'Highlands at Leura' is perched high on the block and when residing in this enchanting home, it feels like your own tree house, engulfed with lush green vegetation surrounds. Colourful local parrots are frequent visitors to the garden.
Hidden off the street, up its own, private lane-way, this cosy four bedroom cottage is privately positioned, designed to bring in much natural light, with a soft green bush outlook. The open plan living area, with vaulted cathedral ceilings, has a fully equipped kitchen and there are quality furnishings throughout. Sliding doors open out, on to spacious entertainment decks both front and rear.
This inviting mountain cottage has a king, queen, and two king single beds, in the upstairs bedrooms, with a double sofa-bed, in the living area. There are three bathrooms; one as an en-suite to bedroom 1, the main bathroom serves the house with a large two person spa plus separate shower. The downstairs studio has a queen size bed plus provision for a single fold-up bed (available on request), a sitting area with TV and a bathroom with separate shower. With central heating and a slow combustion wood burning stove, ‘Highlands at Leura’ has ample warmth, for the cool mountain weather. Reverse cycle air conditioning keeps the house comfortably cool during the summer months.
Set in picturesque upper mountains, it is superbly located within a short stroll to the Leura Village, renown for its charming cafes, quality restaurants and boutique shopping. One can find pristine cliff edge walks, rainforests, cascading waterfalls and spectacular views close by in Katoomba, Wentworth Falls, Blackheath and Mount Victoria.
This is a non-smoking cottage and accommodates up to 10 people. We also welcome guests with pets. The back garden is fully fenced and dog-proof and dogs can shelter under the fully roofed rear deck. Highlands has WIFI for internet and email.
ALSO CHECK OUT OUR OTHER PROPERTY, THE WELL KNOWN 'HARRY'S LOOKOUT' AT WILSON ST KATOOMBA. (STAYZ PROPERTY ID 132571).
Harry's Lookout has been recently extended to now accommodate up to 14 x guests and was built by the same builder with all the same unique features that are incorporated into 'Highlands at Leura'.
- Luxurious and charming mountain cottage with 4 bedrooms
- Peaceful self-contained four bedroom cottage, privately positioned within an established garden
- King, queen and two king single beds, in the bedrooms and a double sofabed, in the living area
- Downstairs, self-contained studio with queen size bed and separate bathroom.
- Offers three bathrooms; one as an ensuite to bedroom 1 and the main bathroom has a large two person spa.
- Stunning handcrafted timber furnishings
- Fully equipped kitchen, with microwave and Espresso coffee machine
- Slow combustion wood/log fire
- Central heating throughout
- Air conditioning, in the living area
- Quality bed-linen and towels can be provided (for a small additional charge) and all beds fitted with electric blankets
- Television, DVD and IPod/Bluetooth music player, extra TV in studio downstairs.
- baby cot and high-chair provided for the little ones.
- Full laundry facilities
- BBQ (connected to town gas)
- Out Door table setting on rear deck.
Reservation and Tariffs:
Please refer to the availability calendar for tariff rates. base rates are for 1 x couple and additional charge applies for additional guests. Children and well behaved pets are welcome at 'Highlands at Leura'. Children under 12 years stay for half the adult rate. Children under 2 years stay free.
We require a deposit of 50% of the tariff to secure a reservation.
Payment of the deposit can be made by Direct Deposit or Credit Card (i.e. MasterCard or VISA) and the balance of the full tariff is to be paid 7 days prior to your stay date.