2 Fat Ladies
Skate Park and Trampolines
Fishing on Lorne Pier
Beach walk to pier
Swing Bridge and Paddle Boat Hire
Qdos Art Gallery and Cafe
Aireys Inlet Lighthouse
Great Ocean Road drive towards Lorne
Surf Life Saving Club
What's for lunch?
Great Ocean Road Memorial
Lorne Surf Carnival
Pier to Pub Race
Lorne Mountain to Surf Run
ESCAPE TO LORNE
This modern 2 storey apartment is quietly located at the rear of the historic Cora-Lynn complex right in the centre of Lorne. This apartment features a beautiful treed outlook from its windows and small balcony. It is perfect for a romantic getaway or, for a small family, there is a fold-out sofa-bed in the living area and a private retreat upstairs with QS bed and ensuite for parents. The Beachbox is suitable for a maximum of 3 adults. For larger families or groups, please contact owner as we can offer adjoining Beachboxes.
- fully equipped kitchen with fridge & microwave
- living/dining area with french doors to balcony
- TV & DVD
- iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- bathroom with shower, vanity, toilet
- washing machine in bathroom, iron and ironing board
- electric wall panel heating & ceiling fan
- dedicated undercover parking for 1 car
- linen supplied
- porta-cot & stairguard on request (please confirm via telephone)
- professionally cleaned for each stay
- 24 hour check-in
- 2 night minimum
- no smoking
- sorry, no pets
LORNE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY LOCATION
The Great Ocean Road along Victoria's western coastline is world renowned for its beauty and Lorne is often described as the jewel of this Surf Coast. Located on the edge of beautiful Loutit Bay, the town nestles between the blue ocean and the Otway National Park. Lorne has been a popular holiday spot since Victorian times when the joourney from Melbourne would take several days, but today, with the new Geelong by-pass, the journey can be made in less than 2 hours.
Lorne has something to offer the whole family:-
- beautiful, safe, patrolled, family friendly beaches
- magnificent National Parks with waterfalls, bush walks
- 4-wheel drive trails
- surfing, wind-surfing, para-gliding, fishing, golf
- swimming pool, trampolines, skate park, paddle boats
- adventure playground and BBQ's on the foreshore
- cafes. restaurants, bars, alfresco dining
- spa and beauty salon at the Mantra Resort
- boutiques, giftshops, antiques
- galleries, Lorne Historical Society Museum
- Ranger supervised Bush & Beach excursions
The areas surrounding Lorne offer plenty of day trips:-
Drive to Apollo Bay to see the fishing fleet, or perhaps book a deep sea fishing trip departing from the harbour.
Drive along the Great Ocean Road to view the famous Twelve Apostles and the magnificent coastal scenery.
Visit the recently constructed Otway Fly rainforest walk.
Go whale watching. Whales are often sighted along the Great Ocean Road,
particularly during the winter months when they are migrating and when
mothers have given birth to calves.
Take a 20 minute drive inland to Gentle Annie's Berry Farm, situated in the picturesque Pennyroyal Valley. Here you can pick your own fruit, enjoy lunch or afternoon tea and visit the farm shop for delicious preserves. This is a great excursion is the weather is cloudy on the coast, as often it will be fine inland.
Visit the Lorne Information Centre, just across the road from Beachbox 16, for details of these excursions and many more ideas on what to see and do around Lorne.
Washing machine, Parking
- Entertainment and Family
- DVD player, Parking, Cot
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Microwave
- Linen and Cleaning
- Linens provided, Iron and board, Washing machine, Towels provided
- Heating and Cooling