Mel Vedere Holiday House is a neat & tidy 2/3 bedroom home which comfortably accommodates 6 people (MAX 4 Adults & 2 Adults). The property offers great value for the budget conscious family looking for holiday accommodation in popular Shellharbour.
PROPERTY FEATURES :-
- Main bedroom with 1 queen bed
- Second bedroom with 1 double bed
- Open room off loungeroom with 2 single beds
- Modern kitchen with fridge & microwave
- Tiled dining area off kitchen leading to loungeroom
- Sunny loungeroom with TV, stereo & DVD player
- Enclosed yard
- BBQ area with open fire BBQ & outdoor setting
- Off street parking
$$ RATES FOR 2015 $$
* JAN 7nights $840
* FEB 7nights $700
* MAR 7nights $620
* APRIL 7nights $640
* EASTER HOLIDAYS 7nights $680
* MAY/JUN/JUL/AUG 7nights $580
* SEPT & OCT 7nights $630
* SEPT / OCT SCHOOL HOLIDAYS $680
* NOV 7nights $700
* DEC 7 nights $700
* DEC XMAS HOLIDAYS 7 nights $850
- Rates above are based on 2 Adults & 2children (or 3 Adults)
- Min stay throughout the year is 3 nights $480 except for school holidays
- Min stay during School Holidays is 7 nights - usually running Saturday to Saturday
* sorry but we are unable to accommodate last minute bookings
* bookings must be made & payments must be received 7 days prior to arrival
* guests need to bring their own linen
* Property accommodates 6 guests ( 4 ADULTS MAX)
* no parties, bucks nights, schoolies permitted
SHELLHARBOUR is located on the South Coast of NSW.
.... by car Shellharbour is approximately 1.5 hours south of Sydney & about 2.5 hours from Canberra. You can also get to there by coach or train. The nearest train station is Dunmore (Shellharbour) or Albion Park Rail.
MEL VEDERE holiday home is located in Addison Street which runs through the heart of the local village. This convenient location offers means that the harbour, shops, cafes & restaurants all within walking distance.
The local village is 3 minutes away by foot. It is lined with trendy cafes, boutique specialty shops, an ice-creamery, general store, bakery, butcher, beauty salon etc. The Village offers a variety of fine dining restaurants with extensive menus from Seafood, Thai, Chinese, Italian & Indian just to name a few. Enjoy the friendly village atmosphere.
As you stroll along the village for another 5-7 minutes you will reach the harbour foreshore. It is one of the main attractions of Shellharbour. There is a picnic area & park along the water front which is a great little spot to have enjoy some fish and chip, have a picnic or relax under a tree. For the kids this area offers hours of fun ... there is a little playground and a bike track. Plus a small beach for the children to swim in or a little further down there are two salt water rock pools - one perfect for kids.
The boat ramp is a 2 minute drive, making it handy for the fishermen or boating enthusiasts.
The local pub sits right at the end of Addison Street. It is a popular place for both locals and visitors. Have a drink and enjoy a meal on the balcony - it offers a fabulous view over the harbour.
Across the road from Mel Vedere is a huge park for the kids to run around, fly a kite or kick a ball. There is even a skateboard ramp. The Golf course which is only a 5 minute walk boasts a challenging round of golf for the golf enthusiasts.
Shellharbour Workers Club is also within walking distance. This is a great place for a night out - dancing, watching a live band or playing the pokies. Approx 5 minute walk.
The club was recently renovated and has a spacious bistro area with an undercover playing area for the children.
Attractions & Activities
Here is a list of some of the many attractions to visit and activities to do in and around Shellharbour.
For the KIDS .....
- ten pin bowling
- bike riding
- a fun filled day at Jamberoo Recreation Park
For the FAMILY .....
- a number of picnic grounds and parks with BBQ facilities
- two local beaches
- bike riding
- bush walking
For the LADIES
- relax and unwind by treating yourself at the local Day Spa
- pamper yourself at one of many beauty salons and hair salons
- Shellharbour Village has a wide selection of stores from crafts to fancy boutiques
- Stockland Shopping Centre is only a 5 minute drive away
For the GUYS ......
- Fishing - on the beach, off the wharf, rock fishing or deep sea fishing
- Surfing in clean, unspoilt beaches stretching along 20km of coastline
- Golf at the Links Shellh Cove Golf Course
- Scuba Diving & snorkelling at Bushranger's Bay Marine Aquatic Reserve & Bass Point
BEACHES - there are 2 local beaches , only about a 2 minute drive away. They are a must to visit !!
> South beach - less crowded & also a great place to swim
> North beach - great place for swimming & surfing as the beach is patrolled during the holidays
DAY TRIPS - from Shellharbour take a scenic drive and ....
> Head south to Kiama & visit the popular Blowhole (10 mins)
> Enjoy a day in Gerringong/Gerroa (20-30 min drive)
> Visit historical Berry (30-40mins)
> Visit Lake Illawarra and its many beaches & parks
> Spend a day at Minnamurra Falls
> Spend a day in the town of Kangaroo Valley (1.5 hours)
> Head north to the city of Wollongong (20 min drive)
> Visit the little coast towns of Bulli, Thirroul & Austinmer (40-60min drive)
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Enclosed Yard
- Ironing Facilities
- New kitchen - well equipped
- Off street parking
- Oil heater
- Outdoor table & chairs
- Sunny & spacious loungeroom
Rates based on 2Adults & 2children OR 3 Adult
*** EASTER 2015 SPECIAL **** ( 7 4 -11 April ..... 7 night stay NOW $720 11-18 April ..... 7 night stay NOW $720 Rates based on 2 Adults & 2 children OR 3 Adults. Contact owner for all terms & conditions
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 3 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field