Woodford of Leura is a grand residence full of warmth and character. Set in half an acre of tranquil gardens surrounded by towering pines, the garden was created by the celebrated Paul Sorensen who was also responsible for the design and construction of the nearby historic Everglades Gardens.
Located in a quiet street just 10-minute walk from the centre of the delightful village of Leura, Woodford is close to all the major attractions of the upper Blue Mountains - Echo Point, Three Sisters, Scenic World, Wentworth Falls, and Blackheath/Grose Valley - a short drive away.
Woodford is an elegant and spacious home away from home perfect for a large group of friends or extended family to chill out and recharge; also a great place to come back to after your day of sightseeing, shopping, exploration, bush walking, and adventure.
- Double brick house and tastefully decorated with warmth, character, and charm;
- A private photography collection displayed throughout the property;
- Cosy slow combustion wood fire as well as natural gas central heating;
- Large established and picturesque Sorensen gardens sheltered amongst towering pines;
- A civilised dining room, 4 impressive living/lounge/library areas, and two separate outdoor entertaining balconies providing plenty of space for friends catch up and family reunion;
- 6 bedrooms l with 4 Ensuite's and one shared bathroom and 5-star linen and bedding;
- Country style kitchen with walk-in pantry, fully equipped with Scanpan cookware, Royal Doulton dinnerware, and Nespresso coffee machine (capsules not provided), suitable for any catering needs.
Bedding & Floor Layout
Entering into the front foyer, there is a feeling of relaxation, serenity, calm, and history throughout the home. Downstairs boast the gourmet kitchen, dining room with polished floorboards, 4 gorgeous living/TV/library areas, an entertaining deck with BBQ and outdoor setting, and laundry facilities.
Bedroom 1 1 x Double bed with Ensuite;
Bedroom 2 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite;
Bedroom 3 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite and Private Balcony;
Bedroom 4 1 x Double bed and 1 x Day bed with Private Lounge;
Upstairs is a family retreat perfect for parents travelling with kids.
Bedroom 5 1 x Queen bed with Ensuite and Study Area (Master Bedroom);
Bedroom 6 2 x Single beds.
Things to Do during your Stay at Woodford of Leura:
- Shopping in the famous Leura Mall & various local markets;
- Leura Garden Festival is the first week of October - that's 1st til 9th this year - book early;
- Blackheath, Leura, Katoomba & Wentworth Falls golf courses are all within a short drive;
- There are many bush walks & numerous spectacular lookouts close by;
- A visit to Jenolan Caves is a good day trip;
- Horse riding along the trails of the Megalong Valley and Hartley Valley;
- Zig Zag railway is around 20 minutes drive away;
- Leura Toy & Railway Museum takes around a 15 minutes walk;
- Mount Tomah Botanic Gardens;
- Norman Lindsay Gallery;
- Echo point and the Three Sisters;
- Scenic Railway & Skyway is less than 10 minutes drive away;
- Wander down to Everglades or any of the other beautiful display gardens - only 5 minutes away;
- The Edge cinema;
- 5 minute drive to Katoomba galleries;
- Take a Trolley Bus tour that passes many of these attractions.