Solar Heated Salt Water Pool
Well equipped spacious Kitchen
First Floor Deck
Main Living Area
Pavilion Bedroom 2
Views from the deck
First floor ensuite Bathroom
Playing in the Pool
Lower Floor Bedroom 3
Open plan kitchen
Lower floor Rumpus Room
View of House from Below
Lower floor Bunk Bedroom
Akama Beach House - Smiths Lake
Champer by the Pool
Single Kayak can be tied to roof racks
Large Gas BBQ
Views from first floor deck
Library with books, puzzles, games
Fold Out Sofa Bed
Folds Out to Single Sofa Bed
Lakes edge in front of House
Frothy Coffee at Amaroo Point
Amaroo Point Sandbar
South Boomerang Surf Beach
Double Kayak on wheels to walk to lake
Playing on Lakes Edge
Lower floor Deck
Gaggia Coffee Machine
Cellito boardwalk from car park to the…
Celitto beach northern corner
This spacious 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom holiday home is suspended in the trees overlooking the beautiful Smiths Lake and the Sandbar with filtered views to Cellito Beach.
Relax and unwind on one of the four outdoor decks, cook up a storm in the well equipped kitchen or cool down with a dip in the pool. Lots of room for families sharing or a few couples getting away from it all. Only meters to the sandy beach on the lakes edge, or a few minutes drive to local surf beaches Cellito, Blueys and Boomerang, or the kids friendly Elizabeth beach.
Akama has open plan living/kitchen areas, polished timber flooring throughout, cross ventilation and ceiling fans ensure comfort in the summer, and a gas fireplace becomes the heart of the house on winter evenings.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (Please refer to our floor plan in the photo gallery)
* First Floor bedroom 1 - sliding door opens to back deck with pool views. Queen bed, ceiling fan and ensuite bathroom with deep soak bath & shower. Can be closed off from the main house for privacy via a sliding door.
* First Floor bedroom 2 - (The Pavilion) - Stands seperate to the house. Sliding door opens to back deck, overlooks the pool with views to lake. Queen bed, TV & DVD player, ceiling fan, and ensuite bathroom with shower.
* Lower Floor bedroom 3 - Sliding doors open to lower deck with lake views. Queen bed, ceiling fan, Ipod docking station and ensuite bathroom with shower. This room also has an ajoining study/baby room and can be closed off from the rumpus room to ensure peace & quiet. The baby cot/bassinet can be set up here to be close to mom & dad.
* Lower Floor bedroom 4 - opens to rumpus room. Double bed and single bunk above, also contains a slide out trundle single bed.Ideal for the kids getaway.
* The 2 leather sofas in the lower floor Rumpus room fold out to double beds and the two 2 single foam sofas fold out to single beds.
* Fully equipped for babies & toddlers with Baby Bassinett, Bath, Porta Cot, 2 x High Chairs, Fold Up Pram & Safety Gate for internal stairs.
* Plus DVD's, books, puzzles, floor activity mat and toy box.
* Older kids have a choice of books, puzzles and games, and the Rumpus room downstairs has a DVD player & TV for children to have quiet time away from the adults.
* The kitchen is equipped for the most enthusiastic chef with Bosch ceramic cooktop, oven & warming drawer, dishwasher, microwave, wine fridge & 2 x coffee machines and plenty of space to work with 3 metre kitchen island.
* Large Gas BBQ on the first floor deck for outdoor cooking. Watch the kookaburras don't steal your dinner, they're very cheeky.
We love our coffee and Akama has two coffee machines for use.
* A Nespresso coffee machine and milk frother. Nespresso coffee capsules can only be ordered online at [nespresso"dot"com] or from one of their shops, so stock up.
* We also have a Gaggia coffee machine and coffee bean grinder available. This takes standard coffee beans in the grinder, or normal filter coffee
* For the old fashioned way .. we also have a large coffee plunger for standard filter coffee
* First floor - Surround sound, large LCD flat screen TV, and CD/DVD home theatre system. Akama is wired for sound, so you can listen to music via outdoor Bose speakers in the pool area, decks and living area. AUSTAR TV with MOVIES & FOX SPORTS. IPOD docking station connected to home theatre system. Library with books, games, puzzles & magazines to browse
* Lower floor - Flat screen TV with local terrestrial channels and DVD player.
* Pavilion bedroom - Wall mounted TV with local terrestrial channels & DVD player
TOYS & SPORTS EQUIPMENT
(All stored in the garage)
* Double seater Kayak with wheels for easy access to the lake
* Single seater Kayak - fits on roof racks
* Table Tennis with bats & balls
* Various sized Boogie boards
COME ENJOY THE POOL
* 5m x 4m Salt water SOLAR HEATED POOL - chill out after a long day on the beach or lake. The surrounding decking is the perfect place to suntan and entertain in private. Includes outdoor hot water shower to rinse off after a surf or swim. Pool noodles and blow up toys are stored in the garage.
* Please note that we turn off the solar heating in winter (June-Aug)
* Full laundry facilities with Washing Machine, Dryer, Sink, Clothes Horse & Washing Line downstairs.
WHAT ABOUT WINTER?
* Real flame gas fireplace makes the house cozy & warm in winter, plus oil heaters in all bedrooms. All bathrooms have heating lights & heated towel rails.
WHERE CAN I PARK MY CAR / BOAT?
* Double Garage and off-street parking for trailers/boats
* All beds are dressed on arrival with pillows & pillow slips, duvets & duvet covers and mattress
protectors. You only need to bring sheets and towels (and full bedding for the cot or bassinet if you will be using them). This is included in our standard accommodation price.
* A FULL LINEN service can be supplied at extra cost
Queen and Double packs $50
Single packs $40
Linen Packs include: All bedding, towels, hand towels, bath mat, face washers, tea towels and beds made up ready for your arrival.
A PAYG Telstra 3G USB card is available. Easy to recharge online, via a phone call or from a newsagent.
We understand that pets are part of the family, so well behaved dogs are welcome with prior approval from the owner. We only have wooden decks which are enclosed, so they need to be let out for toilet breaks and we ask that pets won't be left in the house or on the property alone.
LOCAL AREA DETAILS
Smiths Lake is a saltwater inlet separated from the ocean by a natural sandbar. Walk 20 metres from the house to a lovely white sand beach on the lake front. The lake water is calm and offers swimming, fishing, watersports.
Cellito, Blueys and Boomerang are fantastic surf beaches a 5min drive away. Elizabeth beach is wonderful for kids as it's a protected bay with no waves. Shelley beach is also protected, great for fishing and accessed by a lovely little nature walk.
Smith Lake Shops are a few minutes stroll away with a supermarket, butcher, baker, liquor store, hair dressers and dine in/takeaway food from the Lakes cafe. Fab Tapas on offer Friday & Saturday nights and their breakfasts are fantastic.
The Frothy Coffee Boatshed is a 10-15min walk (2min drive). The Frothy Coffee is on the lakes edge with dine in/takeaway food, a lovely childrens playground, a white sandbar with shallow safe swimming for kids, great fishing, boat hire, a boat ramp for water access and lots of opportunity to feed the fish breadcrumbs & lie in shade of the gum trees.
A 5 min drive to Blueys offers the Twenty by Twelve cafe, Fish & Chip take aways, and the fantastic Buddah on the Lake restaurant.
Forster/Tuncurry is a 20min drive further north and has a large shopping centre, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, bowling, boat and fishing cruises etc.
The Pacific Palm Markets are held on the last Sunday of the month, with extra markets in the holidays. Located at the Pacific Palms Community Centre, The Lakes Way. The area comes alive with music, kids games & playground, coffee, food and a really great vibe ...go and experience it for yourself!
Other activities include golf, tennis, bushwalking, local markets, 4WD trails and horseriding.
Our guest book found on the lounge coffee table has maps and lots of pamphlets from the surrounding areas. Full of ideas to entertain you.
Swimming Pool, Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- 2 x COFFEE Machines. Nespresso and Gaggia with Grinder & Milk Frother
- 2 x KAYAKs, TABLE TENNIS, Boogie Boards
- AUSTAR MOVIES & SPORT
- BABY Bassinet, Bath, Porta COT, High Chair x 2, Play Mat & Safety Gate, Fold Up Pram
- CHILDRENS books, DVD's, toy box
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Gas FIREplace
- HUGE Flat Screen TV with Surround Sound
- High chair
- IPOD docking station wired into Stereo
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Library, puzzles and magazines
- Pay Television
- Pets allowed
- Rumpus room
- Swimming Pool
- Washing Machine
** ALL TARIFFS BASED ON UP TO 6 PEOPLE ** Once off surcharge per extra Adult $100, Child $50 Children under 3 stay FREE Mid week bookings minimum of 3 nights MINIMUM RATE FOR ANY BOOKING IS $800
Extra FREE night with every weekend booking or late Sunday check out available July & Aug
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 8 beds and can sleep a maximum 12 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field