- See all features
3 Bedroom house sleeps 6
10 mins drive from the Xmas lights…
Farm Stay with Claire & David
Huge outdoor undercover bbq area
Lounge room with sofa bed
Fully equipped kitchen
Amazing vineyard views
All linen supplied as seen
Separate shower and separate bath
Pool shower block
6 burner gas bbq
Our views to the west
Our views to the south
Our views to the north
Doggie day lounge
Genuine Dog Friendly
our lovable Kelpie cross "Angus"
Angus adds a festive touch
Secure fence around the house
Set on a 25 acre working honey and nut…
Map of our farm
99% of all our guests bring dogs
In the main Tourist area
At Blackthorn Hill Retreat pets get preferential treatment and luxury extras at this traditional homestead with modern country decor set on a 25 acre farm stay. Each pet receives a holiday ID tag during their stay, complimentary treats and a fully fenced ½ acre garden around the house where they can run free off leash.
Parents and their fur babies can relax indoors in front of the TV & cozy fire whilst pets get their own mini chaise lounge and can make use of the many items in the Pet Pamper Hamper we provide. For extra larger dogs, owners have the additional option of our Pet Safe professional kennel run so they can explore the Vineyards on our doorstep and go wine tasting in the immediate area.
To maintain a high standard for all future visitors we ensure all pets are C5 vaccinated and treated for ticks and fleas. We also include a guest information book packed with plenty of pet friendly places in the local area, as tried and tested by our loveable kelpie cross farm dog Angus who will give pets a tour of the farm if they wish.
- 1 x self-contained house (3 bedrooms) sleeps 6/8
- 270 Vineyard views
- Fully equipped kitchen (all modern inclusions)
- Private pool
- all linen supplied
- 2 showers (1 indoors - 1 outdoors)
- 2 toilets (1 indoors - 1 outdoors)
- 1 bath
- Undercover BBQ area (6 burner gas bbq)
- CD/Radio/iPod/iPhone stereo
- Flat screen TV with HDMI outlet
- DVD/VHS player
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine (restricted use due to rain water only)
- Electric flame effect Fire
- Electric Blankets
- Outdoor Patio heater
- iPad dock with Radio alarm clock
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 sofa bed
- 1 cot (no hire charge)
- Maximum 8 guests
- No smoking inside the house
- For domestic use only (no functions)
- Dogs must be C5 vaccinated, quiet and well behaved
- Check in time 2.00pm
- Departure time 10.00am
- 4 dogs max (unless authorised with the owners in advance)
- All sizes welcome
- C5 vaccinated only
- must be treated for Ticks, Fleas, & Gut worms
- Allowed indoors if well behaved
- 1/4 acre of Secure fenced garden (900mm lowest point)
- Extra-large Pet Safe kennel run on a paved base (2300mm (w) x 4000mm (L) x 1800mm (H) with shade, water & dog house.
- 'Pet Pamper Hamper' (shampoo, brush, towel, toys, etc)
- Dog/guest information book (packed full of all the best pet friendly things to do in the Hunter Valley as tried and tested by our loveable Kelpie cross farm dog)
- 4 stainless steel dog bowls
- Dog paddling pool
- Dog first aid kit
- Holiday ID tags (just incase they go on a little adventure during their stay)
- 1 small dog chaise lounge inside the house
- 1 extra large dog bed outdoors
- 1 pet dirt trap door mat (wipe paws and carry on)
- 1 pack complimentary "Natures Gift" treats
NOTE: Because full protection after a vaccination may take up to 2 weeks to become fully effective, we don't accept dogs that have had their C5 less than 2 weeks before the dates of intended stay.
GLOWING REVIEWS from non-dog owners too, WOW'ed by our cleanliness and fresh smelling accommodation.
- From Sydney CBD 2 hour drive north on the F3 freeway turn off at Kurri Kurri / Cessnock (until late 2013, when the Hunter Expressway will open taking 1/2 hour off the drive time)
- From Brisbane flying....to Newcastle ~ Virgin Airlines daily.....Car 1+ hours drive.
- From Melbourne flying....to Newcastle ~ Virgin Airlines daily ....Car 1+ hours drive
- From Adelaide flying.....to Newcastle ~ Virgin Airlines daily ....Car 1+ hours
- From Perth flying.... to Sydney ~ Virgin Airlines daily ....Car 2+ hours
- 10 minutes drive to Hunter Valley Gardens / Harrigans Irish Pub
- Cessnock: 15 minutes by car
- Singleton: 15 minutes by car
- Branxton: 6 minutes by car
- 10 minute drive to Hope Estate
- 10 minute drive to Tempus Two
- 10 minute drive to Greg Normans Golf Course The Vintage
- 2 to 5 minutes drive to wide selection of Wineries / Cellar doors / Cafes & Restaurants
(driving times are approximate due to traffic etc)
ACTIVITIES CLOSE BY:
- Wine Cheese & Chocolate Tasting
- Horse riding
- Hot air ballooning
- Bicycle hire
- Golf courses
- Glass blowing
- Concert venues
- Helicopter rides
- Brewery Tours
- Cooking schools
- Food festivals
- Garden shows
- School holiday activities for children at the Hunter Valley Gardens
- High chair
- Cot & basinet (no linen)
- Childs toilet seat
- Socket protectors
- Stop slams
- Lots of Toys
- Colouring pads and pencils
- Story books
PRICING. WATCH OUT FOR OUR SPECIAL OFFERS TOO.............. below
- MID-WEEK (SUN - THURS) - (min 1 night stay)
- Minimum 6 persons for the House @ $75 per person per night = $450.00
- 7th adult $60pn
- 8th adult $50pn
- extra children (aged over 3-12yrs) $30 pp/pn
- WEEKENDS (FRI/SAT or SAT/SUN) - (min 2 night stay)
- Minimum 6 people for the House @ $110 per person per night = $1320.00
- 7th adult $170 per weekend
- 8th adult $150 per weekend
- extra children (aged over 3-12yrs) $80 per weekend
- PUBLIC HOLIDAYS - (FRI/SAT/SUN) - (min 3 night stay)
- Minimum 6 people for the House @ $90 per person per night = $1620.00
- 7th adult $220 per weekend
- 8th adult $170 per weekend
- extra children (aged over 3-12yrs) $120 per 3nt weekend
- Children (0-3yrs) FREE
- Dogs C5 vaccinated only - FREE
* All bookings must be supported with a c/card
*last minute booking discount does not apply to special offers
- Reception: 24/7
- Amex (3.6 % surcharge applies)
- Visa / Mastercard (1.6% surcharge applies)
- Direct deposit
A really lovely few days stay guys, the only problem is we now have to leave. Will come and stay again some day soon, thanks so much. Our dogs Teddy and Kasper had so much fun.0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
Thanks for a lovely stay, it was so peaceful and well catered for. Max and Jessie our dogs had a great time, we loved it so much we've already booked to come back at Christmas to see the lights at the Hunter valley gardens with our 3 children.0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
In our busy lives it's been too difficult to find the time and space to reconnect with whats important. The beautiful home that you have created has been the perfect backdrop to 5 girls laughing, 5 girls indulging and 5 friends re-connecting. Thank you for being the secret ingredient to this perfect recipe.... wishing you all the best.0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
This is a wonderful house on a 25 acre farm. Location is conveinient and very quiet compared to some other Hunter locations. The house is well maintained, comfortable and well furnished/equipped. The owners live on site and very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommend.0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
This is the 2nd time we stayed and both times we have had a great time. We take our Golden Retriever and he loves roaming the open pastures. Claire and David are great hosts and we highly recommend a stay.0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
We love Blackthorn Hill Retreat. We have stayed before but went this time for our 25th wedding anniversary. As usual, the hospitality from Claire and David was exceptional. We and our two (now very old) dogs Coco & Kelly were made to feel very welcome. Our dogs love the farm and they enjoyed running around with Angus, although he is much too fast for them now. The home is beautiful and all our needs were catered for. Staying at Blackthorn Hill Retreat and in the Hunter Valley was a very nice treat. We would also recommend Botanica Restaurant where we had our anniversary dinner! Our memories of our stay are still with us as we brought back some of the lovely honey from the farm. We look forward to going and staying again. Michael and Jane0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
We had a delightful long weekend at Blackthorn Hill to attend a family wedding close by. The house was so welcoming and comfortable , the kitchen equipped with everything we needed, we used the BBQ and enjoyed the pool too! The view from the kitchen window left me lingering at the sink and the sunsets were beautiful . Claire made sure we had everything we needed, including a chair for my mother and Angus woofed a welcome too!!0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
A trip to remember, just the escape we needed from the city. Beautiful house, scenery and a warm welcome with a smile :)0 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
Airconditioning, Swimming Pool, Washing Machine, Parking
- 24 Hours Reception
- 2nd Outdoor shower and toilet
- Cooking Facilities
- Cot & Toys upon request
- DVD player
- Electric Blankets
- Hair dryer
- High chair
- Ironing Facilities
- Large Pet & Child Seure Fenced Garden
- Linen Supplied
- Pets Allowed Indoors
- Pets allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Towels Supplied
- Very well equiped kitchen
- Washing Machine
- ipad / ipod / iphone dock
Our price range is from $75pp/pn to $110pp/pn, (minimum 6 persons for the house). Our classification is "Budget". LAST MINUTE BOOKING DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY SPECIAL OFFERS.
Last minute deal!
Stay before 20 Dec 2013 for 20% off.
MIDWEEK DEAL - One couple (2 share) $220pn (sun - thurs only) only valid for stays during 1st Oct 2013 to 31st Jan 2014. Full T&c's apply, any bedrooms within the house not paid for will be closed off from use. C5 vaccinated dogs only.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 6 beds and can sleep a maximum 8 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field