- See all features
Possum House - Front View
Main Level - View from Balcony - 1
Main Level - View From Balcony - 2
Main Level - View from Balcony - 3
Hyams Beach - View South - 1
Hyams Beach - View South - 2 - HMAS…
Hyams Beach - View North - 1
Main Level - Kitchen Area
Main Level - Dining Area - 1
Main Level - Dining Area - 2
Main Level - Living Area
Main Level - View from Living Area to Deck
Main Level - View from Kitchen to Deck
Main Level - Deck
Main Level - King Bedroom
Main Level - Bathroom - 1
Main Level - Bathroom - 2
Garden Level - Studio Apartment
Garden Level - Studio Apartment - Bed Area
Garden Level - Studio Apartment - Dining…
Studio Apartment - Kitchenette
Garden Level - Studio Apartment - Living…
Garden Level - Studio Apartment - View
Garden View - 1
Garden View - 2
Garden View - 3
Garden View - 4
Possum House - Front View
Main Level - View from Balcony - 1
- Is one of the nicest and most optimally located beach/seaside cottages in the Hyams Beach Village.
- Has direct views over Hyams Beach and the pristine waters of Jervis Bay.
- Is situated directly opposite Hyams Beach.
- Has immediate access to the snow-white sands of Hyams Beach itself (for swimming & recreational line fishing from the rocks - see photos).
Sit back and relax on the balcony and let the sea breeze waft over you as you slip into tranquil village life.
Nestling alongside a small creek that flows through the property, Possum House has been renovated to serve as the Owner's home at Jervis Bay, providing them with an authentic Beach House environment. On occasions when they are away it is made available for rental in the form of a premium beach/seaside cottage.
Possum House is the perfect choice for a romantic getaway, relaxation and chilling out - at any time of the year.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS: PLEASE CHECK all of the conditions (eg MINIMUM STAYS, Bookings with CHILDREN, Maximum Accommodation Capacity, etc) and the other Booking Terms & Conditions in the BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS Section included further below.
- PLEASE NOTE: Possum House does not use the Stayz Calendar. And so even if it appears that there are no bookings, the MINIMUM STAYS conditions apply . . . .
- Due to being an individually-owned seaside cottage, Possum House does not have the people resources to reply to the many Inquiries which seek bookings outside our Booking Terms & Conditions.
- And so if your inquiry is outside the Possum House Booking Terms & Conditions (eg MINIMUM STAYS, CHILDREN Policy, MAXIMUM ACCOMMODATION CAPACITY, etc), unfortunately you will not receive a reply.
LOCAL FACILITIES, RESTAURANTS, STORES & ACTIVITIES
HYAMS BEACH VILLAGE
- The General Store & Café is a short stroll from Possum House.
VINCENTIA - Within Only a 10-Minute Drive
- A large Bi-Lo supermarket (0pen 24 hours during the Xmas/New-Year period).
- The new JB Seafoods store.
- Various other shops, cafés & restaurants.
- GYM - The nearby Bay & Basin Leisure Centre has a modern, fully-featured gym and heated indoor pool, and is only around 6 minutes drive away from Possum House.
- Restaurants & Cafés.
- A Charming Movie House.
- RSL Club with great meals.
- The iconic "Husky Pub" (newly renovated and now known as "The Huskisson").
ACTIVITIES - Activities in the Jervis Bay area include:
- Stroll along the whitest sand in the world.
- Swim in crystal clear waters of Jervis Bay Marine Park.
- Abundant fishing (Line fishing from the rocks at your doorstep, or charter a fishing boat & guide for a day or half-day).
- Excellent snorkling & diving.
- Kayaking (Sea kayaking excursions are available on Jervis Bay & St Georges Basin).
- Sailing (Charter a sailing catamaran).
- Dolphin/Whale-Watch cruises.
- Search for dolphins, seals, penguins (& whales July/August & November/Early-December).
- Bushwalking in the National Park, and much more.
The Booderee National Park and Jervis Bay Marine Park are at your front door with all the beauty, abundant wildlife and the natural wonders that they have to offer.
If it can be done on the water or in water, Jervis Bay has it on offer.
Possum House has two Levels. For most of the year either Level can be booked by itself or both Levels booked together. During Peak Periods, due to demand, only bookings for both levels together are available (max occupancy 6 adults); the Main Level by itself may be available by negotiation. NOTE: THE MAIN LEVEL AND GARDEN LEVEL DO NOT HAVE INTERNAL ACCESS TO EACH OTHER.
MAIN LEVEL - Ideal for up to 4 adults (1x King Bedroom; 1x Queen Bedroom; full kitchen; barbeque on balcony). It is also often booked by couples as an indulgent treat for themselves. The maximum occupancy of the Main Level is FOUR (4) adults.
GARDEN LEVEL* - This is a very large and comfortable self-contained Studio Apartment which is equally appealing and is perfect for couples (Queen bed; kitchenette; no barbeque). The maximum occupancy of the Garden Level is TWO (2) adults.
PRIVACY - While the Main Level accommodates four adults very comfortably, both levels of Possum House are often booked together by two Professional Couples who take one level each for extra privacy. And other than in Peak Periods, if only one level is booked, then the other is closed off to ensure the Guests? exclusive occupancy of the premises.
* BOTH LEVELS TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY During Peak Periods and Public-Holiday Long Weekends:
- During Peak Periods and Public-Holiday Long Weekends Possum House is only available for bookings of BOTH LEVELS TOGETHER (ie) For up to six (6) adults.
- COUPLES: For the above reason the 6-adult accommodation across both Levels together during peak periods may be excessive and correspondingly expensive for a single couple. And so the Garden Level, which is perfect for a couple at any other time of the year, is not available by itself during peak periods or Public-Holiday Long Weekends.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Possum House receives a very large number of inquiries. Those inquiries which seek bookings outside the Conditions set out in the Notes below will not receive a reply.
CHILDREN - Other than infants in a crib, Possum House is NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER TEN (10) YEARS OLD. Bookings which include children under 10 years of age will not be accepted.
MINIMUM BOOKINGS - MINIMUM BOOKINGS - MINIMUM BOOKINGS:
- CHRISTMAS/NEW-YEAR - During the Dec 2013/Jan 2014 Christmas/January Period: Full-Week/7-Night, SUNDAY-to-SUNDAY Bookings Only.
- EASTER - The minimum booking for the Easter Long Weekend is FOUR (4) NIGHTS.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY LONG WEEKENDS - The minimum booking for Public-Holiday Long Weekends is THREE (3) NIGHTS.
- OTHER - Minimum 2-night bookings otherwise.
MAXIMUM ACCOMMODATION - SIX (6) Adults
- Main Level - FOUR (4) Adults.
- Garden Level - TWO (2) Adults.
EITHER LEVEL BY ITSELF OR BOTH LEVELS TOGETHER - During peak periods and Public-Holiday Long Weekends the two levels are not available separately.
- LINEN & TOWELS - Included (Excluding Beach Towels).
- NO PETS ALLOWED - Other Guests may be sensitive to animal hairs/odours, etc. So please do not ask to bring pets.
- NO SMOKING.
Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- All Digital Free-to-Air TV Channels
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Fans - Ceiling & Standing
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Located immediately at the Hyams Beach Access & Jervis Bay Water's Edge
- Tennis Courts
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field