Located near Cape Bridgewater, 15 minutes south west of the town of Portland, Victoria, Tarragal Downs is a place to breathe deeply, relax and enjoy the view. It's great for a large family or two families, with plenty of outdoor space for kids, and a 5 minute drive to Bridgewater Bay surf/swim beach and cafe.
This 1950s-1960s farmhouse has a fully renovated interior with large light-filled living spaces, quality furnishings including curtains in Guatemalan fabrics, timber floors, a massive 1960s stone fireplace, huge well-equipped kitchen, good beds and modern bathrooms. Set in 13 acres on one of the highest hills around, it has sweeping views over farmland and blue gum plantations to Cape Bridgewater and the southern ocean. In the morning, if you look quietly out the window, you will often see a mob of kangaroos grazing near the front windows, as well as flocks of crimson rosellas and tiny fairy wrens.
* 4-5 bedrooms - 2 queens, 1 double, 1 kids room for 4, plus a futon.
* 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets
* Large living room + 2 smaller common areas
* Huge eat-in kitchen, fully equipped, including dishwasher
* Central heating/aircon and fireplace
* TV / DVD
* Laundry with washing machine and external clothes line
* All bedding supplied
* Telephone - access to local and reverse charge calls and texting (most mobile phones have no reception at the house)
* BBQ and outdoor furniture
* 2 car open garage
* dual ipod player
*wheelchair access to master bedroom, one bathroom/WC and main living areas.
5 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 3 Garage
Accommodates Large Groups
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field