Easter - now available - 3 nights - $6000 or 4 nights for $6500.
One guest called it the "best holiday home in Australia".... come see for yourself
See bottom of description for Rates and Times. Also search for our website - Ocean Farm - for plenty of photos and other stuff.
Nestled in a rainforest, facing the pounding surf and with absolute privacy, Ocean Farm is like nothing you have ever seen before. The house was designed by renowned Sydney architect, Espie Dodds and recently updated by the owners. The house consists of:
* Master Bedroom, ensuite, kingsize bed. The master bedroom is semi-detached from the rest of the house, offering extra privacy and seclusion.
* Master Guest, ensuite, kingsize bed. Slide back the north facing doors and you will see rainforest, open the easterly doors and you see the Pacific Ocean.
* Guest Room, kingsize bed. With builtins and views over the Pacific.
* Guest Room, 2 single beds. With builtins and views over the Pacific.
* Open plan living dining sitting room. Huge yet intimate and will fill you with a sense of relaxation.
* Huge seperate Rumpus / Media Room - with Blu Ray / DVD player, projector cinema, foosbal and table tennis.
* Wireless Internet throughout
* Full secuirty and back to base alarms
* Internal atrium / BBQ area and Gas BBQ
* Huge fully stocked fireplace
* The manager (who is also a part time policeman - really), lives on the farm. He is there to help you with questions or maintenance.
* More reviews on my website - google Ocean Farm (stayz reviews not working for me for a year or so, finally fixed Sept 2012)
The house is situated in the middle of a working 350 acre beef hobby farm. You might be woken by the snuffling of a 500kg friendly cow in the night, but relax, all he wants is the grass. You cannot see or hear any neighbors from the house, but you can walk 1.5km to the northern end of Gerringong's Werri Beach.
During the day you can walk, fish, read, swim or simply stay in bed. Once you drive into the farm, you will not want to leave. We suggest you bring your weekends provisions with you...however if you need the paper or a professionally made coffee, Gerringong is a 5 minute drive away.
We will provide all the information you will need once you arrive and we have a full time manager on the farm to answer any questions.
* The farm is 1.5 hours South of Sydney Airport
* It is used regularly by the owners as a weekend getaway
* It has 3 inquisitive emus that have taken up residency and are friendly
* The owners find it just as pleasant to come in Winter (less heat and more fires) as in Summer (with swimming and surfing and fishing to keep them amused)
* We cannot cater for groups of more than 8 people overnight - Ocean Farm is a family home and the risks of having more than 8 people are just too great.
* Small Children: The house is architectually beautiful, but not great for small children who might fall. The balcony does not have balustrades, therefore we urge all those who have small children to think about the consequences of a fall and to take all responsibility for those children
Weekend guests get a late departure on Sunday afternoon standard.
Mid week bookings cannot start on Sunday night.
We require a $1000 deposit for short stays or $2000 for longer stays. Balance due 1 month prior to your stay. All payable by bank deposit or credit card (with 1.5% surcharge) I will also require you to complete and sign a booking sheet prior to blocking the calendar.
Rated 4 out of
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ocean Farm for a relaxing celebratory week with friends and family. The house is beautifully positioned amid acres of farmland overlooking the ocean. The property is for the most part well appointed but could really benefit from a few updates and some simple maintenance. The fly-screen doors and the video/TV system need some attention. The pool is delightful but we missed a spa pool which would have been a great accompaniment to the infinity pool. The kitchen is well equipped and very workable with a coffee machine and a full range of cooking implements, cutlery and crockery. Thanks to caretakers Craig and Alison who promptly looked after any request with a smile. We would recommend this property for a truly relaxing break.
Date published: 2016-03-21
Rated 5 out of
Heaven on earth
We absolutely loved our stay at Ocean Farm. The tranquil setting was just what we needed to sit back and relax and have some real R&R. I was married in the area and while we had a load of family from out of town (which caused us to delay our honeymoon) this retreat was cozy yet luxurious! Everything you need and want. The pool is amazing!! And the manager, Craig, was so lovely, helpful and curtious. My family and I would highly recommend this property and we hope to stay again!!
Date published: 2015-12-28
Rated 5 out of
Ocean Farm is quite simply amazing. Very private, incredible views, spacious, well-appointed house, infinity pool, and close to Gerringong, Kiama and Berry!!! Highly recommended.
Date published: 2015-05-20
Rated 5 out of
Private rural Oasis by the Sea
Ocean Farm- a private rural Oasis right beside the sea at Gerringong on the beautiful NSW South Coast. What an amazing place to have spent 3 nights with our families during our Wedding weekend (ceremony/ reception held down the road at lovely Bush Bank Weddings). Check out the movie/ video to get an appreciation on the views and property. Although we did not get to spend much time at the property it was great to take a walk late one afternoon through the paddocks and get some nice photos. Large loft/ playroom was a hit with the kids. Bathrooms are a little dated and pool was cool but refreshing (early March) due to no solar panels and heating costs but not complaining by any means. Thank you Drew for opening your place to others so they can enjoy as much as we did. Walter, Smith & Sonoda families March 2015
Date published: 2015-03-14
Rated 5 out of
A great location that feels a million miles away from civilization, but is only over the hill from it. The views are to die for and the house is very well appointed. The daily visit from the emu for a slice of bread was fun & quirky! The owner was happy to go out of his way to ensure everything was in order for his guests. A wonderful family home with a very relaxed feel.
Date published: 2013-03-15
Ocean Farm is rated