Racecourse Mt Selwyn
2nd bedroom 2012
Mt Selwyn (Dont forget your chains)
main bedroom 2012
blue water hole
Autumn Trees in our Street
Jounama creek 2
Golf Club fairways looking West
17 Ryan St
Talbingo Golf Club and Tennis Courts
New Chair lift @ Mt Selwyn
Hot 6 person Outdoor Spa.
Main Bedroom 1 x Queen bed (2) TV/DVD
2nd Bedroom 2 x Trio Bunks (6) TV/DVD
3rd Bedroom/Sleepout 1 x Single Bunks (2)
Loungeroom 1 x Sofa bed (2) TV/DVD
Family room with TV, DVD . NEW WOOD HEATER.
New TV/DVD's in bedrooms ideal for movies.
Bring your hard drive with movies. We have a collection of DVD's.
Outside covered deck with Spa,BBQ, Gas Pizza Oven.Reverse -cycle heating/cooling,in living & kitchen, kids bedroom, fan in main bedroom.
Washing machine, new dryer,
Electric blankets on all beds.
Shower with kids bath.
Electric stove, microwave,
New slow combustion wood fire.
Secure large leafy tree lined yard, great for pets and children
Off street secure parking for boats,
Doonas,pillows and electric blankets are provided. You will need to bring or hire sheets, pillow cases and towels. A Linen service can be arranged for $10/head.
Things to See and Do
An ideal spot for learners where skiing is at its most affordable. Why pay the ticket prices of the big resorts when you can't ski on half the terrain? Selwyn caters for up to 2000 people per day, and offers food and retail outlets, equipment and clothing hire, and ski school.
Two snow tube parks are both serviced by lifts. There is also a toboggan park (without lift). Also snowshoeing and snow biking.
A comfortable 2.5-hour drive from Canberra, 5.5 hours from Sydney or 6.5 hours from Melbourne. Turn off at Cooma. Day parking is free. There is no overnight parking. National park entry fee is $27 per vehicle. Snow chains are advisable. Although Talbingo is below the snowline, the ski slopes of Mt Selwyn are only 40 minutes away via the Snowy Mountains Highway open all year.
Mt Selwyn offers 12 ski lifts, at the lowest prices in the NSW Snowies! Toboggan runs and beginners slopes are provided. Also a ski school. Some of the finest cross country ski tours in Australia are a feature of this area.
Check out the latest snow report for Mt Selwyn on the world wide web or from Talbingo Supermarket by 8am every morning during the ski season. Snow Gear for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo.
Skiable area: 45ha
Terrain: Easiest 40 per cent, more difficult 48 per cent, most difficult 12 per cent
Lifts: 10 plus two snow tube lifts
Highest elevation: 1614m
Lowest elevation: 1492m
Lifting capacity: 9500 people per hour
Cross-country skiing: 45km of marked trails ranging from 2.5-15km.
* WATERSPORTS: Talbingo is the centre of immense waterways. Talbingo, Blowering and Jounama Lakes offer 6500 hectares of recreational water for fishing. On Talbingo and Blowering: water skiing, sailing, canoeing and swimming are every day activities during the warmer weather. 5 HP, 4.3 metre motor boats and trailers for hire locally from tourist park - no licence required. Other watersport gear including canoes, kayaks and water ski gear can be hired from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo.
*MOUNTAIN BIKING - 100's of kms of trails to explore right from Talbingo. Mountain BIkes available from hire from goPLAYoutside
Kosciusko National Park; Yarrangobilly Caves and 27 degree thermal pool (all year round); Mountain Huts; Historic Kiandra Goldfields; Blue Water Holes, Tumut 3 Power Station (biggest Hydro Power Station in the Snowy Scheme, Talbingo Dam
Batlow for apples; Bago State Forest, Buddong Falls and much, much more.
All year for rainbow trout, brown trout and redfin on Lakes Talbingo, Blowering, Jounama or Tantangara. Or in season in the numerous streams running out of the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Some good Murray Cod and other native fish are caught in Blowering Dam. Jounama Classic - special fishing & boating weekend in Jounama pondage - occurs annually on last Saturday in October every year. Fishing Rods for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo. Fishing tackle, supplies & bait from either Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Service Station.
* SWIMMING: A magnificent, safe area has been allocated near Talbingo Dam specifically for swimmers. The views are unbelievable and the water as clear as a bell! This area is just 5-10 minutes from Stellas by car. There are many swimming holes in the local creeks including Jounama Creek.
* GOLF & TENNIS: 9 hole golf course and two tennis courts for hire available at the Talbingo Country Club - just down the road! Golf & tennis gear can be hired in Talbingo or BYO.
* BUSHWALKING: Choice of walks in the Kosciusko National Park or the largest state forest in Australia for both experienced and dedicated walkers, as well as for those who love to wander in our natural environment. This area is a bushwalker's delight! Hume & Hovell Walking Track, Buddong Falls, Old Mountain Road, Jounama Creek, Mill Creek Falls, Lander's Creek Falls, Big Talbingo Mountain, Warogong Sugarloaf, Red Hill Road, Cliffords Creek, Blowering Cliffs and other beautiful scenery and views.
* Talbingo Country Club (200+m)
* Historic Gold Mining Town of Kiandra and Adelong
* Other Towns to visit: Tumut, Gundagai, Batlow, Cabramurra, Tumbarumba, Adaminaby, Cooma
* Picnics and barbeques
* Great half and full day car trips
* 4WD tracks in National & State Forests (subject to weather & conditions). Snowchains may be required in winter. Some roads & 4WD tracks are closed in winter due to snow.
* Bike Riding and Walks
* Just sit back and relax
DISTANCES FROM TALBINGO
* Tumut 3 Power Station (3 km - 5 minutes)
* Talbingo Dam (6km - <10minutes)
* Yarrangobilly Caves (39 km - 30 minutes)
* Tumut (43 km - 35 minutes)
* Kiandra (55 km - 35 minutes)
* Selwyn Snowfields (57 km - 41 minutes)
* Batlow (74 km - 1 hour)
* Cabramurra (74 km - 1 hour)
* Gundagai (76 km - 1 hr)
* Adaminaby (92 km - 1.10 hr)
Services in Talbingo
goPLAYoutside: Leisure Equipment for hire and sale. Gear includes: snow sports, cycling, camping & hiking, kids gear, water sports, fishing gear, golf clubs and tennis racquets. The latest designs and models of skis, snowboards, boots and clothing. Why waste your precious holiday time queuing up for hire gear on the slopes when you can arrange everything with us before you arrive and spend more time on the snow! Hire your snow gear here. Personally fit yourself up and/or collect the day before in a cosy shop. Highly recommend.
TALBINGO LODGE STEAK HOUSE AND PIZZA RESTAURANT : Licensed restaurant. Cook your own steak + salad bar, sausages, marinated chicken breast, kids meals, pizzas & desserts.
TALBINGO COUNTRY CLUB: Licensed club. Restaraunt.Visitors welcome. ATM available. VHS & DVD video hire. Pool & billiard tables. Dining room with beautiful mountain views. Golden Lake . Open Tuesday - Sunday from 6pm. 9 Hole Golf course & tennis courts for hire available. Golf clubs and tennis racquets available from goPLAYoutside all year.
TALBINGO SUPERMARKET: Stocks all provisions for the holidaymaker. Newsagency, souvenirs, take-away, pharmaceutical, groceries and smallgoods, fresh meat to order, hardware, fishing tackle, post office, toboggan hire, VHS & DVD video hire, golf club and tennis racquet hire. Liquor. Computer/printing/internet access/faxing, photocopier & laminating service available. Rural Transaction Centre facility includes: Medicare EasyClaim, Centrelink Access Point etc. Open 7 days a week.
TALBINGO SERVICE STATION: All BP products including diesel, fishing tackle and licenses, souvenirs, ice, portagas and Snow Chain hire. Toboggan hire. Laundromat. Open 7 days a week.
OTHER SERVICES: Police station, library, medical centre (part-time), post office, public phones, Miles Franklin Park, BBQ & toilet facilities, children's playground facilities in Bridle St. & Pether St., Jounama Creek picnic area, boat launch areas, swimming areas, Church: Australia's first interdenominational church and more.......
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field