Kookaburra Retreat is your scenic Blue Mountains escape. Nestled in a private location on the high point of Cliff Drive, this architecturally designed getaway overlooks the magnificence of Katoomba's escarpment & 3 Sisters. Sleeping from 2 to 8 people in 4 bedrooms, it's a couples retreat and a place for family and friends. A gourmet kitchen and open plan dining / lounge share the outlook over the valley views. Luxury is the theme, with the highest quality furnishings and cookware to ensure your stay will be perfect during any season or occasion.
In a league of its own, this most outstanding tucked-away home is totally hidden on a point off Cliff Drive. Architecturally-designed, the ground floor is open plan including a gourmet kitchen with floor to ceiling windows framing the colourful mature gardens and stunning views. Four bedrooms, two beautiful bathrooms and a laundry room all with underfloor heating. Other features include spotted gum timber floors, solid wood doors, high ceilings, excellent heating (natural gas hydronic central heating plus 2-sided wood burning stove). A private sanctuary and truly great escape.
Entertain, Wine & Dine with new high-end appliances and gourmet kitchen with open-plan dining.
• Complimentary French Champagne & Gourmet Snacks on arrival
• Royal Doulton Glassware
• Baccarat cookware
• Alex Liddy crockery and cutlery
• Espresso machine with complimentary starter package of capsules
Be embraced by quality in every room with only the finest soft furnishings.
• Sheridan Towels
• Mercer + Reid Bed Linen with 1000 thread-count Sheets
• 3 Comfort Levels of Pillow: soft, medium & firm
• Electric blankets
• Extra quilts/blankets
Snuggling by the fire is tradition in the Mountains, we'll ensure your winter stay is warmer.
• Double sided wood burning stove
• Hydronic Gas Central Heating
• Underfloor heating & Heated Towel Rails in the 2 bathrooms
• Throw rugs
• High Ceilings & Spiral Staircase
Unwind, switch off, and relax with your favourite music and movies.
• Osim iMedic Massage chair - ideal for bushwalkers
• 42” TV in the Lounge / 32” TV in the master bedroom
• Free Internet & Wi-Fi
• Fetch TV
• Sony Hi-Fi system (CD / FM radio / NFC One-touch / Bluetooth Music Streaming)
Just you and them, or the whole family, the house is as spacious or cozy as you make it.
• Accommodates 2 to 8 people. Perfect for couples cosy weekend or small get togethers
2 x King beds,
2 x 2 single beds
• Laundry facilities (washer/dryer/iron)
• BBQ with a view
• Private off-street Parking
Awake to the scenic world around you, visit the local villages, escape the crowds with your own lookout.
• Private Views of the 3 Sisters
• Neat Gardens & Native Trees offering privacy
• Deck & Rooms overlooking the Escarpment
• Scenic World & attractions virtually at your doorstep
• Close to Katoomba & Leura townships & Dining
To maintain Kookaburra Retreat's sanctuary & surrounds, we offer the following considerations.
• No Pets (instead there are local Kangaroos, Kookaburras & Lyre Bird!)
• Not suitable for Children under 13
SO MANY REASONS TO STAY
Kookaburra Retreat accommodates couples or groups of up to 8, offering year-round splendour
Cozy Couples Weekend Retreat
Weddings and Honeymoons
Girls Weekends Away
Yulefest & Christmas
Bushwalkers Paradise for Nature Enthusiasts
Scenic world 70th Birthday Party 27th February 2016