Chaise in sunny north-facing living &…
Cosy wood fire, two couches and handwoven…
Comfortable retro dining chairs and table
New extended living area and third couch…
Bright new kitchen with garden views
Large island bench with bar stools
Queen bedroom, cosy duck down duvet
Sunny queen bedroom, cosy duck down duvet
Bright sunny twin single room
1970s glassware, grandmother's chest of…
Across the road from walkway to beach
Large north facing deck, undercover dining
View from deck to beach walkway
Boat Ramp & Jetty 200m away
"We ADORED this groovy little house, the kids became quite attached and were downright miserable to leave (umm, me too!). Cooking together while spinning the vinyl, early morning beach walks, late afternoon bush walks, swimming (and thanking the weather gods), barbecuing, catching up and making memories. Hooray for summer! Thanks Angela, and if you're ever thinking of selling SBH... we're a bit smitten".
- Free WiFi
- Cosy wood fire heater - every beach house should have one!
- Famous collection of vinyl records from the 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s
- 3 bedrooms (2 queen & 1 twin single= sleeps 6) with duck feather doonas
- Open plan kitchen and living opens to sunny north-facing deck
- 100m to beach. Walkway to beach opposite house.
- New kitchen equipped for 'Master Chefs' and extensive wine glass selection!
- Large undercover deck with dining table & BBQ overlooking garden
- New bathroom with heat lamps and great shower
- A real beach house on a 1/2 acre block (not a small cabin at the back of someone's house)
- Your own beautiful flowering garden and extensive lawn area
- Located at end of road so no noisy passing traffic, just birds and waves
- 200m from boat ramp & fishing jetty
- Surrounded by beautiful Rocky Cape National Park and pristine beaches
- Well behaved pets accepted on application
- Registered with local council as a holiday rental and legally compliant for the safety of our guests.
- Read some guest reviews below.
"We had a ‘BLAST’ from the past listening to all the ‘Golden Oldies’. The girls especially loved the Tina Turner – Nutbush City Limits. We really loved our stay in this retro house, loved having the beach across the road. Did some fishing one night and Shauna caught a Banjo shark – she was so excited and did a dances on the beach (we let the shark go)!!. All in all great weekend. Thanks so much Angela." - Linsday, Denise & Claire Athorn, Shauna Griffiths - Feb 2015
"Fabulous property! We really loved our stay... such a cool, groovy little place. That vinyl record collection was amazing!" - Kate Feb 2015
"We are absolutely loving this place. The moment we walked in we felt like we had come home! So many nice touches everywhere. Loving the record collection, they are in such excellent condition, its been a real delight to listen to Joan Amatrading, Paul Simon and all the stuff that we listened to too many years ago and haven't listened to since. Really nice introducing our 20 year olds to some of the stuff we grew up with! The walks have been great too, up to Anniversary Bay and then Postman's walk. Thanks so much for everything. Hoping to come again one day" - Jane, Nick, Rory, Cooper Dec 2014
Angela it's a wonderful cottage to be in. I love its history and the ambience. No suburban holiday rental with art from Target. I love your things and having hundreds of records myself that's been another pleasure and your fish trap with squid bait is out again in a last hopeful attempt for breakfast. Thanks heaps and very best wishes - Nick Dec 2014
"We have really loved our stay @ your lovely Beach House. It has been a delight to take in all the wonderful touches you have provided, and the bed was fantastic! ... the best nights sleep Ive had in at least 10 years! We have added a couple of spoons to your collection. This psychedelic relic thanks you for sharing the albums, especially 'Ripper' and 'Peter Frampton Live'. Awesome."
"We all LOVED this gorgeous house, inside and out. It has a great vibe. Lovely artworks, funky interior, comfy beds, great record collection ... charming flowering garden and big lawn. This is a beach house full of good times and memories. We didn't want to leave. And thanks Angela for your much valued list of local tips."
SOME GUEST REVIEWS
"We all just loved the property, it has such a nice vibe. Sadly the weather was very ordinary, but it made for a very nice Saturday night with too many wines playing board games ... We loved the vinyls - they were on high rotation! I had to laugh when one of them asked how to 'pause' a record ... Thanks again for having us and being flexible with the additional guests - the kids had a great time"
"A lovely sunny day! Off to Boat Harbour, on our way to Stanley to visit the Nut and see the lobsters. We liked them so much we invited one home for dinner along with 12 young oysters! A detour to Smithton before returning for another beach walk (at Sisters), what luxury! "
"Great house; very relaxing. Loved the fact that its always 11 o'clock; light = 11am; not light = 11pm. Enjoyed catching up on all the gossip mags here. Some great local cow cooked on outside timber BBQ. Perfect atmosphere & flavour. Had some fun reliving old times spinning the vinyl (11 year olds question - Does that sound come out of the grooves?) "
"Just a quick note to say how much we enjoyed staying at your shack. Weather was good and we really liked exploring the local area. It was great to stay in a place that was more like a home, not a generic resort-style operation "
OUR FAMOUS RECORD COLLECTION
Our famous vinyl collection includes original 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s music such as 10CC, ABBA, ACDC, Beatles, Bruce Springstean, David Bowie, Dusty Springfield, Elton John, Kiss, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Style Council, Black Sabbath, Gary Glitter, Glenn Campbell, Heart, Icehouse, Neil Diamond, Randy Crawford, Roberta Flack, Rolling Stones, Silver Convention, Soul II Soul, Suzi Quatro, Terence Trent Derby, Wham and many more.
P.S. Our tip for great accommodation near Hobart is Beach Shack at Lewisham, also advertised on Stayz. 30 minutes from Hobart and 15 minutes from airport. Check it out at www.stayz.com.au/55979
Washing Machine, Parking
- DVD player, In-house Movies/Videos, Stereo, Free WiFi
- High chair, Pets allowed
- Barbeque, Cooking Facilities, Microwave
- Linen Supplied, Ironing Facilities, Towels Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Washing Machine
- Non-Smoking, Eco-Friendly, Parking
- Large deck & barbeque, Indoor & outdoor dining tables, Record player & record collection, Fishing Rods, Boat ramp 100 metres , National Park entrance 100 metres , Excellent Swimming Beach (no surf), Snorkelling, Totem Tennis & Badminton Set
Discount for 7+ nights. Early check in and late check out can be arranged.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field