GRACE COTTAGE is a well appointed Mountain Retreat, with attention paid to even the smallest detail to ensure your stay is as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Located in a quiet, sleepy residential avenue, away from the busy tourist area of Katoomba, this sanctuary is only a 5 minute drive to Town Centre and all the attractions of this majestic World Heritage listed area.
The fully self-contained accommodation has gas central heating throughout (including bathrooms) to keep you cosy and warm during the chilly months.
There are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, Main with Bathtub, with 3rd Toilet in Laundry
4 bedrooms - Sleeping 6 people
Bedroom 1 - 1 x Queen Bed with En-suite, Walk-In Robe and Ceiling Fan
Bedroom 2 - 1 x Double Bed with Built-in Robe, Tower Fan
Bedroom 3 - 1 x King Single Bed with Built-in Robe, Pedestal Fan
Bedroom 4 - 1 x King Single Bed with Built-In Robe.
All beds have electric blankets and high quality bedding with bedside lamps and clock radios. All linen and Sheridan Bath towels supplied. Hairdryers in each bathroom and toiletries such as soap, shampoo etc provided.
A Porta Cot and High chair are also available.
A large well-equipped kitchen with all the necessary appliances, including dishwasher and microwave, also contains plenty of utensils, pots, pans, mixing/serving bowls as well as a Sunbeam Sandwich Press for a quick easy meal. Complimentary Twining's and Planet Organic teas are provided, also a Coffee Plunger & Robert Timm's plunger coffee, or a hot chocolate if you prefer.
Honey, jams and marmalade are also provided for breakfast and snacks as are staples such as salt, pepper, sugar and cooking oil and you are welcome to eat any food from the pantry.
There are informal dining areas throughout as well as a formal lounge and dining area, or use the Weber gas barbecue to enjoy a meal dining outside in the secure courtyard.
Spend time reflecting in the Australian Native garden, you may hear the kookaburras laughing in the gum trees, or pick some fresh herbs from the herb garden available for guests to use on this lovely 1/4 acre block. The large back garden is securely fenced and ideal for children to play.
On site EXERCISE STUDIO suitable for Yoga/Pilates/Stretching/Meditation equipped with mini-trampoline, Fit-ball, hand weights, resistance bands, mats and rollers.
Separate office with desk and office chair, library of books and traditional board games.
Large light filled north facing sunroom to relax in with a coffee table book or magazine. There is a 40 inch LED TV and you can unwind with a DVD from the library in the family room, on one of the reclining lounges. Or maybe enjoy a movie, at the United Cinema Complex, The Edge, Great Western Highway Katoomba, only a 5 minute drive away.
Laundry is fully equipped with washer and dryer, and an extra toilet, and there are ironing facilities available.
Things to do during your Stay at GRACE COTTAGE in Katoomba:
* Shopping in the famous Leura Mall & various local markets.
* Leura Garden Festival is the first week of October each year between
9.30am - 4.30pm daily.
* Spectacular lookouts just a short drive away,
* Blackheath, Leura, & Wentworth Falls golf courses are all within a short drive.
* Minnehaha Falls are close by & also there are many bush walks
* A visit to Jenolan Caves is a good day trip, about 1 1/4 hours drive
* Horse riding along the trails of the Megalong Valley and Hartley Valley, approximately
30 minute drive west along the Great Western Highway.
* Leura Toy & Railway Museum is around 10 minute drive
* Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens is approximately 45minute drive
* Norman Lindsay Gallery about 30 minute drive to Springwood via The Great
* Echo Point, the Three Sisters, Scenic Railway & Skyway are all just a 10 minute drive.
* Wander down to Everglades in Leura or any of the other beautiful display gardens
* United Cinemas, The Edge, less than 5 minute drive - 225 Great Western Highway,
Katoomba. At the moment there are only 2 sessions, per day (7 days a week) 9.30am
& 10.30am, possibly only 1 session in School Holidays.
* Visit Katoomba galleries & Katoomba Cultural Centre and Café just 6 minute drive.
* Take a Trolley Bus tour that passes many of these attractions.
Unfortunately Grace Cottage is not available for parties. Although the house is professionally cleaned it is expected that guests leave the property as they found it.
Any damages to the property will be charged to the guest - the property is inspected after each visit. No smoking is allowed at the Cottage and sorry, but no pets.