- See all features
Private 11 acre property
Space to play
Make a wish in the Wishing Tree
Sit around the camp fire, laugh with…
4 double bedrooms
Quality linen supplied
Comfortable lounges seats 10
2 clean bathrooms
2 clean bathrooms and laundry
Hallway and nice art
Plenty of dining seats
Games room and spare beds
Pool and snooker table. Games room
Pool and snooker in the games room
Gas BBQ seating and ping pong undercover
Something for everyone
Ping pong undercover. Keeps you fit
Fresh air. Have fun
Camp fire. Roast marshmallows
Wood fired BBQ. Free firewood. Taste the…
Wishing tree. Make a wish. Fun for all
Tree house with swing. Adventure
Cute mini horses eat bread, apples and…
Please stay. Im lonely. I miss you. I am…
Brush pat and feed horses
AVALOKA is best value for money, high quality and very clean throughout.
Australian and International Visitors are Very Welcome.
Read Guest Book. 100% positive reviews from 33 former guests.
* 4 double bedrooms.
* 9 beds plus a double sofa bed, that's 10 beds.
* Bedroom 1 has one Queen bed.
* Bedroom 2 has one Queen.
* Bedroom 3 has one Double.
* Bedroom 4 has 4 singles.
* Plus another 2 single beds and a double sofa bed in the games/rumpus room.
* Comfortably sleeping 10 people in 4 large double bedrooms or 14 people sharing.
* Cot for baby. (Please bring your baby's mattress, pillow and blankets).
* Quality linen, blankets, electric blankets (in winter), doonas and towels are supplied.
* Pool snooker table.
* Ping pong table.
* Air conditioned, fully insulated.
* In house DVD movies.
* Flat screen TV.
* Free WIFI.
* Two BBQs. One wood fired BBQ outdoors and a one gas BBQ undercover.
* Camp fire - free firewood. (Subject to seasonal conditions)
* Slow combustion wood fire in winter - free firewood.
* Horse lovers. You can organise a feeding and grooming lesson. Ring the owner.
* Bonding with horses is a unique and memorable experience.
* 'Wishing Tree' tree house cubby. 'MAKE A WISH'.
* Children's swings.
* Dolls house.
* Pat and feed horses over the fence. They love bread, carrots and apple. Its fun.
* Books, toys and dolls.
* Space to play and run around.
* In house DVDs for children.
* Kitchen with pots, pans, plates, cutlery, stove with oven, microwave, fridge.
* All you need for cooking.
* High chair for baby with security restraint.
* Kitchenette in the games room with a 2nd fridge, sink and jug.
* A range of teas, coffee, sugar, cereal, salt and pepper supplied.
* Complimentary box of chocolates on arrival.
* 2 very clean private bathrooms with freshly laundered towels supplied.
* Laundry with washing machine and tub.
* Laundry detergent supplied.
* Clothes lines and drying racks.
* Natural habitat for wildlife and birds.
* Breath the clean country air.
* Beautiful natural countryside with valley to mountain scenery.
* Enjoy nature with friends and family in the gardens with plenty of space to play.
* AVALOKA is located in the pretty Mulbring Valley, gateway to the Vineyards and Wineries, at the foot of majestic Mount Vincent, one hour north of Hornsby, 20 minutes to Pokolbin, 15 minutes to Cessnock, 7 minutes to Kurri Kurri, 2 minutes to Mulbring and 40 minutes to Newcastle.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES
* We can vary the check in time and extend the check out time to suit you subject to other bookings.
* Please confirm your preference before arrival. Normal check in/out 12 noon.
TOURS AND TRANSPORT
* Rover Coaches pick up here at your door for Vineyard, Winery and Hunter Valley Garden Tours. Rovers pick up at the end of this street to transfer you to Concerts.
Contact and book Rovers well in advance of your stay.
* A minibus and driver is available for hire seating 10 passengers to transport to train, airport or concert venues. Additional inexpensive costs apply.
Stay the third night Monday to Thursday for $150 for 8 to 10 people (excluding holidays)
EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS
* 25% deposit, final payment 7 days before arriving.
* Credit Card via PayPal.
* Or Bank Transfer to Commonwealth account.
* Or cheque.
* Or for late bookings cash on arrival.
* Or phone us to discuss alternatives.
THE NAME AVALOKA
Avaloka is a derivation of Avalokiteshvara, a Buddhist Bodhisattva.
The Chinese equivalent is the beautifully white robed Goddess of Mercy Kuan Yin.
THINGS TO DO
WHATS ON IN THE HUNTER VALLEY NEAR TO AVALOKA
* AVALOKA is centrally located between the following places and is a great base to explore the:-
* Hunter Valley Gardens.
* Vineyards, Wineries, Restaurants and Concerts.
* Chocolate Factory
* Olive and Cheese Works.
* Historic Morpeth, Wollombi and Maitland.
* Hunter Valley Zoo and the Elephant Shop Cooranbong.
* AA Horse Riding and Hunter Valley Trail Rides.
* Richmond Vale Railway Museum.
* Mulbring Valley Water Garden.
* Mulbring Tennis Courts.
* Lake MacQuarie for boating and fishing.
* Newcastle's Nobby's beach and restaurants on Darby Street.
* Bush walking, Hot Air Ballooning, golfing.
WHATS ON EACH MONTH IN THE HUNTER VALLEY
Get more details for the following events OnLine.
1 - 17th Rose Spectacular Hunter Valley Gardens
17 - 30th Christmas Lights Spectacular Hunter Valley Gardens
1st - 30th Christmas Lights Spectacular Hunter Valley Gardens (Unforgetable)
13th Official Opening of Hunterlink Freeway
14th Alicia Keys at Hope Estate (Groovy)
1st - 26th Christmas Lights Spectacular Hunter Valley Gardens (Bring the kids)
1st Hunters and Collectors Bimbadgen Winery (Cool)
22nd Bruce Springsteen Hope Estate (Rockin')
23rd Bruce Springsteen 2nd Concert (Oh yeah)
Hi JonThanks for a great place to stay! The house was comfy, clean and had everything we needed. The highlights were the "wishing tree" treehouse, the fireplace (since we had a chilly rainy night), the kids dvd's available, use of your veggie garden and last but not least brushing, patting & feeding Honey, your gorgeous Arabian Mare! Thanks also for supplying breakfast goodies - meant we didn't have to go out to find a shop to buy brekky! Kids LOVED it and we'll be back!1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
The house and garden are beautiful. This was a great retreat for our three children as they enjoyed the tree house and the safe open spaces. The house was very clean and welcoming. Items were well stocked. Overall, the property was a pardise to enjoy!!1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
We loved it. The house was ideal for our group of 5 as we could all have our own facilities. Every request was made really easy by the owner as we had to leave later on the last day. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. We would certainly stay there again.1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
We had a fantastic stay over the weekend. The cottage was clean and cosy. We loved that the beds had electric blankets and the fireplace kept the chill at bay. Next time we will have to stay for much longer than just the weekend1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
thankyou jon for a couple of most enjoyable days. The cottage is very cosy, warm and clean. The children loved the tree house, horses and having plenty of room to run around. Nice quiet and secluded but within easy driving distance of many places. It had everything we needed and more.1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
We found a new gem in the middle of the Hunter! Thank you for a wonderful weekend at your property - which really has everything that is needed for that special break away. We loved the fire and all other facilities and the fact that its so private and yet so central. We shall be back soon!1 people found this review to be helpful. 0 people found this review to not be helpful.
Airconditioning, Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Parking
- Camp fire, gas and wood BBQs.
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Dolls house
- Free WiFi
- Fresh air - enjoy nature.
- High chair
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Pat and feed horses
- Ping pong table
- Pool and snooker table
- Rumpus room
- Suits families and friends
- Towels Supplied
- Undercover entertaining
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access
- Wishing Tree Tree House
Big discounts for 3 to 7 night stays. Adult rate 16 years and over. Babies not using our beds are free. Babies using our beds charged at children's rate.
Stay a third night mid week for just $150 (excluding holidays). Stay 7 nights for $1290 for 8 people. Pool-snooker table. Wishing Tree-Tree house. Camp fire. Miniature horse.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 8 adults. Property has 9 beds and can sleep a maximum 10 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field