Cicada Side entrance
Kangaroos at Cicada
Lizard Lounging on Cicadas Fence
Cicadas Open Fireplace
Steps to the fields
Hot air Balloon Nearby
BBQ and deck
Cicada Spa area
Cicada Overlook of Spa area
View from main bedroom
Cicada's Australiana Garden
CICADA COUNTRY HOUSE AND HUNTER MOON COUNTRY HOUSE YOUR PERFECT HUNTER GETAWAY-FAMILY OCCASIONS, WEDDING ACCOMMODATION, HEN'S PARTIES AND CONFERENCES! WE CAN ORGANISE TRANSPORT FOR CONCERTS OR ANY OTHER OCCASION.
*****JANUARY 2016 SPECIAL $275 PP 2NIGHTS WEEKENDS,
$215 PP 2 NIGHTS WEEKDAYS
INCLUDES FULLDAY PRIVATE WINE TOUR WITH PICK UP AND DROP OFF TO THE PROPERY AND BEAUTIFUL WELCOME BASKET WITH WINES,OILS ETC*****
**not valid Jan 1-4th 2016 and group must be 10 people and over.
*****WE NOW HAVE A BRAND NEW TOP OF THE LINE MASSAGE CHAIR FOR CICADA COUNTRY HOUSE******************************
Cicada and Hunter Moon are two luxury houses which are situated in an idyllic setting at the foothills of the Broke Fordwich mountains and between some of the best vineyards in the Hunter. Perfect spot for group or family gatherings or bridal parties. You can rent 1 or both houses. Each house has an outdoor spa in a very tranquil setting and fireplace. The perfect escape at any time of the year. The houses are about 80 meters apart and screened for you privacy. Set on 25 private acres only minutes to great restaurants and wedding venues such as Margans, Nightingales and the town of Broke. Sit on our decks and take in the views of vineyards and the kangaroos. Or stroll down and fish or paddle in the Wollombi Creek meandering around the bottom of the property. We can take 8 - 24 people depending on your needs. Both houses have everything a small or large group could hope for. Sit by the roaring fire or relax in the Spa on those cold starry nights. Chill out in central air conditioning on a hot day and take in the view down to the brook and out to the vineyards. We can help organise your tour of the vineyards or have in our 5 star inhouse chef come and cook for your group. We can help you with concert/restaurant transfers too!
To View Hunter Moon go to: http://www.stayz.com.au/133928
Cicada has the following configurations:
Bedroom 1: King Bed or King singles and 1 single beds can be set up. (total 3)
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed , Day Bed and a single bed that can be set up (total 4)
Bedroom 3: King Bed or King singles (total 2)
Bedroom 4: Queen Bed (total 2)
Library Alcove: Queen fold out sofa bed (total 2)
TOTAL: 5 COUPLES OR 11 SINGLES BED ARRANGEMENTS
Features include for Cicada:
*Full Massage Chair with MP 3 Player
*Complimentary bottle of wine, oil, coffee pods and soaps upon arrival
* Wi Fi
* Outdoor spa for 6
* Two bathrooms, one ensuite and one with separate toilet
* Large Open Fireplace with wood provided and setup for arrival
* Fully ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
* Outdoor entertainment area with seating for 12
* Large dining table for 12 people
* 6 Burner BBQ with wok
* Gourmet kitchen with gas top stove and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer
* Equipment included a Blender, Large Croc Pot, Sandwich Toaster, Rice Cooker
* Large selection of pots/pans/crockery/cutlery/utensils including chop sticks and woks
* Expresso Pod Machine, Milk Frothers, tea and sugar and basic condiments
* Outdoor spa with LED light show, massage jets and small waterfall
* Large Flat LCD TV, DVD, CD ,IPOD dock stereo
* Additional High Def PlasmaTV,DVD and X-Box in one bedroom
* Austar (full package) satellite TV
* Selection of DVDs and CD music library
* Mobile reception,
* Books, Magazines and games for all ages
* Bush Petonque/Boules
* Freshly laundered towels,crisp linen and all beds made up to hotel quality
* Bathroom amenities, Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower gel
* Fully equipped laundry, dryer, washing machine, iron
* Conference Facilities
* Double Carport
* 5 minutes to General Store
To View Hunter Moon go to: http://www.stayz.com.au/133928
Pricing is approximately $200-220 a head for 2 nights for a weekend or $130 a head for 2 nights weekdays.
WEEKEND RATES (2 nights) (Fri-Sun)
* The nightly weekend rate for Cicada is $880 per night for 8 guests (2 night minimum) - and Hunter Moon is $1100 per night for 10 guests.
* Both houses booked together $3960 for up to 18 guests.
* Extra adult guests are charged at $75 per person per night (maximum 25 people in two houses)
* Children are charge $60 per child (2years to 13 years).
* Infants under 2 are free.
* A third night stay is available at $75 per person per night
* Public Holidays are a 3 or 4 night minimum stay and are charged at the weekend rate
MID WEEK RATES - (2 nights) (Mon-Thurs)
* The nightly midweek rate for Cicada is for up to 8 guests is $500 (Minimum two nights - see one night rates below) and for Hunter Moon for up to 10 guests is $650 per night..
*Both houses booked together require a minimum of $2400 and this is for up to 18 people
* Extra adult guests are charged at $65 per person per night
* Children are charged $40 per child (2years to 13 years).
* Infants under 2 are free.
WEEKLY RATES AND LONGER STAYS
* Discounts are available on stays of 5 nights and over, please contact us for a quote.
* A deposit of 50% of the total rate is required by credit card to secure the booking. A $300 holding deposit can hold the property for 14 days if you need to collect payment from other guests.
* The outstanding balance is due 14 days before your arrival date.
* A $500 security deposit is taken on 14 days before your arrival and is fully refundable if the house and their contents do not suffer damage or loss or require excess cleaning.
* Weekend Public Holiday bookings must be for a minimum of 6 or more guests and are 3 night stays only.
* Easter, Christmas and New Year are a 3-4 night stays
***GROUP ORGANISERS MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!***
$550 PER PERSON (BASED ON 10) SPECIAL GROUP PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES:
LUXURY ACCOMMODATION FOR 2 NIGHTS
WELCOME CHEESE PLATTER AND CHOCOLATES
FRIDAY NIGHT GOURMET BBQ WITH CHEF (subject to availability)
SATURDAY FULL DAY PRIVATE WINE TOUR WITH LUNCH
SATURDAY NIGHT IN HOUSE CHEF DINING FOR 1 NIGHT 3 COURSES (subject to availability)
SUNDAY MORNING YOGA AND BRUNCH
BOTH HOUSES HAVE OUTDOOR HOT SPAS AND FIreplaces
Where we are
Less than two hours from Sydney and 90 minutes from Newcastle the Broke Fordwich area is in the southwest corner of the mid Hunter Valley. Sitting between Pokolbin and Wollombi, Broke played a critical role in the development and history of NSW.
Next door to boutique vineyards and near the olive farms of Broke , 15-20 minutes to the heart or Pokolbin for the best wine tasting and restaurants in NSW and for the golf enthusiasts, two of the best and most challenging golf courses in Australia (the Vintage and Cypress Lakes). Near great Wedding Venues.
Broke Village stands at the base of the Brokenback and Hunter Ranges on the Wollombi Brook. The massive Yellow Rock escarpment stands guard above. The Ranges shelter Broke Fordwich from much of the rainfall that surrounding districts receive. The area has a sandy loam with river flat alluvial soil, volcanic soil and pockets of red basalt giving wine producers a variety of soil types known as terra rossa.
Today Broke Fordwich is still making history. In 1994 it was the first area formally recognised as a separate viticulture. Whilst historically, it is one of the oldest wine growing areas in Australia, it is only in the last 30 years that Broke Fordwich has started to become an important player in the Australian industry.
Today, more than a quarter of the Hunters wine grape production now comes from the area and Broke Fordwich wines are winning more than their fair share of national and international awards.
Importantly, Broke Fordwich retains its integrity as a rural community remaining free of large scale development yet offering first class B&B and self catering accommodation, restaurants and activities. Visitors to the area are surprised by the amount of wildlife they see.
Airconditioning, Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- Pay Television, DVD player, In-house Movies/Videos, Stereo, Free WiFi
- High chair, Cot
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Linen Supplied, Ironing Facilities, Towels Supplied
- Heated Spa (not spa bath), Video Games
- Airconditioning, Open Fireplace, Heaters
- Clothes dryer, Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access, Conference Facilities, Eco-Friendly, Parking
- Fishing, X-Box with Kinect, Daily Kangaroos, Ipod docking station, Austar with full package, Close to cellar doors and resutarants, Top level Massage Chair, DVD ,Book Library, Board Games, Private walks, Retreats