Stayz Rental Assurance - Terms and Conditions
It is very important to us at Stayz that you enjoy your holiday experience when booking accommodation through our site.
We want you to feel confident about your experience and trust that the holiday rental you select through our site
will be as it is presented on the site. Stayz cannot guarantee that your holiday will go exactly to plan, but we can
offer you some assistance in the event that your holiday rental does not have the key features that were
What is the Stayz Rental Assurance?
If on arrival at your rental accommodation you find that it is materially different from the property described or
displayed on the website at the time of booking, and you are unable to resolve the dispute with the property
owner, you may choose one of the two claim options below:
If you elect to stay in the rental property despite the property being materially different (as described
below), and the property manager or owner fails to rectify the relevant problem(s) during your stay,
Stayz will rebate you up to a maximum of 10% of the nightly rental rate (up to a maximum of $2000) for
the specific nights affected. Or;
If you elect to source alternate accommodation due to the property being materially different (as
described below) and the property manager or owner fails to rectify the relevant problem(s) during your
stay, Stayz will reimburse you for your alternative accommodation costs incurred by you up to a
maximum value of $2,000.
For the purpose of the Stayz Rental Assurance, a rental property will be "materially different" only if the published
listing describes the property as having a pool, parking, air-conditioning, disabled access, washing machine,
dishwasher or as sleeping a particular number of guests and those features are not available or not accurately
described on our website.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for a reimbursement, the following conditions must be met:
You must have registered for the Stayz Rental Assurance within 7 days after making the booking but
prior to the commencement date of your booking. Bookings paid for via the Stayz Online Payments
System will be automatically registered.
You must first use your best endeavours to try to resolve all issues with the property owner/manager.
You must source and stay at alternative accommodation (i.e. you cannot request a reimbursement, but
elect to stay at the booked accommodation or alternative accommodation offered by owner or property
You must contact Stayz within 48 hours of the beginning of the booking period by emailing us at
You must submit a reimbursement claim form and provide supporting documentation requested by
Stayz including receipts that verify the cost of any alternative accommodation booked. The claim form
and accompanying invoices must be submitted to Stayz within 7 days of the end of the booking period.
You cannot seek a reimbursement under the terms of this offer if you have already been refunded an
amount by the property owner/manager or reached an alternative agreement with the property
owner/manager or if you have refused an offer of alternative, equivalent accommodation made by the
All claims made under the terms of this offer will be processed within 30 days of receiving full and valid
Stayz, at its sole discretion, may refuse your claim if:
- you did not incur any financial costs in sourcing alternative accommodation;
- if you are in anyway related to the property owner/manager;
- you are entitled to a reimbursement as a result of any holiday or other travel insurance or through any other consumer protection program;
- you breach the booking terms and conditions or payment requirements of the property owner/manager or Stayz.com.au.
- you do not provide supporting documentation and any other requested information within a timely manner so that your claim can be promptly assessed and processed.
This Stayz Rental Assurance also expressly excludes the following matters, which must be dealt with direct through the property owner/manager:
- security bonds, or double booking or booking error by the property owner/manager;
- costs or loss you may incur including airfares, travel costs or currency variations;
- the cleanliness or state of repair of the rental property;
- the location of the property, the proximity of the accommodation to other locations (for example, a train station or beach) or the availability or quality of any views;
- except as expressly provided above, the amenities, fixtures or fittings at the accommodation (or lack thereof);
- any subjective based assessment of a property (e.g. design, decoration, size).