NOTE: HOLIDAY LETTING AVAILABLE UNTIL 25 NOVEMBER 2016 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
“Jenolan Street Chalet” constructed in 1946 and originally owned and built by the founders of the timber industry in Oberon, is located within the quaint town of Oberon near Jenolan Caves, Mayfield Gardens, Kanangra Boyd National Park and the Three Sisters in Echo Point Katoomba.
Only 2 1/2 hrs drive from Sydney and 1/2 hour from Bathurst.
Jenolan Street Chalet is a unique, substantial 2 storey, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home which has a sunny northerly aspect. It is located within the town of Oberon, however is surrounded by crown land at the rear and side of the property so has the benefit of being right in the town with an out-of-town feel. It is just a 1-2 minute drive to the town centre
The property sits on high on the side of a hill and hence has unsurpassed views which overlook the town of Oberon The amazing views can be enjoyed from anywhere on the property. From the large timber deck balcony just off the main bedroom upstairs, to the large picture windows in the downstairs lounge room, to the outdoors BBQ area. The views are amazing
Enjoy a hot cuppa sitting on the outdoor setting of the timber deck watching the sun rise over the town in the early morning, or enjoy a glass of wine in early evening when the sun sets. It is just so relaxing to sit there and enjoy the views and space.
The sun just pours into the windows, and is just ideal for taking in the warmth of the sun reading the newspaper, a good book or even to have a siesta in the afternoon.
Wildlife such as kangaroos, wallabies, wombats feed just around the property and are always seen in the early morning and late afternoon.
The living space is HUGE The lounge room and sitting room are adjoining creating a huge open plan space.
There is a formal dining room which also has large picture style windows on the north-west side of the house which lets in the lovely mid to afternoon sun Great place to gather to enjoy lunch or dinner.
This place is ideal for a couple looking for a romantic time away, to a large group or family/s getaway wishing to explore the area either mid-week or the weekend or both. The house easily accommodates up to 10 people That's 2 or even 3 families with children
The property is ideal for a family getaway on the weekend or mid-week or extended holiday. Can easily accommodate two families with children as the property can sleep up to 10 people and has a very large living space for everyone to enjoy
A large group won't feel cramped at all in this HUGE house There is soooo.. much space for everyone to enjoy
There is plenty of heating to keep the house nice and cosy There is a gorgeous timber fireplace, gas and electrical heating and electric blankets on most beds
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT JENOLAN STREET CHALET
- it's semi-rural aspect with crown land surrounding the property creating a great sense of privacy
- sitting near the cosy the timber fireplace enjoying a wine.
- the wildlife feeding early mornings and afternoons around the property
- the HUGE amount of space in the house for everyone to enjoy
- enjoying a sing-song around the piano Ooohhh....Tie a Ribbon Around the Old Oak Tree.........
- the huge yard to enjoy a game of any sport such as cricket.
- the hidden cupboards behind the wardrobes leading into the attic space Children just love this house because of the many hiding places
- The amazing beautiful views and sunny aspect.
- The private yet very open outdoor BBQ area with views overlooking Oberon.
- The privacy with neighbours only on one side.
Oberon is a great location to visit any time of the year as there are activities all year round
THINGS TO DO IN OBERON: The Oberon Experience
OBERON INFORMATION CENTRE just a 2 minute walk down the road. The staff there are amazing They are just so helpful and can provide you with so much information about the area and festivals and events in the area. Or check the Oberon Australia website for further details.
JENOLAN CAVES - Explore the 340 million year old world famous, heritage listed Jenolan Caves Only 29 kilometres away.
MAYFIELD GARDENS - see the most beautiful European style gardens. Recently aired on Better Homes and Gardens. These gardens are just amazing You should see the chook houses They live in very grand premises No common old chook house for them
KANANGRA-BOYD NATIONAL PARK: enjoy the many activities such as mountain bike riding, bush walking, canyoning, abseiling, 4 wheel driving, fishing, rock climbing.
BIKE RIDING - go mountain bike riding along the many scenic trails in Blue Mountains National Park, or in Kanangra-Boyd including Mount Emperor, Mumbedah, Boyd River and Morong Falls or Boyd River Loop.
THE THREE SISTERS: being the Blue Mountains’ most spectacular landmark. Located at Echo Point Katoomba.
FARMERS MARKETS: pick up some fresh produce at the Tablelands Way Oberon Farmers Markets held on the 1st Saturday in the month in St Barnabas Church on the main street of Oberon from 9am to 12pm. You can purchase a great variety of the freshest local produce such as fruit and vegies, eggs, freshly baked bread, home made pies, wines, jams, tea and scones.
OBERON GOLF COURSE - enjoy a 18 course game of golf on the beautiful foreshores of Lake Oberon. Only a 2 minute walk away.
LAKE OBERON: throw a line in to catch some rainbow or brown trout in the regularly stocked Oberon Dam - only a 2 minute drive.
FOSSICKING: try your luck fossicking for sapphires, gold, zircons, smokey quartz and other semi-precious stones at Sapphire bend. No licence required. Diamonds have even been know to be found
MUSHROOMING: go hunting for some wood mushrooms in the State Forest's pine plantation.
HIGH COUNTRY RANGER TOURS - explore the bush at night with a wildlife spotting tour
Oberon RSL Club: enjoy a game of indoor or outdoor lawn bowls, play a game of squash or pool and then relax by the bar for a refreshing drink or satisfy those hunger pains with a great Aussie or Asian style meal On Saturday night try your luck with the Mega Jackpot Draw or just enjoy the local entertainment.
- Oberon Tennis Centre and Oberon Pool Complex with heated pool.
I am a member of the Oberon Business Tourism Association OBTA.
- Hardwood features throughout.
- Large living space with the lounge room adjoining the sunroom/living room capturing northerly sunlight and wonderful views over town.
- Large sunny balcony with French outdoor setting.
- Large fully equipped eat-in kitchen with electric appliances. Including, microwave, toaster, kettle, electric frying pan. Full dinner set, eating and cooking utensils.
- Large 400 litre fridge with large 90 litre freezer compartment.
- Large separate dining room off main living area with an expanding table which seats up to 10 people.
- Four large bedrooms. Three bedrooms on the top level.
- The main bedroom a double bed, large study/library and north facing sunny deck off the main bedroom
- Two rooms with two single beds in each.
- Second main bedroom with a queen size bed.
- A bathroom on each level. Separate toilet upstairs.
- Large cast iron bath in main bathroom.
- Separate laundry with washing machine and clothes dryer
- Quaint attic space used for a library.
- Large carport with undercover entry into the home.
- quaint mudroom
- Neighbouring property only on one side with crown land surrounding the property at the side and back of the property.
- Large 1608 sq metres of yard for the children to run around.
- Wood BBQ and grassy private area to enjoy a BBQ lunch
- Kangaroos feeding just behind and to the side of property in the early morning and late afternoon.
- Wood fireplace in loungeroom timber supplied
- Gas heating which keeps the whole house cosy
- Electric blankets on most beds.
- Built-ins throughout in every bedroom.
- A large walk-in linen press and separate linen cupboards.
- TV and DVD player. Mountain Explorers - Children’s Self-guided Trail
- Piano in the lounge room.
- Cassette/CD player with a large range of cassettes and CDs.
WHAT IS PROVIDED?
- Games for kids and adults such as Monopoly, Scrabble, deck of cards, Bridge, Chess etc
- Coffee/tea and sugar
- Soap, shampoo/conditioner
- laundry washing powder and softener
- Firewood and fire starters
- Doonas, blankets and pillows
- Linen and towels can be provided at a small additional charge:-
- Queen or double sheets - $7
- Single Sheets - $5
- Towels - $3
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE:
There are two main supermarkets, Foodworks and IGA in the main street of Oberon where you can purchase all your groceries. IGA also sells liquor.