free (approx 10-12 pieces). Additional firewood is available for purchase:
Each night: $10
Internet (per Mb)
We provide complimentary WiFi internet with a daily allowance of 100Mb (suitable for general browsing, emails etc. Not intended for movies, TV, music
Excess internet: $0.10 per Mb (capped at $100).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Above accommodation tariffs are per night, prepay ('book now, pay later' rates vary). Bookings of 7 nights or more include 1 weekend for every 7 nights. Any 2 night stay including a Friday OR Saturday night is priced as a weekend. A refundable security deposit is payable on all bookings. A 2.5% processing fee applies to all credit card payments. Full Terms & Conditions apply and are provided prior to confirming your booking. Tariffs are subject to change. Offers available on Airbnb or other sites cannot be redeemed through Stayz.
Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- Pay Television, DVD player, In-house Movies/Videos, Stereo, Free WiFi
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fireplace, Heaters
- Clothes dryer, Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access, Eco-Friendly, Parking
- Truly spectacular views, 160 private acres to explore, Abundant wildlife, Klms of walking tracks , Private picnic areas, Swimming holes , Nespresso coffee machine, iPod/iPhone sound system, Dozens of DVDs