Cupids bedroom with king bed
Cupids private outdoor courtyard with BBQ
Cupids bathroom and spa
Lake view - Haven Spa Retreat on left,…
Haven Spa Retreat Cottage (Haven Spa…
Haven Spa Retreat Cottage overlooks the…
Haven Spa Retreats - kitchen/lounge (same…
Haven Spa Retreats - each have lounge with
Haven Spa Retreats - bathroom (same in…
Haven Spa Retreat 1 bedroom leads to own…
Haven Spa Retreats - each retreat has own…
Haven Spa Retreat 2 - bedroom leads to own
Haven Spa Retreats - each retreat has own…
Hideaway Cottage - perfect water views
Hideaway bedroom 1 with king bed
Hideaway bedroom 2 with king bed
Hideaway bathroom with 2 person spa
Hideaway kitchen leads to outdoor…
Hideaway lounge with cosy wood fire
Hideaway private outdoor courtyard with…
Row to the island gazebo
Haven Spa Retreat Cottage - stay right in…
Hideaway Cottage - feed the friendly ducks
Take a early morning balloon flight
Peace and privacy, seclusion and space at…
Enjoy a slower pace of life
Bikes available for hire - ride to nearby…
** Please note: Miniumm stay is 2nts. Long weekends min stay is 3nts. Please do not submit a booking request or enquiry for just a 1 nt stay on Sat, as we cannot accept these bookings. Our aim is to provide a peaceful escape for couples. Stonewell Cottages is not a family holiday destination. Please read our children policy below before submitting an enquiry **
** Please Note: This is NOT one large house that accommodates 10 people. There are 2 retreats and 2 cottages located on the same property in the same location. The retreats and cottages can be booked separately or the entire property can be booked as one group booking to accommodate a total of 10 people. Group rates are available when booking whole property. Please read our child policy below.
Stonewell Cottages, a boutique waterfront vineyard retreat offers peace and privacy, seclusion and space in the heart of the Barossa Valley, just 60 minutes from Adelaide. Enjoy serene water views, still tranquil evenings and stunning vineyard sunsets. Relax by the cosy wood fires and unwind in the luxury candlelit spas.
Stonewell Cottages consists of two retreats and two cottages, all are situated in amongst the vines of Stonewell Vineyards, our 103 acre property overlooking a picturesque, private lake.
Haven Spa Retreats - is one cottage that contains 2 self contained retreats (Haven Spa Retreat 1 & Haven Spa Retreat 2), each with private facilities. Each retreat has 1 x queen bed. Max occupancy is 2 adults in each retreat.
Hideaway Cottage - is a 2 bedroom cottage with 2 x king beds or 1 x king bed + 2 x single beds. Max occupancy is 4 adults.
Cupids Cottage - is a 1 bedroom cottage with 1 x king bed. Max occupancy is 2 adults.
Complimentary inclusions: Generous continental and cooked breakfast provisions using local Barossa produce are supplied in your cottage for your whole stay, Barossa Decadence chocolates, Barossa Country handmade biscuits, a decanter of Peter Lehmann port, 1 bottle of Barossa wine, free wi-fi.
Just a short drive from Tanunda, our property is a tranquil world away from stress and hectic schedules, the ideal place to escape and rejuvenate. Sleep amid the vines, wake up to a long, lazy breakfast to the serenade of the birds. Unwind in your candlelit spa, de-stress with an indulgent in-room massage. Feed the friendly ducks, take a row to the island gazebo, throw in a fishing line, enjoy a picnic in the summer house, or take a bike ride along the vine lined country roads. Dine alfresco in your private garden courtyard with a gourmet regional food platter delivered to your cottage. Sip a wine made from the vines surrounding your cottage and watch the sunset over the water. The best of the Barossa is on your doorstep with nearby historic wineries, boutique cellar doors, gourmet stores and restaurants, awaiting your discovery.
Facilities and Things to do
The retreats and cottages all feature the following:
- vineyard, lake and garden views from all windows
- romantic candlelit 2 person spa
- cosy wood fire with wood supplied
- private garden courtyard with barbeque, sun lounges, outdoor setting
- fluffy white bathrobes and quality toiletries
- lounge room with macro suede lounges, lcd tv, dvd player, ipod dock, selection of dvds, books and magazines
- free wi-fi
- reverse cycle air-conditioning for heating and cooling
- stylish, well equipped kitchens with granite bench tops, Miele electric cooktop, microwave, full size fridge, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine, all pots and pans and kitchen utensils (oven in Hideaway and Cupids only)
- laundry facilities with washer/dryer (in Hideaway and Cupids only)
THINGS TO DO
- row boats on the lake available for guests use at any time
- fishing rods and yabbie nets available
- gourmet regional food platters available
- bike hire available with bikes delivered to your cottage
- in-room massage or spa treatments available in the privacy of your own cottage
- central location - short drive to nearby wineries, restaurants, gourmet stores, cafes, shops and markets
- 1km from the start of the famous palm lined Seppeltsfield Road, scenic tourist drive with over 15 boutique wineries and cellar doors
- premium dining nearby at Appellation, Hentley Farm, Fino with further dining options available in the town of Tanunda(3km)
- gourmet produce, tastings and cooking demonstrations at Maggie Beers Farm shop (4km)
- Barossa Farmers Market (every Saturday morning, 8km)
- 3km to Tanunda, with shops, museums, galleries, cafes, restaurants, supermarket.
- 10km to Tanunda Pines Golf course
- 15km to Kaiserstuhl conservation park for hiking, wildlife
MINIMIUM STAY POLICY: A minimum 2nt stay applies. A minimum 3 night stay is required on all long weekends. ** Please do not submit a booking request or enquiry for just a 1 nt stay on Saturdays, as we cannot accept these bookings.
CHILDREN POLICY: Our aim is to provide a peaceful escape for couples only. Stonewell Cottages is NOT a family holiday destination. Due to safety issues associated with the close proximity of the lake to the cottages and the use of farm machinery used periodically around the property, as you are staying on a working vineyard, children can only be accommodated by special request at the discretion of the Manager. Children permitted in the Hideaway Cottage only. Infants less than 12mths of age at time of stay charged @ $25/nt (cot provided) Children 12yrs and older at time of stay charged @ full adult rate. (Children older than12mths and younger than 12yrs at the time of stay cannot be accommodated) You must contact us by ph/email to request this prior to proceeding with a booking. Children & infants strictly not permitted in Haven Spa Retreats & Cupids. Visitors of paying guests are not permitted to bring their children onsite.
EXTRA GUESTS: No extra guests permitted, there are no sofa beds or extra roll-away beds available. Rate for Hideaway is for 1 couple with use of 1 bedroom. A $25 surcharge applies for use of both bedrooms for 1 couple or 2 single people. Two, three and four person rates apply for the Hideaway and must be booked accordingly before arrival.
CHECK-IN PROCEDURE: The cottages are located 3km out of Tanunda in the regional area of Stone Well. Arrival from 3pm onwards. There is no onsite reception - guests must phone Stonewell Cottages 24 hours prior to arrival to obtain personal door security code to access the cottage. Guests will be required to provide credit card details as security. There are no land-line phones in the cottages. We advise you to bring your mobile/cell phone.
Airconditioning, Parking, Dishwasher
- DVD player, Stereo, Free WiFi
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave, Dishwasher
- Linen Supplied, Ironing Facilities, Towels Supplied
- Airconditioning, Spa Bath, Heaters
- Non-Smoking, Parking
- Wood combustion fire, LCD TV, selection of DVDs provided, Gourmet regional food platters available, Vineyard lakeside setting, row boats available for guest use, Washer/dryer Hideaway & Cupids, Bike hire available, Private BBQ facilities, outdoor setting & sunlounges at each cottage, In room massage available, Stereo with ipod dock, Nespresso coffee machine