Escape to a special place in time where you can relax and enjoy the rustic charm of Keren's Place in a cosy fully self-contained Unit just for two (See FEATURES below). Enjoy your own private, relaxing home-away-from-home, just 100m from the beach, on the Great Ocean Road.
Sit and watch the waves on a private, covered deck with your own BBQ, outdoor setting and bamboo blinds for your privacy. The Unit also has a small, private, tropical oasis side area with a hammock and outdoor settings to relax in privacy. Fully fenced and secure for pets.
Keren's Place is 15 mins from Lorne, just around the corner from Wye River (1km, 15 minute walk via Paddy's Path across the hill) and a perfect base for day trips to tourist attractions along the Great Ocean Road.
Plan to stay for at least 2 nights so that you can really relax. We know that you cannot relax completely if you know that you have to pack up again in the morning. For this reason we prefer a minimum stay of 2 nights (3 nights for Long Weekends).
Find out why hard-working people love to return every year, with their pets, to enjoy its unique rustic charm. More than a destination, it’s a state of mind.
Also available is a cosy 2BR COTTAGE (see also Keren's Place - 2BR Cottage, under the same roof, available separately or together).
• Fully Self Contained
• 100 metres to the beach
• Air conditioned for your comfort
• 2 night minimum stay (3 nights on Long Weekends)
• Entry available via mobile phone app (downloaded prior to your stay)
• Please note that Telstra mobile reception is good, no coverage at Sep for Optus and other carriers
• QS bed
• Doonas, pillows and extra cuddly blankets are provided.
• BYO Linen: Sheets, pillowslips, towels, bathmats, teatowels.
• Coffee, Tea, a selection of Herbal Teas, Otway Chai teas, sugar provided for your convenience
• Dining table
• TV\DVD player
• Blu-Ray player (some Blue-Rays provided)
• Air conditioning
• Bar fridge
LIMITED COOKING FACILITIES:
BBQ (under cover), Microwave, electric jug, electric frying pan, toaster, rice cooker, turbo convection benchtop cooker, some condiments, crockery, cutlery.
• Spacious deck under cover with bamboo blinds for privacy
• Gas BBQ under cover
• Indoor\outdoor living - outdoor settings under cover on deck and in BBQ area
• Small private tropical oasis with hammock and additional outdoor setting
• Yard is fenced with gates, separate areas from 2BR Cottage garden
• Ideal for pets or young children
Please read Booking Policy (below) prior to submitting enquiry.
Travel times and Guest Book comments
Approx 2.5 hours from Melbourne
Approx 1.5 hours from Geelong - leisurely drive
15 mins from Lorne, towards Apollo Bay
20 mins from Apollo Bay, towards Lorne
1 min from Wye River (10 min walk)
Guest Book comments:
"This is a home away from home - a beautiful place to relax or a safe haven to return to after a day trip. We will definitely be back. Thank you for sharing this lovely place with us".
"We absolutely love it here Keren - and your garden is looking marvellous. The ocean is just sublime, as is your Cottage. Thank you!".
"Thank you for sharing your space. It has been a wonderful couple of days. Hope to be back soon".
Things to do ....
Relax .... relax ..... relax ......
• Do whatever makes you happy!
• Relax on the deck and watch the waves
• Feed the kookaburras and King Parrots
• Stroll along the beach
• Enjoy a meal or a cuppa at the Wye General Store, Wye River Hotel or Kennett River Cafe.
• Go fishing
• Sit on the beach and just relax
• Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the winding tracks through the native bush, or take one of the local Heritage Trails
• Watch TV or a DVD
• Meditate to a relaxing and rejuvenating meditation CD
• Take day trips to the Twelve Apostles, the Otway Fly and other attractions along the Great Ocean Road
• Take a day trip to Colac and visit some of the local tourist attractions, including Red Rock (extinct volcano) and wineries.
Booking implies acceptance of accommodation terms and conditions:
KEREN’S PLACE BOOKING POLICY
We invite you to contact us if you have any queries either before or during your stay.
• TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING PLEASE CONTACT US WITHIN 24 HOURS TO ARRANGE PAYMENT, OR PAY ONLINE VIA STAYZ
• Card, PayPal and Direct Deposit Bank Transfer. Accepted cards: Visa Debit / Delta, Visa Credit, Mastercard (no charge)
• A deposit equal to the total cost of the booking is required.
• This deposit will be refunded according to the cancellation policy
• If a booking is cancelled more than 30 days before arrival (with the exception of Long Weekends, Easter, Melbourne Cup Long Weekend and December-January) a rull refund will be given.
• If a booking for a Long Weekend, Easter, Melbourne Cup Long Weekend or between 19 December-31 January is cancelled less than 60 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
• If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
• If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
• In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged
• Doonas, doona covers, pillows and extra blankets are provided.
• Guests usually bring their own linen (sheets, pillow cases, bath towels and tea towels. Also bath mats and hand towels if required). This linen can be provided upon request for a nominal charge.
ACCOMMODATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Payment, confirmation of the booking and commencement of tenancy implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions
• Arrival time is from 3pm and departure time is prior to 11am. Early arrival or late departure may be possible by prior arrangement.
• Keren’s Place is your holiday home-away-from-home. It is a condition of booking that you leave Keren’s Place as you found it. Please take time prior to your departure to ensure that indoor and outdoor furniture is returned to its original location, utensils are left in the same place, dishes are washed, dried and put away and floors are cleaned. A vacuum cleaner is provided for your use. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional cleaning charge of $70\hour.
• Keren’s place is pet friendly and welcomes your pet as an important member of your family. Your pet is allowed inside (providing they are house-trained). Please vacuum prior to your departure and take extra care to ensure there is no pet hair on furniture, rugs or floors and all pet droppings are picked up from the outdoor area. Failure to comply with these conditions will incur an additional cleaning charge of $70\hour.
• Please do not leave your dog alone if it is likely to bark continuously and disturb neighbours or other guests. If we receive complaints that this is occurring consistently, you may be asked to remove your pet, or leave without refund.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that your pet does not cause distress or injury to any other guest, pet or wildlife on or away from the property.
• Fencing is provided around the yard however it is your responsibility to ensure that your pet is safe and secure.
• Tiger snakes are common in the area in summer. Please take extra care with your pet.
• Keren s place accepts no liability for any mishap, injury or illness to your pet either on or off the property at any time, or if they should they escape from the premises either in your absence or while you are at the property.
• Keren s place accepts no liability for damage or injury to other people, animals or wildlife caused by your pet either on or off the property.
• When you arrive, if you notice anything broken, damaged, or the property does not meet your expectations in any way, please notify us immediately on so that the matter can be rectified. If you do not contact us we assume that everything is in order for you. We also assume that any damage found following your departure occurred during your stay.
• We understand that accidents happen so please let us know immediately so that it can be replaced or fixed immediately (or whenever is appropriate), either for your convenience or prior to the arrival of our next guests. We know you will understand that all breakages are to be paid for. Guests agree to allow the owner/authorised person to enter the premises at any time to carry out any necessary repairs or inspections.
• Guests are respectfully requested to be water-wise during their stay. Keren's place uses tank water (beautiful to drink) which is usually in short supply during summer months. Water usage is monitored and excessive usage will incur additional charges.
• Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of their possessions, however, if we find anything you have left behind, we will let you know and return it to you if possible.
• The number of occupants must be the same as the number booked. If extra guests are staying without prior notice, booking may be cancelled and the entry code invalidated, or extra tariff required.
• Guests agree that they will not create any nuisance, undue noise or do any acts, which shall be of any annoyance to the owner\occupier of the adjoining Cottage\Unit or neighbouring properties. Guests agree that they will not keep any bird or animal on the premises during tenancy unless by prior arrangement with the owner/agent.
• The booking is made in good faith by the owner/agent and may be subject to change if actions or events occur outside owner/agent s control. Prices are subject to change. Tenant may be notified by the owner/agent prior to the commencement of the booking. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative arrangements should this occur.
We look forward to welcoming you to Keren's Place.
Air conditioning, Parking
- Pets allowed
- Outdoor grill
- Entertainment and Family
- DVD player, Parking
- Kitchen and Dining
- Kitchen, Microwave
- Linen and Cleaning
- Iron and board
- Heating and Cooling
- Air conditioning