Catherine Hill Bay dusk
The Old Post Office built in the 1870s
Curl up in the front room to the sounds of
Master bedroom with king size bed
Romantic bathroom with deep clawfoot bath
Fully stocked chef's country kitchen
Unspoiled surf beach
Family and dining room filled with books,…
"Dunny" in back yard used for storage now
This 1870s "Old Post Office" is situated in the little coastal village of Catherine Hill Bay on the Wallarah Peninsula. A quaint old mining village within the City of Lake Macquarie, Catherine Hill Bay is 119 km north of Sydney via the Newcastle Freeway and the Pacific Highway. 'The Bay' nestles in a peaceful valley surrounded by high hills and bushland and is the perfect place to escape from the stresses of city life. With a spectacular surf beach diagonally across the road, this particular property is steeped in history. The Old Post Office once serviced the small village and port for the Colliery and has been refurbished to the highest standards.
- 60 mins North of Hornsby
- 90 mins North of CBD
You will be staying in a large 3-Bedroom home, with everything that you could possibly need, and more, for your perfect stay.
Accommodation is fully equipped with the following:
- Living room
- 2nd large living/TV room incorporating dining room
- Master bedroom with garden view, king size bed
- 2nd bedroom with ocean view, king size bed
- 3rd bedroom. set of bunks and single bed
- Beautiful bathroom with claw foot bath and shower over the bath
- Large fully equipped eat-in kitchen
- Laundry with washing machine
- Verandah off the front lounge room with ocean views
- Huge back garden
There is a strict NO SMOKING policy at The Old Post Office.
Pets welcome as long as they are well behaved and house-trained :-)
There is a minimum stay of 5 nights from 16 December - 15 January.
This property has the following for your enjoyment.
- Pot belly stove log fire
- Dining room & huge family room
- Separate Lounge room
- CD & TV/DVD/VCR/iPOD DOCK
- Plenty of books, DVDs and videos
Washing Machine, Dishwasher
- 2nd bedroom King size bed
- 3rd bedroom single plus bunks
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Linen Supplied
- Master bedroom king sized bed
- Open Fireplace
- Pets allowed
- Rumpus room
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- antique furniture
- beautiful bathroom with clawfoot bath
- only 1.5 hours drive from Sydney
- quaint little ex-mining village of 100 houses
- refurbished to high standards
- surf beach diagonally across road
Last minute deal!
Stay before 02 Nov 2014 for 5% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 7 adults. Property has 5 beds and can sleep a maximum 7 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field