Aquila is an exquisite mountain retreat located in the beautiful Wilson's Creek region of the Byron Bay Hinterland.
The 130 acre property commands one of the most breath-taking views in the hinterland. Sitting atop a ridge at the eastern end of the Koonyum Range, it has 270 degree panoramic views that take in the Boogarem Falls, Mount Chincogan, Byron Bay and the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
The epitome of privacy and seclusion, Aquila is ideal of couples, or small groups, looking to relax and rejuvenate in an area of outstanding natural beauty. You'll only have to share it with the Wedge-tailed eagles that nest on the property.
This exquisite mountain chalet with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, spa room and 12m lap pool, captures the 'organic' architectural ideals of the famed American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. The blue stone walls are raw and defiant, the weathered chocolate cedar rich and textured, the expansive black-tinted windows private and reflective, and the roof lines eye-catching from every angle of the 2 acres of landscaped surrounds. The interior perfectly echoes the exterior with cool black slate floors, raw blue stone feature walls, and redolent oregon combined to great effect. The result is a triumph of design and craftsmanship that sits in perfect harmony with its spectacular and dramatic surrounds.
Watch the sunrise over Australia's most easterly point, as the morning mist hugs the valley floor. Enjoy an espresso or herbal tea in the 'conversation pit' and take in the spectacular Boogarem escarpment with its waterfalls. Rock on the swing-seat and be mesmerised by the Wedge-tail eagles as they soar on the thermals over hinterland valleys. Walk the 400m 'razorback' track at your door to the Eagle's Eyrie lookout and take in the stunning panoramic coastal views. Take up your favourite yoga positions on the expansive lawns. Watch the emerald butterflies dance around the native wildflowers, spot the vibrant green tree frogs hiding in the foliage or welcome the local wallabies that visit the residence. Pamper yourself with some aromatherapy and a spa bath, a massage on the terrace, or simply float around in the 12m salt water lap pool. Take a book and sit in solitude on the jetty overlooking the dam. And as night falls, relax into the leather lounges beside the open fire place, listen to deafening silence of nature and watch the blinking of the Cape Byron lighthouse in the distance.
Aquila is the perfect destination for your next holiday.
Master bedroom - king bed with ensuite upstairs
Bedroom 1 - queen bed
Bedroom 2 - queen bed
Plus adjoining spa suite with views to Byron Bay (perfect for massage table).
10 min to Mullumbimby
20 min to Brunswick & beaches
30 min to Byron Bay
45 min to Gold Coast Airport
New Year's & first week of January
$6,000 per week (7 night minimum stay)
Easter & Christmas
$700 per night or $4,500 per week (5 night minimum stay)
School Holidays & Long Weekends
$600 per night or $3,800 per week (5 night minimum stay)
Splendour in the Grass
$750 per night (4 night minimum)
Winter months - June, July & August
$485 per night or $2,800 per week (3 night minimum stay)
All other times of the year
$550 per night or $3,200 per week (3 night minimum stay)
Plus a one off $100 cleaning fee per booking.
The house comes equipped with all the first class items you would expect:
· LCD flat screen televisions with DVD players in each of the three bedrooms and selection of DVDs
· Bose portable i-pod docking station and CD player
· Fully equipped gourmet kitchen including fresh coffee for the espresso machine as well as a selection of fine herbal teas
· Quality linen & bedding
· Fleecy robes for colder nights and soft flowing wraps for the warmer days
· Fully equipped laundry
· 12 metre lap pool
· Outdoor gas BBQ and dining setting
· Large spa room
Relax and rejuvenate:
· Watch the sunrise over Australia’s most easterly point, as the morning mist hugs the valley floor.
· Enjoy an espresso, or some yoga, in the 'conversation pit' and take in the spectacular Boogarem escarpment with its water falls
· Rock on the swing-seat and be mesmerised by the Wedge-tail Eagles (Aquila audax) as they soar on the thermals over hinterland valleys.
· Walk the private 400m ‘razorback’ track at your door to the Eagle’s Eyrie lookout and take in the stunning panoramic coastal views.
· Watch the emerald butterflies dance around the native wildflowers, copper-tailed skinks scatter on the rock walls, green tree frogs hiding on the plants, and the local wallabies that visit the residence.
· Pamper yourself with some aromatherapy and a spa bath, a massage on the terrace, and revive with a swim in the 12m salt water lap pool.
· Take a book and sit in solitude on the jetty overlooking the dam.
· And as night falls, relax into the leather lounges beside the open fire place, listen to deafening silence of nature and watch the blinking of the Cape Byron lighthouse in the distance.
Where is the property?
Aquila is ~10 mins drive from the vibrant township of Mullumbimby, ~30 mins to Byron Bay and its beautiful beaches, and ~45 mins from Gold Coast Airport.
How do we get there?
Please view map at the top of this page under the photo gallery.
Is it safe for children?
Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Swimming Pool, Washing Machine
- DVD player, In-house Movies/Videos
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave
- Linen Supplied, Ironing Facilities
- Swimming Pool, Heated Spa (not spa bath)
- Open Fireplace, Spa Bath
- Clothes dryer, Washing Machine
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 3 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field