One guest called it the "best holiday home in Australia".... come see for yourself
Easter Week. 7 night minimum. April 3-10. $9000.
See bottom of description for Rates and Times. Also search for our website - Ocean Farm - for plenty of photos and other stuff.
Nestled in a rainforest, facing the pounding surf and with absolute privacy, Ocean Farm is like nothing you have ever seen before. The house was designed by renowned Sydney architect, Espie Dodds and recently updated by the owners. The house consists of:
* Master Bedroom, ensuite, kingsize bed. The master bedroom is semi-detached from the rest of the house, offering extra privacy and seclusion.
* Master Guest, ensuite, kingsize bed. Slide back the north facing doors and you will see rainforest, open the easterly doors and you see the Pacific Ocean.
* Guest Room, kingsize bed. With builtins and views over the Pacific.
* Guest Room, 2 single beds. With builtins and views over the Pacific.
* Open plan living dining sitting room. Huge yet intimate and will fill you with a sense of relaxation.
* Huge seperate Rumpus / Media Room - with Blu Ray / DVD player, projector cinema, foosbal and table tennis.
* Wireless Internet throughout
* Full secuirty and back to base alarms
* Internal atrium / BBQ area and Gas BBQ
* Huge fully stocked fireplace
* The manager (who is also a part time policeman - really), lives on the farm. He is there to help you with questions or maintenance.
* More reviews on my website - google Ocean Farm (stayz reviews not working for me for a year or so, finally fixed Sept 2012)
The house is situated in the middle of a working 350 acre beef hobby farm. You might be woken by the snuffling of a 500kg friendly cow in the night, but relax, all he wants is the grass. You cannot see or hear any neighbors from the house, but you can walk 1.5km to the northern end of Gerringong's Werri Beach.
During the day you can walk, fish, read, swim or simply stay in bed. Once you drive into the farm, you will not want to leave. We suggest you bring your weekends provisions with you...however if you need the paper or a professionally made coffee, Gerringong is a 5 minute drive away.
We will provide all the information you will need once you arrive and we have a full time manager on the farm to answer any questions.
* The farm is 1.5 hours South of Sydney Airport
* It is used regularly by the owners as a weekend getaway
* It has 3 inquisitive emus that have taken up residency and are friendly
* The owners find it just as pleasant to come in Winter (less heat and more fires) as in Summer (with swimming and surfing and fishing to keep them amused)
* We cannot cater for groups of more than 8 people overnight - Ocean Farm is a family home and the risks of having more than 8 people are just too great.
* Small Children: The house is architectually beautiful, but not great for small children who might fall. The balcony does not have balustrades, therefore we urge all those who have small children to think about the consequences of a fall and to take all responsibility for those children
* 2 night weekend - Low ($2400) High ($3500)
* 3 night weekend - Low ($2900) High ($4200)
* Mid-week 2 nights - Low ($1950) High ($2900)
* Mid-week 3 nights - Low ($2400) High ($3500)
* Long Weekends - 3 night minimum
* Christmas 2014 - Dec 20- 27th ($11,000) - booked.
* New Years - 2014/2015 Dec 27 to Jan 3 ($9,500)
* January 2014 & Easter Holidays 2014. 1 week booking min ($9000)
Weekend guests get a late departure on Sunday afternoon standard.
Mid week bookings cannot start on Sunday night.
We require a $500 deposit for short stays or $1000 for longer stays. Balance due 2 weeks prior to your stay. All payable by bank deposit or credit card (with 1.5% surcharge) I will also require you to complete and sign a booking sheet prior to blocking the calendar.
Rated 5 out of
A great location that feels a million miles away from civilization, but is only over the hill from it. The views are to die for and the house is very well appointed. The daily visit from the emu for a slice of bread was fun & quirky! The owner was happy to go out of his way to ensure everything was in order for his guests. A wonderful family home with a very relaxed feel.
Date published: 2013-03-15
Rated 5 out of
This beautiful property will take your breath away. The view is outstanding and the huge bay window with comfy cushions and full glass windows and wrap around verandah was just bliss. The rooms are all queen with own bathrooms and the kitchen just divine to cook in. The hide away games room with huge projector screen is great for the South coast rainy days that can occur. The owner and site manager were just lovely and helped with everything. Great house for a big couples catch up or a girly weekend away.
Date published: 2013-02-08
Rated 5 out of
We went to Ocean Farm as four couples all with young babies (10-17 weeks). It was the perfect retreat for us as new families.The property was amazing. The bedrooms all large with great beds and all with a good view. The living spaces were both spacious with plenty of room for everyone. We did not feel like we were on top of each other.Possibly the best element of the property was its remoteness from other properties. It felt like we were all alone and had complete privacy, which was great.Drew, the owner, was also super helpful throughout the whole process.I would recommend this property to everyone.Oh, and the pool was a nice touch!
Date published: 2012-11-21
Rated 5 out of
This property is fantastic. It is an easy drive from Sydney however you feel miles away from the hustle and bustle. As soon as you walk in you are in instant 'relaxed mode'. The house is beautiful with floor to ceiling windows and amazing views! We will be back for sure!
Date published: 2012-10-24
Rated 5 out of
Six adults and a 5yr old enjoyed 4 nights of bliss. Irrespective of the bad weather we braved the pool many times, cooked up a storm three times daily and built a roaring fire each evening to roast marshmellows and simply admire. We didn't leave for two whole days and even then ventured for 2hrs into Kiama one day and another 2hrs into Berry the next.....only to grab more provisions. Woolworths delivered our homeshop order (placed online prior) within hours of our arrival so we were stocked. Cows visited like clockwork each sunrise. I fought with the coffee machine twice - it won and withdrawal set in but other than that.......an excellent experience.
Date published: 2012-09-28
Ocean Farm is rated
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Free WiFi
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Pay Television
- Rumpus room
- Swimming Pool
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 10 adults. Property has 5 beds and can sleep a maximum 8 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field