- See all features
The beautiful view from our lounge.
Unwind and relax in front of the fire in…
A homely vintage feel in the lounge.
Our drinks trolley with basic spirits.…
Plenty of board games (including all the…
Vintage record player to enjoy.
Enjoy the warm sound of a proper amplifier
View from the balcony towards town.
Master bedroom view.
2nd bedroom, original Planet lamp.
Vintage sounds in the second bedroom
2nd bedroom with built-in wardrobe and…
3rd bedroom with double bed, single bunk,…
Fully equipped kitchen complete with…
Kitchen has pretty much all you can think…
View from the kitchen into the open plan…
Bright, sunny kitchen with mountain views.
Claw-foot bath, perfect for unwinding…
Fire wood provided for fires in winter.
View towards Mt Little Joe.
1 minute walk and the Yarra awaits.
Arh, the slinky!
Our house, from the river.
Plenty of parking and a large deck to…
Large backyard to enjoy.
Set in the middle of the Yarra Valley, my house is located in beautiful Warburton, a stone's throw from the Yarra River and Warburton's cafes, restaurants, shops and pub (all are a 5 minute walk away across the swing-bridge into town).
Recently the house was featured in Melbourne's Broadsheet magazine. Thanks guys!
The House - Inside
I have spent the last 2 years renovating the house - so you should find that most things are sorted and where they should be. Throughout the house I have also installed European wall heating resulting in a seriously warm house for those winter nights as Warburton can get cold. Inside you will find:
The lounge is bright, roomy and has great views of the Warburton mountain range; furnishings include:
- Beautiful vintage Danish leather 3-seater lounge, 2 x single vintage Danish leather chairs
- Open fire to keep you super warm (wood provided during winter)
- Vintage record player (with a great collection of vinyl), DVD player (lots of movies), LED TV, Apple TV, radio, and iPad (with internet access, lots of movies)
- Drinks trolley complete with basic spirits etc. (simply use the honesty box for what you drink).
- Board games and lots of books to keep even the most fussiest amused!
- Beautiful views of the Warburton mountain range.
I love to cook and have equipped the kitchen accordingly. Features include:
- A walk-in pantry with all of the basic cooking condiments including olive oil, salt/pepper, spices, herbs, flour, sugar, tea, coffee etc.
- New electric oven and stove top (no natural gas in Warburton unfortunately)
- Vintage 1950s Kelvinator fridge
- Coffee machine, bread-maker, slow-cooker, Le Creuset pots/pans.
Completely renovated featuring:
- Claw-foot bath, perfect for a soak after a day's activities
- Separate shower (great water pressure) and pedestal sink
- Basic toiletries.
The house has three large bedrooms and can comfortably sleep 7. Quality pillows, duvets with all linen is provided for all beds - so you can just arrive and relax. Bedrooms feature:
- Large master bedroom with large built-ins, a beautiful view of the valley and mountain range
- Large sunny second bedroom at the rear of the house with garden views and built-ins
- Good sized third bedroom with double bed / single bunk, 2 seater leather lounge and garden views.
Functional laundry with access to the rear garden courtyard. Most laundry items suitable for longer stays are included:
- Washer / dryer with washing powder provided
- Original vintage laundry dual-sink
- Large vintage Kelvinator drinks fridge
- Ironing board, iron, clothes horse.
Outside the House
There is plenty of room to move outside - the house is located on approximately 3/4 acre and features:
- Large front balcony overlooking the river and mountains, with family sized BBQ
- Rear stone courtyard with herb garden (help-yourself)
- Large rear garden in natural setting
- Outdoor fire pit with rustic seating with a great mountain view (winter only).
The house is a **country house** and consequently does not provide 5* hotel-like accommodation. It is however a very comfortable, homely house with unique features that you will not find in many holiday homes. It is also located in such a beautiful location, the views are simply amazing anytime of the year. Enjoy!
Why is my house unique?
In addition to staying at my lovely house, I also provide the following so you can really enjoy your stay:
- Drinks trolley - help yourself and leave some change in the honesty box
- All linen including nice fluffy towels
- An iPad 3 with 3G internet connection, loaded with music, movies and games
- Apple TV so you can bring your own movies and stream them to watch on the big screen.
Local Activities and Attractions
Warburton itself is located just over an hour from Melbourne (72km) and sits right in the heart of the Yarra Valley.
Wineries, micro-breweries, restaurants, shops and country living are all at your door step. There are approximately 16 wineries within a 30 minute drive of Warburton.
The start of the popular Warburton Trail is also nearby - about 10mins walk to be exact. Other sporting activities include:
- Golf at the Warburton Golf Club (10 min walk)
- Tennis (5 min walk, courts rented from the Warburton Pantry)
- Fishing on the Yarra (2 min walk) - both trout and black fish can be caught
- Cycling / running
- Walking (the Tourist Information office in town has walking trail maps).
- Golfing weekends away. Warburton Golf Course is an great 18 hole course (grass greens) in beautiful surrounds.
- Girls weekend away. Yoga, walking trails, tennis, wine and great food awaits.
- Lads weekend away. Gold, fishing, tennis, beer and food all within walking distance.
Washing Machine, Parking, Dishwasher
- 3G iPad
- Claw-foot bath
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- Free WiFi
- Honesty drinks trolley
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen Supplied
- Modern kitchen
- Open Fireplace
- Open fire place
- Outdoor fire-pit
- Towels Supplied
- Vintage record player
- Washing Machine
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 7 adults. Property has 4 beds and can sleep a maximum 7 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
* indicates a required field