- See all features
Large modern architectural house
Enjoy the views and rural tranquillity
A room with a view
Watch the sunset
Sleep in comfort
Relax and read the paper
Kick back on the deck
Wake up to the sight of kangaroos
Have a drink and watch the sun set
Enjoy a BBQ with friends
Have a dinner party
Let the children loose in the games room
Just relax and sleep in
Take a farm tour
Discover the large tree house and flying…
Floor plan - 4 Bedrooms and 2 living rooms
Set high on a stunning 100 acre property with panoramic views of the surrounding bushland and country side, this large modern architectural house will provide you with the space to relax and be re-energised.
Charleson Farm is an hour and twenty minutes from Melbourne and centrally located on the Surf Coast, only 20-30 mins from Lorne, Torquay, Anglesea, Birregurra, Geelong, Colac and the attractions of the Great Ocean Road. The surrounding bushland is also home to over sixty kangaroos.
- Enjoy the views and rural tranquillity
- Relax in front of the wood fire
- Have a drink on the large covered deck
- Watch the kangaroos run by
- Visit the local wineries and berry farms
- Host a dinner party
- Go bush walking in the nearby National Park
- Swim at the beach
- Hang out in the games room
- Stroll around the 100 acres, or
- Simply do nothing
Luxuriously spacious for families
Charleson Farm has the facilities and space to accommodate multiple families in comfort:
- Sleeps 10 adults/children within the 4 bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with queen beds, 1 bedroom with a king bed (can be split into 2 singles) and a large bedroom with 6 beds (2 singles and 2 sets of bunks)
- Additional children under 3 can also be accommodated
- Most rooms can fit portacots
- The kitchen is modern and includes a dishwasher, microwave and almost everything else you will need. There are 2 large fridges.
- Just off the kitchen is a built in gas BBQ
- The house has 2 designer bathrooms and a laundry with washing machine and dryer
- All rooms have heating and cooling. The main living area also has a wood heater (wood provided), HD TV, DVD player and CD player with an IPOD dock.
- Separate large games room complete with table tennis, games console, table soccer, TV/DVD etc
- There is a playground with trampoline, slide, swings, monkey bars etc, and a secret tree house with a flying fox for the children to find and enjoy
- The house is set up with babies in mind: two portacots, high chair, baby friendly toys, safety locks on cupboards etc
There is a supermarket, chemist, bakery, hotel, swimming pool etc nearby.
Please note that the property is not suitable for bucks/hens groups or other groups looking to have loud parties. Dinner parties or family birthday gatherings etc are fine. As it is a working farm, the property is also not suitable for pets unfortunately.
Charleson is officially a B&B and there is an on site manager. Basic breakfast provisions can be provided but most groups prefer to self cater using the extensive kitchen facilities.
We endeavour to provide a 6pm checkout to enable guests to maximise their break, but this depends on whether there are other guests arriving that day.
Comments from guests
"This house was absolutely incredible. From the minute we walked into the house we felt totally relaxed and calm. The silence of the region plus the comfort of all the decor was gorgeous. We spent most of our time either watching the gorgeous fireplace roaring with heat, or sitting out watching the world go by. Thank you so much for our time there - everyone agreed that we WILL be back again!!"
"We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of farm living, and the farm tours run by Russel are educational and entertaining."
"We had a brilliant time down at Charleson Farm for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Our 3 kids loved the place and the room outside to run around, and also quite enjoyed chasing the roos and helping with the fire duties. While we felt completely isolated (which is what we wanted), there were plenty of great food and wine places within 15-20 minutes to satisfy all our needs. Currently working out when our next trip to Charleson will be. Thanks - it was just brilliant."
"Our weekend was fantastic, we can not say enough about the gorgeous house and for thinking of all the little things needed but often forgotten. We had an amazing time with all the tired and frazzled mothers leaving yesterday feeling revived and a little sore from the laughter and warm with memories that we will keep with us for a long time. It really was a special weekend."
"Charleson Farm was very nice ... the perfect place for families who want total seclusion. The kangaroos came right up to the house almost every day."
"WOW that was great holiday even though we were rained in, we still went walking in the rain and dried by the beautiful fireplace! We definitely plan to come and stay again - it is hard to find such a nice house that fits all my siblings in it!!"
"The house is fantastic for a group weekend away, with all quarters very well designed"
Airconditioning, Wheelchair Access, Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- Covered in BBQ area
- DVD player
- Farm animals
- Heating/cooling in all rooms
- High chair
- Iron available
- Ironing Facilities
- Large covered deck
- Linen Supplied
- Open Fireplace
- Pay Television
- Rumpus room
- Seperate games room
- Swings, slide and trampoline
- Towels Supplied
- Tree house
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Access
Please note there is a 2 night minimum on weekends, and a peak loading applies to holiday periods and long weekends. A 20% discount applies for stays of 5 nights or more.
Last minute deal!
Stay before 01 May 2014 for 10% off.
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 10 adults. Property has 10 beds and can sleep a maximum 10 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field