You have the 150 acres to yourself and it is close to great attractions. The farm has friendly Boer goats, alpacas and small Irish Dexter cattle. There are 340 million year old fossils to collect. The terrain is mostly flat country and a creek flows 1km along one boundary. Take nature walks and see the wildlife - especially birds, wallabies, & goannas.
The house is a small four bedroom cottage with a large covered veranda. It has a bath/shower, separate toilet and ensuite in the main bedroom. There is a well equipped kitchen- gas cooktop and oven, dishwasher. The lounge room has a comfy leather lounge, is reverse cycled air conditioned as is one of the bedrooms. There are polished floorboards and ceiling fans throughout. One bedroom has a Queen size bed, one has a Queen bed, the other two rooms have two single beds each. There is also a trundle with mattresses to give flexibility in the sleeping arrangements. The house is surrounded by a nice garden in the twp acre house paddock.
The house has internet broadband.
You will find books & magazines to read, two TVs and DVD/VCR, Xbox, Wii (some games but bring your own) , gas and wood BBQs and a phone for local calls.
There is a table-tennis table, cricket gear swing set and a trampoline.
Pets are very welcome but normally must stay out of the house. The "house paddock" is well fenced to keep most dogs in and the undercover veranda will protect them in bad weather.
Our insurance company has advised that we cannot be insured if you want to ride trail bikes, so sorry but these are not allowed.
It is located about 2.5 hours drive north of northern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. From Sydney follow the F3 freeway north to Bulahdelah. The farm is only 10 mins drive from the town of Bulahdelah and only 5 mins from the Pacific Highway.
Fingal Farm has solar panels and exports "green" electricity to the electricity grid.
If Fingal Farm is booked out when you want it, then have a look at Fingal Beachhouse instead. (www.stayz.com.au/27108).
The calendar is always up to date and the detailed tariffs for the whole year are shown on this website.
Things to do on the farm
You may be happy just to sit on the large veranda and soak up the relaxed atmosphere. But there is a lot to see and do:
* Explore the old quarry and find Brachiopod fossils;
* Feed Silver Perch in the house paddock dam;
* Feed and pat the friendly goats;
* Feed the sheep, alpacas & Dexter cattle;
* Explore the farm- find the billabongs and creek flowing into Myall Lakes; and
* See the wallabies in the morning and evening;
Sorry, but we now normally do not allow trail bike riding, due to pasture damage.
Things to do in the area, climate
*25 mins drive to beautiful surf beaches- Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms. Another 20 mins to Foster and Taree;
*10 mins drive to Bulahdelah shops (bakery, cafes, garages, churches, supermarket, Chemist, Post Office, hotel, hospital);
* Visit the tallest tree in NSW- about 15 mins from the farm;
* Fishing, exploring and boating at Myall Lakes, 15mins drive;
* Kayak on the local lakes and rivers.
* Bush walk, maybe climb Alum Mountain that overlooks Bulahdelah and the surrounding district;
* Mountain bike or trail bike in the State forest (BYO bikes);
* After your activities, buy some of the famous pork sausages from the Bulahdelah butcher- he wins prizes!;
*Take the car ferry & visit Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens; and
* Explore sand dunes, look for koalas, dolphins and whales.
The climate is generally very comfortable, year round:
* Min daily temperature range 6C-17C (July), a few frosts
* Max daily temperature range 18C-27C (Jan), some hot days
* Beach water temp: 17C (Jul, Aug, Sep), 24C(Mar, Apr May)
* Rainfall: About the same as Sydney. 1200mm-1400mm
Airconditioning, Washing Machine, Dishwasher
- Pay Television, DVD player, In-house Movies/Videos, Stereo, Free WiFi
- High chair, Pets allowed, Playground, Cot
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Ironing Facilities
- Video Games
- Airconditioning, Heaters
- Clothes dryer, Washing Machine
- INTERNET, Boundary creek & nature trails, Hi chair & Portable cot, Fossils, Linen optional , Sheep, alpacas, Boer goats & minature Dexter cattle