Come and enjoy Berridale Farm - located on the picturesque Shipley Plateau in Blackheath, our beautifully renovated and inviting home is surrounded by 15 acres of orchards, paddocks and manicured gardens with an additional 50 acres of gorgeous bushland for the ultimate private retreat.
With 4 bedrooms, one being a private upstairs master suite, this home is second to none in mountain luxury with everything you need to escape and relax in our gorgeous country retreat.
With stunning views over the Megalong Valley from the house, huge outdoor living spaces, sunsets that fill the property and the joys of being on farm land with alpacas and chickens - Berridale Farm is as unique as it is stunning.
Newly renovated with all the feel of a beautiful country farm house, yet encapsulating every modern luxury you can think of from radiant heating to keep you cozy in the winter, to wifi, TV, indoor/outdoor surround sound, a stunning gas fireplace to set the mood and a state of the art chef's kitchen to amuse any great home cook.
Open plan downstairs - living areas are large and comfortable, chefs kitchen, a dining room to seat 8+ and sun room with three bedrooms in the back of the house the private master suite is upstairs.
The four bedroom layouts are as follows:
1 Queen bed room with one Queen bed
2 Bunk-bed room with a double bed on the bottom and single sized bed on the top.
3 Large kids/guest room with a king single trundle bed king single as top mattress and a regular size single mattress as the trundle as well as a beautiful crib, set up and ready to go. NOTE - trundle will only be made up upon request at an extra fee of $10 for linen.
4 Upstairs offers the private master suite - with one queen bed, your own personal en-suite and a lounge to curl up on and read a book or drink a cup of tea in your own private area.
Your booking includes all linen, towels, blankets, doonas, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and a complementary tea & coffee.
If you have children the space offers a crib, high-chair, books and toys for indoor and outdoor use plus a play house, swings and plenty of native animals to keep them amused.
Please note that while we welcome kids to enjoy the fun space that Berridale Farm has to offer, we ask that if you have children, you have fully read, and agreed, to the 'House Rules' section of our listing and understand that the luxury offering of this space requires all respect taken to our home our items within it. Children are required to be supervised at all times.
PLEASE NOTE - NO ACCESS OR ENTRY IS ALLOWED TO ANY PADDOCKS ON THE PROPERTY. THIS INCLUDES THE ANIMAL PADDOCKS AND THE VEGETABLE FARM IN THE LOWER PADDOCKS. :
- Fully manicured gardens
- Year round kitchen herb garden
- Fresh organic vegetables from the home garden and fruit on the trees when in season
- Fresh eggs daily from our organic chickens no children in this zone please - in winter we often do not have chickens on site
- Fully fenced backyard, secure for children with swings and toys
- Bespoke fire pit on sandstone porch
- Alpacas to say hello & give treats over the fence - please do not enter the alpaca paddocks
- Books, board games & TV including Apple TV
BERRIDALE IS A NON-SMOKING HOME. WE HAVE A RELAXED BUT MATURE ALCOHOL POLICY. IT IS NOT A 'PARTY HOUSE'. SEVERE FINES WILL BE INCURRED IF OUR PROPERTY MANAGER NOTICES ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY OR NOT FOLLOWING OUR PROPERTY GUIDELINES BELOW.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check in is anytime after 12PM noon
Check out by 11AM
Self check-in with lockbox - check-in info to be delivered day or two prior to arrival
- Children are welcome in our home, however, due to the designer aspects of the home the safety in regards to a rural property, we ask that children are supervised at all times and decor and furnishings are respected. Please follow 'House Rules' below at all times.
Check Out: it is your responsibility to leave the property as you found it. Clean, tidy, dishes cleaned and put away, all food items cleared from the fridge and garbage taken out to bins at the top of the driveway etc. Should you leave the property in a state that requires additional cleaning beyond the cleaners normal time/fees, this cost will be taken out of your security deposit. Linen turnover is included in your rental fee and will be taken care of by us.
All doors of house must be locked and key replaced to keybox upon departure. If key is lost or not replaced, a $50 fee will be incurred for replacement.
-Being a farm and a wonderful outdoor property to explore, we have a 'no shoes inside' policy ask that shoes be removed in the mud room. Additionally where possible, food should be kept and eaten in the kitchen, dining room our in the outdoor living spaces only.
-Please see ‘Home Manual’ upon arrival for information on how to use the stove. This is a very expensive French chefs stove, and there are tips and tricks in the manual to working it as well as helpful info on cooking in the three ovens.
- Please avoid putting the sharp knives and frypans in the dishwasher. Just clean the knives and pans with soap and water and air dry.
- Please avoid using any harsh chemicals on the stove or wood bench top. The wood bench top is easily marked by heat or staining items so please wipe up any spills and splashes straight away. Counter top throughout rest of kitchen should not have anything hot put on it.
- Fireclay sink is fragile – avoid dropping items in sink or rushing pots over the side – it will chip easily.
- If you need some cooking ingredients you can help yourself to what’s in the pantry we trust you not to clean us out though.
Dining & Lounge:
- Please use coasters throughout the home at all times.
- For TV and stereo usage, please see ‘Home Manual upon arrival. Keep external volume reasonable so as not to echo to the surrounding properties.
- Fireplace is gas but looks like a wood stove, please see “Home Manual” upon arrival for usage. Please do not run fireplace for long periods, as radiant heat will be on and this will affect the heat units in the back of the house.
- No food or drinks that will stain in the lounge areas, on the couches or window seat.
- No entry is allowed into any of the fenced animal or vegetable paddocks. Fresh eggs are available from the chickens, however this is a no kid zone. Please make sure to shut the door hinge on the chicken coup and lock the gate behind you.
- Oct-March is total fire ban season in the mountains for obvious reasons so the fire pit is not to be used at these times as tempting as it may be.
- There is a walking track that starts from halfway down the driveway you will see a gate which takes you down to the escarpment and if you continue further down through the narrow path, to the very edge. This path is not fenced and the cliff edge is straight down. No children are allowed down the narrow path as it is dangerous and quite steep. Adults can walk at their own risk, the views are beautiful.
- Wildlife is a joy at Berridale farm, but they are also hungry So please keep all gates to yard and garden closed at all times.
Berridale is a working farm 5 days a week. NO ENTRY into any of the fenced paddocks is permitted. Alpacas can be said hello to from the fence line. Currently, only the bottom paddock which is away from the house is being cultivated, there might be at times a car or two on the property, however, you will not notice works as the paddock is down the hill and far away from the house. It is fun to watch in picking time
Most of all, have fun, enjoy the beauty and the nature of the farm, the sunsets, the birds and the kangaroos. A full manual of house info and 'how to's' will greet you upon arrival. If you have any issues please feel free to call.
The Smith Family