DEVON COTTAGE - WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Is one of 4 cottages, provides a unique cosy accommodation experience for a truly romantic and peaceful getaway. It is located in asylvan setting of trees, hedges, ponds and garden rooms on the estate.
The cottage accommodation for a couple only - not suitable for the elderly or infirm - is totally self-contained and fully equipped for your relaxation.
It is set in the historic 1857 "Southdown" manicured 6 acre gardened estate. Your accommodation gives you access to this Southern Highlands iconic garden and yet you are just 5 minutes from the cafes, antique & boutique shops of Bowral town centre.
There are many vinyards, open gardens and National parks to visit within a 15 minutes drive.
An initial 2 day complementary basket breakfast provided
- "A magical cottage, we loved every minute of our stay a piece of paradise, thank you" Mark & Susan Taylor
- " Our heats will smile whenever we think of Devon Cottage. See you again soon" Jan
- "Devon Cottage is truly a slice of heaven on earth & a perfect way to enjoy "Dolle far niente" ...The sweetness of doing nothing!! perfect in every way, thank you". Donna D -
- "We made all our friend staying at Craigburn (for our friend's wedding) jealous. The attention to details is exquisite - Melanie & Ari.
- " What a beautiful place to spend the first two nights of our honeymoon. Great choice by my husband as feel like a quaint English cottage with Alice in wonderland gardens a surprise around every corner. Thank you for a lovely stay" - Helen & Justin Whealing
- "Wow!!!- where do we start???? The absolute "perfect" getaway that we needed & were both looking for. All boxes were ticked!!! I just wish we stay stayed longer to escape from reality & the rat race. Oh well it means that we will just have to come back again!!! Can't wait!! Thank you !!! " Regards Chris & Sarah
- " I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful stay in Devon Cottage. It was recommended to us by friends and it definitely lived up to their raave reviews. I have been recommending it to everyone I came across so far today." Sinead Connolly.
- " Hi Margaret, It was quite nice feeling as if we were hidden away from the world. We loved our stay and the cottage was just georgeous. Thank you." - Elise Thogersen
- "Despite non stop rain Devon Cottage lived up to our expectations of quaint, peaceful place to take in the beauty of the Southern Highlands. Thank you." John & Liz
WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHBAwards - Devon Cottage's professionally decorated interior
The original slab walls are from a 1880 fruit picker's hut that has been reconstructed on the Southdown Estate with an extra storey added.
The Cottage has a very rustic interior with an eclectic collection of country & Victorian furniture and bric a brac.
Upstairs the large bedroom/lounge with comfy sofa invites you to relax in front of the TV or you can enjoy the dormer window views overlooking the rose, cottage gardens and ponds.
Downstairs has a cosy living area with lounge, a dining corner and wood fire in winter. An old fashioned period kitchenette provides cooking facilities. The enclosed veranda provides an outdoor room to sit and enjoy the flora.
Reverse cycle airconditioning ensures comfort all year round.
A wonderful romantic hideaway for a couple.
The "Southdown" Estate
Southdown is an historic 1857 estate where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms'.
Wander among the old hedges, and the many cottage, herb, rose and herbaceous gardens. Enjoy the huge old trees, massed bulb plantings, sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, potager, parterre and Shakespear gardens and orchard all of which change dramatically through the seasons. The bird life is abundent.
While at Southdown you can take a stroll around the English-like countryside of Burradoo or take a pleasent 15 minute walk into Bowral for your coffee/lunch at one of the many wonderful cafes.
Rated 5 out of
Thank you for all your trouble in making Devon Cottage such a wonderful place to get away to. No one could have prepared us for the surprise and delight of this most charming accommodation. Many thanks.
Date published: 2014-03-18
Rated 4 out of
Great little cottage to unwind and relax in
Devon cottage was the perfect place for us to unwind and relax. Great country setting but close enough to the main shops and restaurants.
Date published: 2013-12-19
Rated 5 out of
what a fantastic escape. A beautiful quaint cottage nestled amongst supurb gardens. So well appointed and the perfect getaway. We loved the ambiance and look forward to our next stay in Winter, when we can enjoy the fireplace and relive the whole atmosphere
Date published: 2011-12-14
Rated 5 out of
Absolutetley wonderfull weekend. The surroundings were peacefull and relaxing.accomodataion was comfy and pleasent. We hope to return many times
Date published: 2009-03-16
Rated 5 out of
We only stayed at DEvon Cottage for 2 nights!!! Should have been more.....we are definitely planning on returning and booking some of the other accommodation on the property and bringing our family and friends...The garden was to die for and it made for a great Saturday afternoon stroll...we took the garden guide and couldn't but help take in the awe of our surroundings!!Thank you for your hospitality Margaret
Date published: 2008-12-15
*** DEVON COTTAGE *** Bowral - Burradoo is rated
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Towels Supplied
- Washing Machine
- a 2 day complementary basket breakfast
- fully equipped kitchen
- fully self-contained cottage for 2 people
- gardened estate
- hip bath
- not suitable for children, the elderly or infirm
- romantic private setting
- serviced for extended stays
- wood fire /electric heaters/airconditioning/fans
MID WEEK SPECIALS- 3 NIGHTS - $495 Mon - Thurs
3 NIGHT WEEKEND SPECIAL - $695 - excludes last minute specials & holiday periods - check with owner
Last minute deal!
Stay before 06 Apr 2015 for 10% off.
MID WEEK SPECIAL - 3 NIGHTS - $495 - Mon - Thurs -
3 NIGHT WEEKEND SPECIAL - $695 - excludes last minute specials and holiday periods - check with owner
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 2 adults. Property has 1 beds and can sleep a maximum 2 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field